TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jabra Headphones / Earbuds

Jabra Headphones / Earbuds

All,

I’m thinking of getting some of these.

Elite 7 Pro
    Elite 7 Active
    Elite 4

Does anyone have any experience of this or recommendations?

Best,

Ben

Ps Will be used for commuting and general use, not
    gym type activities.

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    All,

Elite 7 Pro
    Elite 7 Active
    Elite 4

Best,

Ben

gym type activities.
    I have the Elite 7 Active, which I bought to wear inside a motorbike helmet due to their small form factor. There’re perfectly usable and a very decent quality, but for more general use they wouldn’t sway me from the usual suspects (Sony, Shure, Bose, etc).

I have older elites (65 active??). They are ok but after 2 years of use the right channel seems to have dropped in volume. I'm looking to replace them soon and probably won't be going with Jabra again due to this recent problem with the channel.

Hello

Thanks both,

I’m looking to spend between £100-£150.

I don’t think I can get Bose or Shure for that. Maybe some Sony’s.

Best,

Ben

Master
    Jabra 65t actives and standard here, both pairs have been excellent over 3+ years of use so I'd buy again without hesitation, especially from Jabra's eBay outlet as can get some good deals there and you know they're genuine.

Been very happy with mine over the years (older 75t I think?). Have been thoroughly abused, dropped, sweaty runs etc etc and don't see myself changing brands when it's time to replace them.

@beechcustom had the same issue with mine. Worth giving them a good clean out, apparently it's the smaller pin holes near the battery terminals not the actual speaker, there's a sensor of some description in there. Took a few goes and a bit of messing around but has now been resolved.

Last edited by Dean Learner; 22nd October 2023 at 21:38.

Master
    I've got the 65T's and have used them for about 4 years now, mainly in the gym but also on holidays, at work etc. Never had a problem and they get a lot of use and abuse. Very comfortable, have never fallen out when exercising (treadmill runs, WhatBike sessions etc) and sound is good. Also the "hear through" function is handy. Did have the Bose but sold them as I prefer the Jabra. If, and when, they do finally give up I'll buy buying the newer version without hesitation.

Hello

Thanks all.

Blog Entries
    Elite 75t owner here - well happy. Had issue with volume drop after using on a plane but after some research followed same advise as above and problem solved by cleaning out the small hole (not a speaker) and had no issues since. Very happy with them much more comfortable than my WM4 Sony. I wear them at the gym and beach and at night before sleep. Will probably go with the 8 active next (or latest 10 for small form factor).
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

At that money, I’d be looking at the Sony linkbuds s. Sound quality wise, and noise cancelling, I just don’t think the jabra are top tier.

Assuming you’re an android user, which phone? Samsung make some great buds, and on a Samsung phone there are definite advantages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello

Apple user.

Master
    I have the 65ts and couldn't be happier with them...but they are sports headphones and whilst the sound quality is decent, I'm not sure that's their strength.

Had mine a good few years, don't fall out when running and have stood up to my sweatiness, and the pass through sound is great.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Elite 75t owner here - well happy. Had issue with volume drop after using on a plane but after some research followed same advise as above and problem solved by cleaning out the small hole (not a speaker) and had no issues since. Very happy with them much more comfortable than my WM4 Sony. I wear them at the gym and beach and at night before sleep. Will probably go with the 8 active next (or latest 10 for small form factor).
    I find the WM4s to be very comfortable and far superior in terms of sound quality and NC.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    At that money, I’d be looking at the Sony linkbuds s. Sound quality wise, and noise cancelling, I just don’t think the jabra are top tier.

Good call on the Sonys.

Apple user.
    Have you considered the AirPods Pro gen 1?

Hello

No. Not considered AirPods.

I was thinking of Jabra’s / maybe Sony’s. I’ve mainly had RHA / Cambridge Audios previously.

My missus hated her Jabra Elite 65t I bought her. Poor range and would disconnect both ear pieces if just one was taken out of the ear.

