closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gigaclear and streaming

Master

Gigaclear and streaming

I know it’s mainly rural areas that this relates to, but has anyone signed up to gigaclear and sky streaming package.
    If so, which channels do you get, ( any sports included), and how easy do you find it to use.
    Gigaclear have installed all the fibre in our area but we’re in contract until early next year with sky, we’ve got tv/broadband/phone, not the complete tv package though, just trying to decide if it’s time to jump ship to gigaclear

I’ll be interested in responses too, our village has been laid for Gigaclear but not launched yet, I’m hoping it will be reliable, I’m not chasing big speeds necessarily ( but a improvement on our 18meg we have now, it’s sort of just enough but struggles with us all streaming / gaming at the same time) but reliability is key .
    Cheers..
    Jase

I didn't know gigaclear had tied up with Sky, I'll have to look into that!. I've been with gigaclear for over 2 years, the service has been superb, not a single drop out and a steady 400mbps up and down.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks.
    J
    Cheers..
    Jase

My dad has been signed up with Gigaclear on their basic 50mbs down/up package for quite a few years now and there's only been one break in service in all that time, and that was scheduled maintenance work so he was informed of the downtime before it took place. I also didn't realise they did a sky bundle!

Master
    Gigaclear TV packages
    Gigaclear doesn’t provide its own TV service or set-top box. Nevertheless, customers can get an exclusive Gigaclear full fibre + Sky Entertainment & Netflix package.
    This package gives you plenty of entertainment via the Sky Q set-top box. As well as 100 channels not on Freeview and over 500 box sets (including plenty of award-winning Sky Originals), you get a Netflix subscription and access to other streaming platforms, like iPlayer and YouTube.
    At the time of writing (November 2022), a Gigaclear broadband and TV deal starts from £39 a month.

This was from the money supermarket site.

We had Gigaclear in our last village in Northants before we moved three years ago. The speeds served up were extremely fast, when they worked, but therein lies the problem. I don't know how reliable they are now, but our experience was dire. Their customer service is/was beyond woeful. There were outages just about every week, usually between 10pm and 6am which was no good to me as that's when I do a lot of work/watch TV via the internet. Sometimes these would last even longer, for 2-3 days at a time. Their technical support consisted of one or two outsourced people in a call centre with no technical expertise or knowledge whatsoever. Since we moved to Leicestershire we've only had BT as as option, but it's fast enough to do what we want, and we've got 5 kids. My son is often inline gaming while I'm watching Netflix and my wife's got something else on in another room. Much slower speeds, but much more reliable and we haven't had an issue in three years.

I'd have a look at review sites now to see what people are saying, because back then they were abysmal.

Master
    Thought I’d update this thread.
    Our 18 month Skyq contract has finished and the price has shot up to about £150 per month.
    This is for broadband/landline/tv package.
    Tv package includes
    Signature £29
    Netflix £4
    Sky sports £29
    tnt sports £25
    HD £9
    Plus
    Landline £13.50
    Broadband £39.50

I spoke to gigaclear and their fibre broadband is £20 per month for 400mbs plus 2 routers
    But, and here’s the catch, to get sky tv through them you get a link to sky and they then charge separately.
    I spoke to sky and they quoted £96 per month for above package minus the landline if we go through gigaclear.

So that’s £116 per month.
    How do other people get around paying these prices but are still able to watch their favourite sports etc. as these seem to be the most expensive.

If you get Sky Stream which is the dish less version of Sky and relies on a box they send I cannot get to the price they quote?

So sort broadband and then contract for sky stream separately?
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 27th January 2024 at 16:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    If you get Sky Stream which is the dish less version of Sky and relies on a box they send I cannot get to the price they quote?

So sort broadband and then contract for sky stream separately?
    I’ve never actually done much streaming, believe it or not🙈, so how does it work via the box, are you able to record stuff like skyq box, or isn’t it necessary as you just stream when you want.
    Be gentle with me I don’t get out a lot.