closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is your daily motor 10 year old or more ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    2008 Jaguar XF sv8 here. Costs about £1k a year in tyres and maintenance. I work from home so despite it being a v8 my fuel spend is pretty minimal.
    Lovely.

When I no longer need the practicality of my V70 then an XF will definitely be on the shortlist, even as they age I still think they look so good. What is the boot like on yours?

Is your daily motor 10 year old or more ?

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Lovely.

When I no longer need the practicality of my V70 then an XF will definitely be on the shortlist, even as they age I still think they look so good. What is the boot like on yours?
    Not bad. It’s pretty long front to back, the opening is ok but not great. Depends what you’’re using it for really! Just did a week away in Scotland with my wife and two kids, both teenagers and they had a suitcase each. It managed all that in great comfort and we never struggled for space or pace!

Last edited by nr73; 20th November 2023 at 23:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    Not bad. It’s pretty long front to back, the opening is ok but not great. Depends what you’re using it for really! Just did a week away in Scotland with my wife and two kids, both teenagers and they had a suitcase each. It managed all that in great comfort and we never struggled for space or pace!

You can pack that in!

Beautiful scenery and car. Nice work.

Master
    My summer daily is my 2006 MX5. SORN'd ATM as the rfl per year is twice the insurance. Robbing bar stewards.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I would like to think that the AM Cygnet version is part of the TZ-UK uniform. Barbour and a Cygnet. But this iQ looks the business as well!
    Hahah! Thanks, I have to agree with that! Barbour & Cygnet, TZ uniform, love it!

Our IQ is pretty standard manual 1.0 litre, but it goes incredibly well and is the proverbial Tardis inside!

Cygnet version would be great fun to have but at the cost of one, I could alternatively have a spare iQ on the drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only to be expected, I suppose, for one or more of these to crop up, but 'er indoors has been using this one as a daily drive and is more than happy with it. A recent request for a minor bodywork repair elicited a response, from the workshop owner ,along the lines of " we bloody hate Mazdas, they never go wrong " That is OK with me . 2010 registered, 55,000 ish miles.

Last edited by notnowkato; 21st November 2023 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    Cygnet version would be great fun to have but at the cost of one, I could alternatively have a spare iQ on the drive!
    Or three!

BMW 330d MSport Touring, 17 years old. It's been in my possession for about 10 years and I still love it. The engine is a peach, so much torque and the car drives so nicely. I'm biased, but I also think it still looks great, 3 series are pretty timeless in the right spec.

I'll keep it for as long as it continues to serve me well.

Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

2008 Focus Estate

Ford Focus Estate Auto from 2008, nearly 130,00 on the clock. Runs superb, the 1.6 zetec is a well built, well engineered engine and economy is over 40 mpg. Insurance is under £300 as no one is going to nick it ! with Churchill Insurance. Drop the rear seats and you can fill it full of stuff from B and Q, or take a shedload of recyclables to the local recycling centre. I've kipped in it on several occasions and apart from a bit of condensation on the windows it's fine, just don't sit up quickly in the middle of the night

I've changed the brake pads a few times in the time I've had it and changed the usual oil, water, filters and a couple of rear bulbs, the inbuilt gramaphone sounds quite good also.

Richie

2012 1.8 Honda Civic here with 96k miles...car is holding up great but engine has been burning more oil over the last 20k or so...Dr google reveals that Honda may have fitted the wrong piston rings to that years model. Changed the PCV valve but going through more than a litre of oil every 500 miles or so...will chuck a heavier oil in it and see if that helps..shame as its running really well otherwise...any suggestions from the mechanics here welcome !

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    …3 series are pretty timeless in the right spec.

I think there is something about BMW and Volvo estates that remain timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    20 years old this year. Bought new by the MIL, and we bought it from her when she packed in driving, paid £1800 in 2010.

It’s never failed an MOT, never broken down, and apart from routine servicing, it’s had a couple of batteries, an exhaust, a set of tyres and an 02 sensor. Starts first time and does 50mpg.

What year? I bought a 2004 RS when they showed up and owned for 16 years. Sold it 4 years ago. Was going to buy the newest until they said being made with Mazda parts and I don't buy anything Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    What year? I bought a 2004 RS when they showed up and owned for 16 years. Sold it 4 years ago. Was going to buy the newest until they said being made with Mazda parts and I don't buy anything Mazda
    Licence plate says 52 for the UK so second half of 2002.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

2011 Chevy Cruze. Belonged to my mother and I took it when she passed. Shipped down to Florida at the start of winter and shipped back at the end.

Only saw a tiny bit of end of winter snow for 11 years

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Licence plate says 52 for the UK so second half of 2002.
    Thanks. Loved that car (if you can love a car)

My NA gets around a bit:

I had the rust cut out of the rear wheel arches last week and new metal welded in. A common problem in the Mk1s but the car is lovely and solid apart from that.

The Skoda is from 2004 and running like a dream. I've replaced brakes and tyres and given it a couple of services and that's it. It's done 66k miles and is in remarkably good condition.

"A man of little significance"