closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which leaf blower and lawn mower?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If you’re only after powerful garden tools (and won’t need the batteries for other tools), Makita also sell 40V blowers/lawnmowers.
    Thanks, Kingstepper. I think these are double the price i.e. the blower and battery combo costs around £450...

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Thanks, Kingstepper. I think these are double the price i.e. the blower and battery combo costs around £450...
    Yes they're certainly more pricey!

Recommend Makita though - at last count have lawnmower (2x18V), chainsaw, strimmer, combi-drill, jigsaw, angle grinder, impact driver and possibly a hedge trimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Yep. Same tactics here. Not only with bees in mind. Hedgehogs love leaf piles as shelter for the winter.
    Yes they do.

I had a look at my leaf piles yesterday and saw a few tunnels already.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Yes they're certainly more pricey!

Recommend Makita though - at last count have lawnmower (2x18V), chainsaw, strimmer, combi-drill, jigsaw, angle grinder, impact driver and possibly a hedge trimmer.
    For the lawnmower, do you use the 5Ah batteries or are 6Ah+ required for decent run time? I noticed the blower comes bundled with a 5Ah battery and single charger while the lawnmower comes with a 6Ah battery and dual charger. While I'm not buying the lawn mower yet, I'm pretty sure I will eventually. I was thinking if I should buy the blower bare and a separate dual charger and 6Ah batteries separately.

Also, do you they have quality compatible batteries made by other brands or should I stick with the original?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    For the lawnmower, do you use the 5Ah batteries or are 6Ah+ required for decent run time? I noticed the blower comes bundled with a 5Ah battery and single charger while the lawnmower comes with a 6Ah battery and dual charger. While I'm not buying the lawn mower yet, I'm pretty sure I will eventually. I was thinking if I should buy the blower bare and a separate dual charger and 6Ah batteries separately.

Also, do you they have quality compatible batteries made by other brands or should I stick with the original?

Thanks!
    I only have 4 and 5Ah batteries (bought with other tools at differnt times). Only have small lawn(s) - back is ~50m2 and can easily do this on one charge and might do smaller front as well but if you have a larger lawn maybe go for largest possible. Must say charging (I have dual charger) is surprisningly quick for such large batteries. No experience of other brands TBH - maybe look at reviews on other forums?

Craftsman
    I only have 4 and 5Ah batteries (bought with other tools at differnt times). Only have small lawn(s) - back is ~50m2 and can easily do this on one charge and might do smaller front as well but if you have a larger lawn maybe go for largest possible. Must say charging (I have dual charger) is surprisningly quick for such large batteries. No experience of other brands TBH - maybe look at reviews on other forums?
    Got it - thanks!

To add to this thread I've just bought a Stihl SHA56 Cordless Vacuum Shredder/Blower Kit, as annoyingly Ego sell cordless blowers but not vacuum shredders! This means I now have two different battery types, one for all the Ego kit and another for the Stihl which I didn't really want to do but that's life I suppose.

Having said all that the Stihl arrived yesterday so I gave it a workout in the back garden where we have 11 pleached hornbeams above a long flower bed. It works fantastically well sucking up the wet hornbeam leaves from in and around all the plants without damaging them, it also manages to suck the leaves from a couple of areas where we have cotswold chippings without sucking up the chippings. It has turned a backbreaking two hour manual job into a twenty minute breeze.