closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont visit

Master
    Blog Entries

Bremont visit

I have been invited to Henley to visit Bremont this coming Wednesday from 10.00 to 15.00 Lunch included.

(The only other tour of any kind I have done was Triumph motorcycles 20 years ago so quite looking forward to it).

No one I have asked is interested in watches and wants to come (we forget sometimes that we are in the minority).

"If anyone would like to come along I have a plus one".

Preference will be given to Liz Hurley if she is still on the forum.

I get the feeling they think I know a lot about watches which of course I dont,I just regurgitate what I read on here and from youtube videos.
    Though I never miss a chance to give my opinion on Rolex of course.

I am trying to work out how to best fit in with the Henley on posh mob.

Should I take my Bentley or Range Rover?

Red strides are a must, along with a Musto polo shirt and some deck shoes.
    I wasn't in a regiment but I do have my corps tie,I could wear that with a blazer and slacks maybe.
    Anyone up on the Masonic hand shakes?

Though if its sunny I may go on my 20 year old Motorbike wearing jeans and leather jacket.

As for what watch to wear thats easy, it will be one of these 3 on the day depending on how I feel.

Smiths Military 36mm
    Precista 53
    Zenith Tipo

I am leaning towards the Smiths.

Anyone who has been please feel free give us some pointers.

It's a great place to visit with very nice people and a great tour. They don't care what car you drive, what you choose to wear and which watches you own. That said, you should feel slightly embarrassed if you have enough money to buy a nice car yet own a Range Rover and a Bentley. A Jaguar E-type or vintage Porsche are more becoming.

I was there last week as there after new watchmakers so they invented some of us down from the school of watchmaking

Craftsman
    Very much enjoyed my visit to their old factory with a few other forum members a few years ago. Would certainly like to visit "the wing" at some stage but can't make it this week unfortunately. Hope you enjoy the day..... with or without Ms Hurley.

Sent from my SM-S901B using TZ-UK mobile app

We organised a RedBar Bristol visit to the wing in summer 2022 - it was great, I am sure you'll enjoy it.
    What they've set up is very impressive

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply's I cant wait.

The offer still stands if anyone can make it on Wednesday.

My comments where really just tongue in cheek.

I was in Henley last week I like to visit the Chocolate cafe on my bike and sit in the sun.
    Good coffee and cakes and the staff are always friendly to me.

https://www.thechocolatecafeclub.co.uk/henley/

There are a few antique shops nearby and a lovely old bookshop run by a very posh couple who love talking about books and the old days (as do I).
    I dont judge them by accent anymore than they judge my accent.

https://www.waysbookshop.co.uk/
    Last edited by bwest76; 23rd October 2023 at 18:51.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed it very much,Liz was busy so Duncan (Thewatchbloke) came as my plus one and was very good company.

I see Bremont in a different light now and appreciate what they have achieved.

Dont get me wrong I may still joke about some (not all) of the tenuous links,everybody seems to be be special forces of some sort nowadays.

Though one piece of info I was told was very interesting.

Some watches they made where to specific requirements of certain groups.

That is to be used for a purpose rather than as a bit of commemorative bling on the wrist.

It was all hush hush.

^ Glad you and Duncan enjoyed it. I'm envious that I live so far away, missing all the London watch action - including from that delish chocolate cafe. [Hot chocolate prices seem surprisingly reasonable too.]

Was there a hands-on part of the Bremont tour where you could handle and try on different models? I'm still tempted by the MB Viper (orange LE), but think it's now long sold out ...

P.S. I wonder if they practice Bremont logo "latte art" in their cafe ?!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    ^ Glad you and Duncan enjoyed it. I'm envious that I live so far away, missing all the London watch action - including from that delish chocolate cafe. [Hot chocolate prices seem surprisingly reasonable too.]

Was there a hands-on part of the Bremont tour where you could handle and try on different models? I'm still tempted by the MB Viper (orange LE), but think it's now long sold out ...

P.S. I wonder if they practice Bremont logo "latte art" in their cafe ?!
    Yes and yes again,I asked and they not only let me handle the Viper they got out the prototype for me as well.

A very professional and friendly set up and happy to answer any questions.

I will eat humble pie and say that the Viper is something very special indeed.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Yes and yes

I will eat humble pie and say that the Viper is something very special indeed.
    RIAC