closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier santos green dial

Journeyman

Cartier santos green dial

On a recent trip to London I was able to see and try on the large version. I really liked it and the way the green dial looks so dark until in certain light where it pops. Availability seems to be improving on these and I’m very tempted to pull the trigger. Has anyone got one or able to offer any opinions or advice on them? The polished bezel looks very scratchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    My only advice is, watches with polished cases, bezels, will pick-up scratches, swirlies when worn, don't fret, just wear & enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks. Just heard that bezel scratches easier than most. Having said that probably best not to think about it otherwise I’d never wear it

Craftsman
    Enrico how did you find legibility with the green dial? I tried on the blue and it was pretty difficult to read the time in certain lighting. Put me off buying the blue but not tried the green yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I only tried it in the shop and lighting was quite bright. For it was fine. Definitely easier on the large model over the medium.

Master
    As I have been thinking of one on and off recently I've tried the large with white dial, grey dial, blue dial, the black and the blue PVD bezel white face one. Of those the grey and blue dials were the hardest to read. I was torn between the traditional white dial scratch magnet and the black ADLC which I also really liked. I've also tried the mediums as I'd prefer no date but everyone seems to say the large looks better on me. So ultimately I'm not much further on!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    As I have been thinking of one on and off recently I've tried the large with white dial, grey dial, blue dial, the black and the blue PVD bezel white face one. Of those the grey and blue dials were the hardest to read. I was torn between the traditional white dial scratch magnet and the black ADLC which I also really liked. I've also tried the mediums as I'd prefer no date but everyone seems to say the large looks better on me. So ultimately I'm not much further on!
    Have you tried the green? Looks very different in the flesh

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrico View Post
    Have you tried the green? Looks very different in the flesh

No. Not seen any available to try so far. Probably the only combo I've not looked at :-)

Journeyman
    Had to go to a boutique in Bond Street to see one. They said they could get one in for me in a matter of hours. No where else seems to be able to get them

Master
    Blog Entries
    I looked at the Green which is beautiful but as said i could not get over the bezel scratching so easy. The grey with the ceramic bezel came up on SC the decision was easy. They really are well made watches with the easy change strap a fantastic bit of kit.

Journeyman
    Very nice. That’s my other option.

I've got the green one and it's lovely.

I wouldn't let the thought of potential scratches put you off, if I was you, if that's the watch you want. Firstly, we're talking about fine hairlines that can't really be seen unless you're going out of your way to find them, and secondly it is easy to get the bezel polished and eventually replaced if you so wish.

Finally, the ceramic bezel could crack and would be a lot more expensive to fix.

enjoy the watch, whichever you choose :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post

I wouldn't let the thought of potential scratches put you off, if I was you, if that's the watch you want. Firstly, we're talking about fine hairlines that can't really be seen unless you're going out of your way to find them, and secondly it is easy to get the bezel polished and eventually replaced if you so wish.

Finally, the ceramic bezel could crack and would be a lot more expensive to fix.

That’s looks amazing. How do you find the dial? The one I looked at I could only see in the shops lighting so couldn’t get a true reflection. Do you wear it on the green strap? Wondered if it made the the colour pop more.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico View Post
    That’s looks amazing. How do you find the dial? The one I looked at I could only see in the shops lighting so couldn’t get a true reflection. Do you wear it on the green strap? Wondered if it made the the colour pop more.

Haven't tried the strap yet.

The dial is lovely but quite subtle- it is dark grey a lot of the time which adds to the versatility. Looks different all the time!

Master
    Blog Entries

It’s warranty runs out 2031 so not worried on the bezel cracking

I really do love the green but sometimes I worry so much about fine hairline scratches it’s anal, and then I stop wearing them. Enjoy your watch it’s beautiful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I looked at the Green which is beautiful but as said i could not get over the bezel scratching so easy. The grey with the ceramic bezel came up on SC the decision was easy. They really are well made watches with the easy change strap a fantastic bit of kit.

Lovely watch but unless it’s changed that’s not a ceramic bezel it’s adlc coated. I know because I bought one that was scratched and had a palaver to return it !

Cartier santos green dial

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Lovely watch but unless it’s changed that’s not a ceramic bezel it’s adlc coated. I know because I bought one that was scratched and had a palaver to return it !
    Yikes. How do they sort that sort of damage? A new coating?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    You are right it’s not ceramic. It is very hard wearing,but you can always scratch any surface I suppose.

Master
    Yikes. How do they sort that sort of damage? A new coating?
    I’d guess a new bezel is more likely