closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Secursus alternatives

Secursus alternatives

It seems that secursus is a non starter now…can anyone recommend an alternative please?

FFF

What's changed since 5 November 2023 when Secursus' insurance for 'sold watches' was on offer?
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...light=Secursus

You can still get their consent for forum sales. EBay is a no go given they don’t cover sending to the authenticator.

Thank you. And, sending to the authenticator (if covered), could risk the transit time exceeding Secursus' 14 days limit.

The reason i ask is because it appears that secursus is no longer an option, having read the t&c i sent them a message regarding a watch I needed to send, response below

For individuals, we require a certificate of sale backed with a proof of payment. The certificate of sale must contain the following information : names of the parties, item’s description, its price, date and signature of the parties.

Before shipping, I advise you to read our shipping instructions: https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/prepare-your-package/ and our T&Cs: https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/

Seems really flaky, cant see theyd accept a signed piece of paper, what constitutes proof of payment.

As it happens my buyer and i have come to an agreement where i will drive the watch to him however id urge anyone sending a watch off covered by secursus to get authority beforehand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    The reason i ask is because it appears that secursus is no longer an option, having read the t&c i sent them a message regarding a watch I needed to send, response below

For individuals, we require a certificate of sale backed with a proof of payment. The certificate of sale must contain the following information : names of the parties, item’s description, its price, date and signature of the parties.

Before shipping, I advise you to read our shipping instructions: https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/prepare-your-package/ and our T&Cs: https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/

Seems really flaky, cant see theyd accept a signed piece of paper, what constitutes proof of payment.

As it happens my buyer and i have come to an agreement where i will drive the watch to him however id urge anyone sending a watch off covered by secursus to get authority beforehand.
    I’ve asked them about certificates of sale before. A simple one pager with the details on it and a signature is the requirement but it’s only needed in the event of a claim. I’ve usually asked the buyer to sign one anyway just in case. I think proof of payment would include showing the payment on your bank statement.

Like any of these things though, who knows until you actually have a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I’ve asked them about certificates of sale before. A simple one pager with the details on it and a signature is the requirement but it’s only needed in the event of a claim. I’ve usually asked the buyer to sign one anyway just in case. I think proof of payment would include showing the payment on your bank statement.

Like any of these things though, who knows until you actually have a claim.
    And .... On the certificate of sale which is signed by both parties before shipping (will require certificate returning to seller by buyer before shipment ) also include the RMSD reference which if printed at home is valid for shipping for 7 ? days and constitutes proof of postage when receipt for same is given by Post Office or Royal Mail

It's a little 'long winded' but that's what is required by Secursus – who are ensuring all bases are covered in event of a claim. Also prudent to photograph the item as it's being packed. All worth the effort of 'going the extra mile' when selling a watch valued at eg £5K.
    Last edited by sundial; 23rd November 2023 at 09:53.