closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 373

Thread: Let's hear it for IWC

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,704

    Let's hear it for IWC

    I really do like this brand - lots of heritage (and an interesting back story), and some really solid model series to suit most tastes (Mark, Pilot, Big Pilot, Aquatimer, Ingenieur, Portuguese, etc). Some amazing vintage pieces that are worth looking out for, too if you're prepared to be patient.

    Anyway, mine, past and present...

    Ingenieur 666AD



    Mark XII



    Ingenieur 3228



    Yacht Club



    Portuguese 5001-09



    Pilot Chronograph 41



    Please add to the thread...
    Last edited by learningtofly; 25th November 2023 at 18:47.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of nowhere
    Posts
    7,767
    I love IWC. Only had the pleasure of owning one, this one. One of two of my permanent pieces...


  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    5,909
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is my daily wearer.

    Iíve had good service from IWC who actually treat you like a valued customer.


  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    now in the UK
    Posts
    582
    This one is special- and utterly underrated.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    now in the UK
    Posts
    582
    And this one canít seem to leave my wrist atm




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    1,879
    Blog Entries
    2
    Owned this one for awhile,sold in yet another moment of madness.

  7. #7
    Grand Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glevum, UK
    Posts
    11,474
    Blog Entries
    81
    Iím fond of IWC & had a few tooÖ







    Only the MKXVIII in the collection at the mo.

    z

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    810
    Can porkers play ..?
    Current pair:

    (Smaller 500..)
    and reiseuhr:

    .. departed includes a pair of cal.854 r810s, one of which:

    al


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,963
    First 2 are currently in my care.. last 1 sadly departed.










    Was at an IWC event at an AD in Edinburgh last night. My wife wore my gold/grey Ingenieur, the AD Sales Manager and the IWC Regional Director were seemingly rather taken with it which surprised me. Sales Manager had it strapped to his wrist for a good 10/15mins strutting around the store to show anyone who cared to look and the IWC rep was taking videos of it. I think my wife has now claimed it.

  10. #10
    Past (current later):

    3706 (not really past as now with my son):


    3524


    3538:


    3536-03:


    3234:


    3228:

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    8,261
    My favourite watch, even though it has some villainous foibles.


  12. #12
    Current:

    812AD:


    3536-01:


    3536-03:


    3500:


    3529:


    3713:


    3548:


    5001:
    Last edited by Stanford; 19th February 2024 at 17:19.

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    8,261
    This one's a favourite, as well.


  14. #14

    Let's hear it for IWC

    My current brace of:






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  15. #15
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    3,664
    I've had a few IWC's over the past 20 years but this is my favourite, a solid keeper.

    iwcee by Simon Gee, on Flickr

  16. #16
    Grand Master sundial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    15,877






    Legendary IWC Caliber 89 – also fitted to the IWC Mk XI

    BW, dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 25th November 2023 at 01:46.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    now in the UK
    Posts
    582
    I love the new Spitfire Chrono, but itís a big beastie that I canít quite pull off. It looks great on your wrist, though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    I love the new Spitfire Chrono, but itís a big beastie that I canít quite pull off. It looks great on your wrist, though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The new spitfire chrono is smaller at 41mm you should give it a try.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    The new spitfire chrono is smaller at 41mm you should give it a try.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Agreed. I have one and it is an easy wear.
    Might flog it if anyone has money to burn - ha ha!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,752
    Two that have goneÖ




    And one thatís still with meÖ


  21. #21
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London-Islington
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I really do like this brand - lots of heritage (and an interesting back story), and some really solid model series to suit most tastes (Mark, Pilot, Big Pilot, Aquatimer, Ingenieur, Portuguese, etc). Some amazing vintage pieces that are worth looking out for, too if you're prepared to be patient.

    Anyway, mine, past and present...

    Please add to the thread...
    Any you would like to repurchase or add new from IWC? I also like the brand but currently do not own any.

  22. #22
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,704
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Any you would like to repurchase or add new from IWC? I also like the brand but currently do not own any.
    I was on the verge of buying back my 666 a few days ago, and have been looking for another decent Mark XII for a few years now. The one I really wish I still had is the 3228, though.

  23. #23
    My old IWC 3227-12





    I liked it a lot but sold it on at greater than a 50% loss (although I believe values have since bounced back, in typical fashion...)

    There may be another IWC arriving early next year, a 3714, but we shall see. The newer ones I don't fancy much, but that's not restricted to IWC.

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman at heart
    Posts
    3,219
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    My old IWC 3227-12





    I liked it a lot but sold it on at greater than a 50% loss (although I believe values have since bounced back, in typical fashion...)

    There may be another IWC arriving early next year, a 3714, but we shall see. The newer ones I don't fancy much, but that's not restricted to IWC.
    Is that the same as the 3227-01 (currently on my wrist) but with the orange accents?

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Is that the same as the 3227-01 (currently on my wrist) but with the orange accents?
    Same watch but a limited edition, with a brown dial and different caseback. I wrote a review with some more info.

  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of nowhere
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I was on the verge of buying back my 666 a few days ago, and have been looking for another decent Mark XII for a few years now. The one I really wish I still had is the 3228, though.
    There's a Mark XII with bracelet on eBay right now...

