closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Cocktail Time

Master
    Blog Entries

Seiko Cocktail Time

I was wondering if anyone has or had any of these? Any real-world pictures?

The Seiko Guy has a handy page on them here:

https://www.theseikoguy.com/presage-cocktail-time/

I find some of these with no date window and PR quite fanciable. Could see getting one or two. Yes, I am the kind of big jessy who could wear a watch bearing the poncified handle "Seiko Presage Cocktail Time Midnight Mockingbird" without wincing.

Shame about the Hardlex bog standard mineral crystal but I guess we are used to that by now.
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 25th October 2023 at 11:37.

Here is a real world pic of my 'Manhattan', something a bit different and classy.

They have been around for years and are generally considered one of the best value watches out there, have a look at some of the online reviews.

Never had a problem with Seiko watch crystals never understood what people moaned about regarding hardlex

Names are no more daft than landmaster, fieldmaster, speedmaster, beachmaster, big pilot etc take your pick

I’ve handled a few of them and they’re really lovely, feel more expensive than they are.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    Here is a real world pic of my 'Manhattan', something a bit different and classy.

Very nice!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    They have been around for years and are generally considered one of the best value watches out there, have a look at some of the online reviews.

Never had a problem with Seiko watch crystals never understood what people moaned about regarding hardlex

Names are no more daft than landmaster, fieldmaster, speedmaster, beachmaster, big pilot etc take your pick
    Thanks. The Seikos I’ve had with Hardlex that I’ve worn a lot have all picked up scratches (I’m not good at avoiding door handles etc). Though to be fair not enough or bad enough that it really bothers me. I think you can polish out with a Dremel, which might be a good excuse to get one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’ve handled a few of them and they’re really lovely, feel more expensive than they are.
    Thanks. Have my eye on some on eBay…

Master
    I got my son a Hojicha Cocktail Time from these very forums in Dec 2021. He’s been very happy with it. I imagine the sales thread is still around.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I got my son a Hojicha Cocktail Time from these very forums in Dec 2021. He’s been very happy with it. I imagine the sales thread is still around.
    Yep the thread is here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...hlight=hojicha

Lovely dial on that one. Something really unusual.

Master
    Yep that is the one. To date (and fingers crossed) it has had no issues. One of his favourite watches and as he is into all things Japanese it really ticked the boxes

Master
    I owned brown version, with pointer date and power reserve. LE 8000 units (I know)

Only problem : its 7750 thick. IIRC around 16 mm

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    I owned brown version, with pointer date and power reserve. LE 8000 units (I know)

Only problem : its 7750 thick. IIRC around 16 mm
    Seiko says 14.4mm which is still chunky enough! Would not be the first time their numbers were off though.

Not sure I would go for it at 16mm as I might want to wear a shirt with cuffs.