closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Date wheel wandering alignment

Date wheel wandering alignment

I just bought an SBCA003 from Japan. The date wheel is misbehaving - when you cycle through the dates, there's pot luck whether it will stop with the date nicely centred, or with the date so high from where it should be that the numerals are slightly clipped by the frame. When not using the quick set, and are just occasionally changing the date as you move the time forward, the wheel behaves better.

I'm wondering if some kind of spring is knackered, or if this indicates a greater problem with the date wheel.

Grand Master
    On most designs, when a date wheel clicks over the tooth on the wheel is engages against a spring. When it reaches the peak of the spring it should snap forward with a clean action. Sometimes the tooth can drag on the spring, causing the date wheel to not move forward fully. It's usually caused by lack of lubrication, dried up lubricant, or worn teeth on the date wheel. Possibly the date wheel is contacting something it shouldn't, causing it to stick intermittently.

Thank you very much for that. I've just sold the watch on SC for the Fundraiser, that will be useful info for the buyer, if they want to sort out the problem