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166450510...mis&media=COPY

  27. #27
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    There's a Mark XII with bracelet on eBay right now...

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166450510...mis&media=COPY
    Thanks, but there's a dink and scuffs to the bezel, which is a problem as the bezel is part of the top (middle?) case. They're very, very hard to refinish satisfactorily if they have damage.

    Good to see what looks like the original dial, though, as all too often they're replaced at service.

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of nowhere
    Posts
    7,767
    Ahhh, fair enough. I didn't look at it in any detail, just noticed it whilst on my daily hunt for an XVI bracelet.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,104
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks, but there's a dink and scuffs to the bezel, which is a problem as the bezel is part of the top (middle?) case. They're very, very hard to refinish satisfactorily if they have damage.

    Good to see what looks like the original dial, though, as all too often they're replaced at service.
    have you seen what this fellow can do?

    https://www.facebook.com/thewatchpolisher/

    his instagram account is better but he can work wonders.

  30. #30
    Love IWC. Some I have owned over the years...

    This was my first smart (in the traditional sense) watch. Only 34mm and very nice in the days when we all wore suits to work.



    Then I got obsessed by the rare small (35mm I think) Portuguese...eventually managed to track down all three main versions.






    And eventually I sourced a platinum small Portugese 3532. This was what I wore to my wedding...just beautiful







    And this was one of the first proper watches I bought...1952 BOAC mark XI





    I wish I'd picked up a 3536 years ago but at the time I thought it would have been too big. Stupid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    Love IWC. Some I have owned over the years...

    This was my first smart (in the traditional sense) watch. Only 34mm and very nice in the days when we all wore suits to work.



    Then I got obsessed by the rare small (35mm I think) Portuguese...eventually managed to track down all three main versions.






    And eventually I sourced a platinum small Portugese 3532. This was what I wore to my wedding...just beautiful





    Love the fact that its made from Platinum


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Master Marios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    4,819
    Huge fan of the brand. Currently just the one:


  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,633
    My only IWC (and only auto), Mark XVIII. Accurate to plus 1 seconds per day.



    Iíve owned a couple of XVs, a XVI, a tribute to XI, an XVIII ďLe Petit PrinceĒ and a 3538.

    I love Stanfordís 812AD. I hope Baden H comes along and posts a picture of his XI. I think Trident 7 also has one.

  34. #34
    I was lucky enough to have custody of Pitchís IWC sensible sized mechaquartz pilots chronograph a while back. I loved it, only wish I hadnít returned it so early.

    Apart from that, that 666ad is stunning. Reminds me of the first Ďproperí watch I bought, an Omega deville chronometer.

    Happy days

  35. #35
    Craftsman meijlinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    264
    The last great Ingenieur, the 3227

    Skickat frŚn min SM-G991B via Tapatalk

  36. #36
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,079
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    The last great Ingenieur, the 3227
    I will never tire of the sight of this watch, what a magnificent beast it is.

  37. #37
    The only IWC Iíve ever owned. A 1952 issued Mk 11.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    The only IWC Iíve ever owned. A 1952 issued Mk 11.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stunning that


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,655
    Fresh in today and my 4th IWC. From UWTC - straight onto an IWC OEM NATO strap.

    IW 371701



  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,471

    Let's hear it for IWC

    Tricky to photograph but lovely in real life, especially in the festive season:



    I’ve owned these in the past, all beautifully engineered and somehow reassuringly solid:



    Last edited by Itsguy; 26th November 2023 at 10:14.

  41. #41
    Master 50kopek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Tricky to photograph but lovely in real life, especially in the festive season:



    I’ve owned these in the past, all beautifully engineered and somehow reassuringly solid:

    Very nice! Always loved the applied IWC on the dial.

  42. #42
    Craftsman JoePattinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Beijing China
    Posts
    503
    I have these three in the collection currently.





  43. #43
    Craftsman TH14TH14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    394
    Two at the moment but the new 41mm Mojave Chrono is very tempting - love that colour.

    Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    5,287
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Two at the moment but the new 41mm Mojave Chrono is very tempting - love that colour.

    Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    A lot of fine IWC watches, I think they look better without a date.

    Which ND model is this one?

  45. #45
    Craftsman TH14TH14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Which ND model is this one?
    It's the 2019 Hodinkee limited edition

  46. #46
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    5,287
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    It's the 2019 Hodinkee limited edition
    Thanks is it the same movement?

  47. #47
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    727
    I had a AMG ingineur chrono which was nice and a black face pilot chrono sold them a few years back sadly ,some of the new range are nice but expensive and of course terrible depreciation.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    959
    A brand i really like heres my two




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    I still like the look of many of the Pilot's watches, the Portugieser & the Ingenieur but IWC are over-priced to me now & the Aquatimer designs went to pot after the 37XX models, but I've had a few I really liked





    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DC57

  50. #50
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,400
    With the entry level 3-hand pilots now weighing in north of £5k I'd have to agree with you Andy.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I still like the look of many of the Pilot's watches, the Portugieser & the Ingenieur but IWC are over-priced to me now & the Aquatimer designs went to pot after the 37XX models, but I've had a few I really liked






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information