closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPhone 12 pro Max replacement screen/battery.

iPhone 12 pro Max replacement screen/battery.

What do you guys pay for iphone repairs.

I considered buying my wife a second hand 12 pro Max that really needed a new battery and screen to bring it up to spec, I was quoted £220 by a local repair guy not Apple so no longer a bargain, best to pay the extra and buy a good one in the first place I suppose.

I don’t like the idea of a repaired phone.

Father in law had a battery replaced locally a couple of days ago, paid about £40 less than Apple’s price and now has loads of warnings and alerts.

I’d get one that is ready to go to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    John
    I’d say not worth it - the screen (I think) will not be as the original and True Tone etc won’t work - kind of defeats the point of a pro

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would go for a refurbished unit .

I wouldn’t go with a replacement screen. I’ve experienced it in the past and no matter how good they are, the phone will still show a warning in the settings that a non original screen has been fitted. Also you might lose the tru tone functionality. Mine was also a slightly bit laggy too.

Craftsman
    I can recommend a repairer in Sheffield. I found them through a FB repair video where he was regularly making chip level repairs, in a market swimming with 'repair' shops in the wrong parts of town who bodged-in Aliexpress screens.

iDoctor in Meersbrook in Sheffield. £25 for a new battery in an iPhone SE. Their website has repair costs by model and they do a lot by post.

This is the repair that caught my eye:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1342815119997814

https://www.idoctoruk.com/iphone-rep...o-max-repairs/

£300 + £80.

Master
    Other option John is a glass replacement- I had this done once - you retain the original screen they just replace the top later of glass - obviously depends on the extent of the screen damage - sub £100 on eBay

Thanks Paul, I think the best idea is just to pick her a good one up as and when, I got mine from SC, not cheap but good battery and well looked after.