closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nespresso Machine - Options/Bean to Cup??

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Not sure what BtC filter coffee is?

Do you start with whole beans, grind them to order - then use the grounds in a filter machine?
    Just like an automatic BtC espresso machine - beans in hopper on the top are fed into grinder but the grounds go into a filter basket instead of a portafilter and you get a jug of filter coffee instead of a cup of espresso.

Maybe it should be bean to jug...?
    Last edited by gunner; 8th November 2023 at 12:20.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So espresso is filter coffee without being poured through a filter?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    So espresso is filter coffee without being poured through a filter?
    No. Espresso is produced using a small amount of high pressure hot water in 25-30 seconds, filter is produced using a larger amount of hot water and the force of gravity over a matter of minutes. Both still 'filter' out the grounds.
    Last edited by gunner; 8th November 2023 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Just like an automatic BtC espresso machine - beans in hopper on the top are fed into grinder but the grounds go into a filter basket instead of a portafilter and you get a jug of filter coffee instead of a cup of espresso.

Maybe it should be bean to jug...?

Ah - I understand now, thanks!

We’ve had a sage Nespresso Creatista Plus for a few years, it has to be the noisiest coffee machine on the planet

Journeyman
    I sold my Nespresso Creatista Plus earlier in the year with the intention of getting a bean to cup machine.

The Gaggia Cadorna Prestige is the favourite at the moment. I like the removable milk carafe, the programmable user profiles, and the range of drinks.

https://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/gaggia-cadorna-prestige/

Anyone have experience of this model?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've been around the block with the coffee machines.

First a Tassimo which broke just out of warranty, then a dolce gusto which I ended up donating to the office kitchen but never gets used, then as delonghi magnificat BTC, the first was doa, the replacement lasted around 2y and broke in the most spectacular fashion.

Now got a sage barista maybe 3y making 2-4 cups daily and once dialled in it produces by far the best results. Only faff is if you like different beans you need different weights and times, it's more like a chemistry set on times. Only drink black so never use the steamer just the hot water tap.

Thanks to this thread and sick of paying £ 5.00 for pods and getting through way too many.

I have taken the plunge into the world of coffee (real coffee)

I used the 'Kev' discount code on the Sage website so got 15% off a Barrista Express Impress

Bought a bag of 'Union' Revelation dark and I'm hooked

Much learning to do but wow already Flat White's are amazing

I have cheated though as I cannot be doing with wand for frothing so using a Nespresso heater frother which is equally brilliant an much less mess and hassle

Thanks to the TZ Coffee guru's on this thread

Master
    I really want to move to BTC, alas I’m still enslaved to nespresso given the credit on my account, drink way less than I did and still £830 in credit with them from the £1 machine deal.

Am a loooong way off changing.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Thanks to this thread and sick of paying £ 5.00 for pods and getting through way too many.

I have taken the plunge into the world of coffee (real coffee)

I used the 'Kev' discount code on the Sage website so got 15% off a Barrista Express Impress

Bought a bag of 'Union' Revelation dark and I'm hooked

Much learning to do but wow already Flat White's are amazing

I have cheated though as I cannot be doing with wand for frothing so using a Nespresso heater frother which is equally brilliant an much less mess and hassle

Thanks to the TZ Coffee guru's on this thread

Done the same (non-impress version).

Need to get it dialled in. Also have the Nespresso frother which does seem easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I really want to move to BTC, alas I’m still enslaved to nespresso given the credit on my account, drink way less than I did and still £830 in credit with them from the £1 machine deal.

Am a loooong way off changing.
    £830!!!!

I guess you can't get a refund, but there may be a case for cutting your losses and using that up on pods and selling on Facebook local at perhaps 80-85% return?

Spend the money on a good BtC and continue to save money and have better coffee?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    £830!!!!

I guess you can't get a refund, but there may be a case for cutting your losses and using that up on pods and selling on Facebook local at perhaps 80-85% return?

Spend the money on a good BtC and continue to save money and have better coffee?
    Tbh that’s more effort than I can be bothered with, need to also negotiate the new machine size with the wife!

Friends and family are buying their capsules from me & I just get them delivered to their house. Certainly a slow burn.

There was a time I was drinking a sleeve of capsules a day, thankfully I am no longer consuming that much coffee, but did work the £1 machine and monthly cost around my consumption at the time.

The subscription is long cancelled and can help someone to buy another machine if required too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Had nespresso for years, various machines. Think we have the exact same machine. Went for the pro to be able to froth milk and extract espresso at the same time. In hindsight we should have gone bean to cup sooner.

Jura was recommended here by Joe Narvey and I found one almost half price in Costco last year. ENA 8. Good but not very modern. Some drawbacks but very happy with it overall, especially over the Nespresso, but you’ll need to do milk separately. All the coffee grinds go into the garden.

I use the Nespresso for frothing milk or decaf and the Jura for espresso and black coffee. Aerochino 4 is the best external milk frother Ive found.

You did get a damn good deal there mate, am looking again now.

You did get a damn good deal there mate, am looking again now.
    Not the best machine (no programmable modes, one setting for all) but for the money I really like it. To tick all the boxes you need to spend £2k-£3k and even then the milk frothing aspect is absolute balls.

Just went into my photos to double check the price and I probably should have bought two!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not the best machine (no programmable modes, one setting for all) but for the money I really like it. To tick all the boxes you need to spend £2k-£3k and even then the milk frothing aspect is absolute balls.

Just went into my photos to double check the price and I probably should have bought two!

Bloody hell, that sickens me!

Am now never going to buy one on principle based on your price! Will keep an eye out, but not a regular shopper there to catch any deals.

Can sell my perfect draft machine to add to the funds I guess.

Bloody hell, that sickens me!

Am now never going to buy one on principle based on your price! Will keep an eye out, but not a regular shopper there to catch any deals.

Can sell my perfect draft machine to add to the funds I guess.
    Truly fantastic for the money, that pic and the purchase were early August. Only go Costco every 4-6 weeks and managed to catch it by chance. I only use it for long black coffee and espresso so you still need a decent external frother.

Master
    Just heads up
    You can get a ESAM2800 bean to cup (refurbished) direct from Delonghi via eBay for £139 using BUYBETTER20
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144301665...mis&media=COPY
    Last edited by lewie; 24th November 2023 at 09:21.