closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody used or recommend a Loss Assessor?

Anybody used or recommend a Loss Assessor?

Had an 'Escape of Water', burst pipe,from the flat above me.
    Left 4 rooms under half inch of water.
    Insurance co don't seem too helpful.
    Wondering if it's worth appointing an assessor to act for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickeros View Post
    Had an 'Escape of Water', burst pipe,from the flat above me.
    Left 4 rooms under half inch of water.
    Insurance co don't seem too helpful.
    Wondering if it's worth appointing an assessor to act for me.
    Sorry to hear your news.

We discovered we had a water leak in the supply to our property a few weeks ago and our insurance company were equally unhelpful, they claimed this was du to the recent storms having left them overwhelmed. I'd suggest just getting on with finding a company who will sort out your damage and then sending their estimate to your insurer, telling them that you will proceed with the work asap unless they respond straight away.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Do you get to appoint? I thought the insurance company would appoint one to review the claim.

My neighbours had a leak and the insurer appointed a loss adjuster/ assessor, it was nightmare because of them being a bottleneck in the process, passing the case around, not providing a contact service, etc.

Good luck with your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Do you get to appoint? I thought the insurance company would appoint one to review the claim.
    I think my suggestion will work for the OP, especially so given that the insurers are so busy at the moment. Probably the greater challenge is finding somone who can do the necessary work in a timely manner - which is the priority here.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    My only experience was also an escape of water. My insurers, NFU, arranged for their loss adjuster and contractors to progress the claim. All I had to do was pay the excess, and the increased annual premiums of course. I would be a bit disappointed if I had to do it all myself TBH.
    Good luck.

Thanks for input. Going to appoint an assessor, as getting nowhere with insurance Co.

All new to me but, a loss adjuster works for the ins co, loss assessor works for claimant.

Master
    Ah, got it now, see what you mean.

Craftsman
    I had a slow leaking pipe back in 2016. £50k insurance job.. saturated concrete floor needed relaying, some new partition walls, new kitchen, etc. After a month of messing around with Insurance company, we got our own oss adjuster and they stepped in and we're brilliant.. organising things and getting a better/fairer pay out.

**Update**
    After initially obviscating, 24 Hours after I engaged a loss assessor, the insurers have set up a meeting to get things moving.🤷

Journeyman
    I used Jeff Salmon of Salmon Assessors but it was a very long time ago, not sure if they are still around

Sent from my SM-A736B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just a thought... would your insurers just accept the conclusions/recommendations of any assessor or adjuster not appointed by them? Experience with commercial (cargo) losses over the years would make me doubtful....
    Rob