She got fed up with them and I use them as spares.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I find the WM4s to be very comfortable and far superior in terms of sound quality and NC.

Hi Tony. I may have got the Sony name mangled. I mean my WF-1000XM4 in-ear buds are less comfortable (for me) as they stick out a bit and if lying down the “buttons” may get engaged unnecessarily. Also tend to fall out when doing manual work (like cutting the grass).

I think it depends on ear canal fit - which is a personal thing?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Blog Entries
    i have these, i previously have some Bose ones but sold those in preference for the Jabra ear pieces

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Hi Tony. I may have got the Sony name mangled. I mean my WF-1000XM4 in-ear buds are less comfortable (for me) as they stick out a bit and if lying down the “buttons” may get engaged unnecessarily. Also tend to fall out when doing manual work (like cutting the grass).

I think it depends on ear canal fit - which is a personal thing?
    Yes, I meant those as well, Martyn. You’re absolutely correct of course that they’ll be more comfortable for some than others; and yes, they do stick out a bit, which is why I bought the Jabras for inside a motorbike helmet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    My missus hated her Jabra Elite 65t I bought her. Poor range and would disconnect both ear pieces if just one was taken out of the ear.

She got fed up with them and I use them as spares.
    Mine have the best range of any of my earbuds by far, and don't disconnect if you take one out (I do it all the time), the source is paused as it is with all my earbuds, but the remaining earbud is not disconnected.

Perhaps yours are faulty?

Have the jabra 75T and really like them but there are some stories online where one ear goes dead but their warranty posts a new pair out.

The old tech in many non-AirPod headphones means if you take one ear it has to be the left. In many headphones the right hesdphone is paired to the phone and the left headphone is paired to the right. The left can’t communicate with the phone by itself.

Had this with Bose years ago and understand independence was one of the AirPods USPs at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Learner View Post
    Been very happy with mine over the years (older 75t I think?). Have been thoroughly abused, dropped, sweaty runs etc etc and don't see myself changing brands when it's time to replace them.

@beechcustom had the same issue with mine. Worth giving them a good clean out, apparently it's the smaller pin holes near the battery terminals not the actual speaker, there's a sensor of some description in there. Took a few goes and a bit of messing around but has now been resolved.

Many thanks Sir. Cleaned the hole and bingo, right channel at normal volume again :-)

Hello

Update.

I’ve picked up some Jabra Elite 7 Active, very impressed so far especially with the ANC. And after some experimentation with the ear bud tips. I’ve got a pretty good fit.

Thanks all for the advice and assistance.

Best,

Ben

All,

Elite 7 Pro
    Elite 7 Active
    Elite 4

Best,

Ben

gym type activities.
    I’ve got a pair of Elite 7 Pro. My wife got them 2 years ago as part of a review panel she is on.

I wasn’t keen initially as I was intending to buy some Airpod Pros but it’s hard to turn down free.

I do actually quite like them - they’re comfortable and the controls are easy to use. They sound good, although always limited by their use (i.e. noisy streets, trains and so on).

Problems are that occasionally one side (the left) will refuse to connect and i have to disconnect the pair from my iPhone, then reconnect. The charging case also seems to have an intermittent problem where it refuses to hold a charge (a bit annoying to find out the hard way when you’re on a long flight), although the fix of resetting the case is quick and easy.

If i was spending my own money, i probably would buy Airpod Pros, but that’s mostly because I’m well submerged in the Apple ecosystem and the connections with other Apple products would be more robust. If i was using Android, the Elite 7 Pro would be pretty high on my list, and they seem a relative bargain compared to some other brands.

Hello

Thanks for the post.

The connection seems pretty good at the moment. It connects to my IPhone without issue. And early days for the charging and charging case. But seems to charge very quickly. I do try to not charge after short useage and let it discharge a significant amount before charging.

My only issue was getting the ear bud fit right. I had to use different sized tips for each ear. But happy now.

My daughter did let me try her Air Pods (2nd Gen) I believe. But although the connection was good, no ANC and the fit made me concerned they'd fall out.

Best,

Ben