closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 5,000th Post!

Master

5,000th Post!

This is my 5,000th post.

I know it pales into significance compared to some members on here, but it is still a milestone (for me at least).

When I realised it was due to post number 5,000 I paused and thought about what I would want that post to be. I was about to reply to a couple of posts, but thought maybe some more reflection was due on reaching this milestone.

So as I thought about it, a few things came to mind:

1. I joined originally as I came across a Zeno GMT for sale - in those days you could join Sales Corner straight away. I have no idea how I came about it, but it caused me to join this place and for that I'm thankful. The watch is long gone, even though I tried a couple of times to track it down. Still the one that I wish I had kept.
    2. I remember coming back from holiday and being offered a Rolex GMT for around £1,500 and I said no!
    3. I've tried watches that from brands that were completely new to me - like a Sinn 857UTC when they were around £800 new and again, sold it.
    4. I joined a couple of pre-order lists for new releases from Eddie - there was a long wait for one, the Californian if I remember rightly. I now have a few of Eddie's pieces and they get worn regularly.
    5. Received great advice on all sorts of watch related topics - from what battery is needed to whether I've managed to damage something.
    6. Bought and sold all kinds - from watches (obviously) to cameras to jackets to phones.
    7. Received great advice on all kinds of non-watch topics - from tools to computers to repairing spectacles to cars and shoes.
    8. Been 'encouraged' to buy all sorts of things I never knew I needed - from knife sharpeners to boots. In fact, as I look around, I can see quite a few items that came via here in some way.
    9. Discovered books, films and music that would have passed me by otherwise.
    10. Met a few members in person and always enjoyed it. In fact I remember one waving at me on the motorway and I nearly crashed! Another I met in the reception at RSC.

So that's a very short and potted history of 5,000 posts.

This is pretty the only forum I regularly frequent these days, others I'll dip into as needed, but TZ-UK on most days.

Here's to the next 5,000...

Cheers everyone and thanks for making this place what it is.
    Last edited by bambam; 21st October 2023 at 19:20.

What a lovely sunny post to write after 17 years with us lot

Master
    You have obviously enjoyed your time here, like me.
    Here's to your next 5G.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing your story. Time to head for Grand Master territory! Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Excellent stuff - congrats :)

Nice to have you around mate.

You should have bought that GMT though, although that was the going rate then.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Congratulations!
    For a long standing member, you seem to be unaware of the fact that for your 5000th post, you have to put up a Rolex for a lucky draw:-)

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    This is my 5,000th post.

Long before you arrived we used to speed-post and try to crash the server. Ah the good old days.

Actually, these are the good old days. Nice having you around.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Congratulations,
    This is the only watch forum I read too. I originally came here as a refuge from Roy's forum (RLT). My first watch purchase online was made from there, 19 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Congratulations,
    This is the only watch forum I read too. I originally came here as a refuge from Roy's forum (RLT). My first watch purchase online was made from there, 19 years ago.
    I stopped posting on RLT when Roy banned "Links" on his forum.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Yes I remember that. It was/is quite a strange place compared to here. Does he still sell watches?

Master
    Thanks chaps.
    I think I may have dipped into RLT a long time ago.
    Was also on WUS - at least I think it was that - wherever they had an active Doxa section when they re-launched.
    Was originally on Timezone in the US which was ok and I did learn a lot on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Yes I remember that. It was/is quite a strange place compared to here. Does he still sell watches?
    From what little I know, I think the site is closed but the forum still plows on.
    THIN is the new BLACK