closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Northern lights glass igloo recommendations.

Northern lights glass igloo recommendations.

Later this year myself and Mrs Yumma will be hitting the big 50, we have a desire to have a 3-4 night break in the arctic circle to hopefully see the northern lights and stay in a glass igloo or similar observatory cabin. Any tour operators/accommodation/resort recommendations will be very much appreciated. TIA as always for the collective wisdom and helpfulness of the forum community.

We went to SAARISELKA in 2019, same gig, will try and dig out the operator- firm we used, stayed in a lovely glass ceilinged cabin, lasers- heating? kept the glass roof cleared to enjoy the view...did see the Lights on our final night. I´d suggest wherever you go ensure they´ve got other activities so if you don´t catch the lights you´ll still have a great time over the 3 or 4 days, e.g. we sledded, drove dog sleighs, reindeer sleigh ride and show and tell, Guided night time snow shoeing into the lovely deep dark woods to look for the lights and a woodland shelter experience, drove snow mobiles ...also go with a firm that provides you with the arctic snow suits all inclusive, proper chilly up there. We loved it and our youngster is keen to return!

The wife tells me we booked through Arctic Direct and we stayed at Northern Lights Village, we did a half board package Breakfast and Dinner inc, didn´t really need more as the tables were groaning and Dinner was quite early.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Passenger; 5th January 2024 at 09:48.

Craftsman
    Just got back from a week in Tromsø this morning. Absolutely amazing experience. Saw the lights most days (it’s pretty much dark all day at moment).

One of brightest sightings was at a place called Camp Tamok and they have an ice hotel, cabins etc.

Also self drive husky sledding is highly recommended!

If you need to know anything else let me know

Many thanks all. I have a travel agent working on some options but will compare with the aforementioned too. Thanks again.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Went to Yllas couple of years ago. Plenty to do there, skiing, cross country skiing, snow mobile trekking, ice hotel, husky rides....

Saw the aurora every night. Definitely want to go back . Crazy expensive though.

If you want to save a few bob - may I suggest Blackburn?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/northern-l...104500786.html