closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Bezel Insert Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    I’m the kinda guy who would prefer to buy another brand but also give Rolex a good slagging.
    Seems rather pathetic - but explains why these threads turn to a sh1tshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    They used to; there was a time when you could get all three inserts for a 16710.

Mine has a fresh coke insert and I still have the original faded insert. They even put it in a little Rolex tin to store it in.
    Indeed there was a time, but no longer afaik.

The good old days...

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Makes me wonder about those who wear subs. and sea dwellers for what they were made for in their professional life. Watches that are/were promoted as tough, rugged, dependable etc. So, when the sat. diver, for example, dinks his Rolex on the chamber door and next year puts in for service for whatever reason. Is it reasonable to tell him he needs a new case or bracelet before Rolex would service it? I think not.
    I think not either. So then I expect they'd send their watch to an independant Rolex-approved watchmaker (as I do).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    They survive because people are like sheep, having a ‘status symbol’ on your wrist gives people the feeling they are playing with the big guys. As long as people act this way it will always be thus with certain brands. They started out well with some great inventions and iconic models but ended up with a boring blingy much of the same collection for brand horny wannabe's. All imho.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Seems rather pathetic - but explains why these threads turn to a sh1tshow.
    Yeah, God forbid that anyone should criticise a watch company for its poor behaviour.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Sadly, in your gap years the forum has gained a few 'experts' including the one you have engaged. He has been unable/unwilling to prove he owns a watch of any kind and revels in hoovering any sense of enjoyment out of pretty much any thread he gets involved with.
    I told you that you are on my "do not engage with list" and that means I just don't want to deal with you under any circumstances and now, for the second time you have made an inference that I don't own a single watch and am therefore a liar. I take exception to this and therefore will make the same offer as I made to TTC a couple of months ago.

We have a bet that I own six Rolex including my wifes.

I will meet with you anywhere in the UK and show you the watches.

Alternatively I will take the watches to someone independent and trusted by the forum.

If I produce all six Rolex, you will undertake to pay £1000.00 into the TZ-UK charity fund with immediate effect.

If I fail to produce the Six Rolex, then I will pay £5000.00 into the fund with immediate effect. Therefore I am staking much more that I am asking you to do.

Thus if your assertion of me being a liar is correct the fund will benefit by £5000.00.

This will take place in December of this year when I am back in the UK.

The ball is now in your court, if I am lying you will see the fund benefit by £5000.00, if I prove I own the watches on the say so of a trusted person, the fund still benefits by £1000.00. I await your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I await your answer.
    Not one for here.

I took exception to you wishing I was dead and your comments about another member which I will not repeat here.

Take you bluff and bluster elsewhere.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Not one for here.

I took exception to you wishing I was dead and your comments about another member which I will not repeat here.

Take you bluff and bluster elsewhere.
    This isn't a bluff and you bloody know it. This is your chance to guarantee the charity fund £5000.00, so why don't you take it, the answer of course is that you are a gutless little creep who likes chucking out false accusations but runs scared when asked to back it up.

Everyone is reading this and must be wondering why you won't proceed.

I will still go ahead with the bet.

Master
    Clown
    No it's not me being a slow, I am merely proving that you are scared to prove your unfounded accusation.
    That makes you gutless and dishonest.

I am still willing to proceed.

I see you deleted your "clown" response.

I told you that you are on my "do not engage with list" and that means I just don't want to deal with you under any circumstances and now, for the second time you have made an inference that I don't own a single watch and am therefore a liar. I take exception to this and therefore will make the same offer as I made to TTC a couple of months ago.
    Why don't you just do what you say you're going to do?

R

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Why don't you just do what you say you're going to do?

R
    I said why a few years ago but that's not reason for someone to make a false accusation. He is running scared and we all know it. He made this personal.

I said why a few years ago but that's not reason for someone to make a false accusation. He is running scared and we all know it. He made this personal.
    Does wishing somebody dead make it personal?

Asking for a friend......

Master
    Does wishing somebody dead make it personal?

Asking for a friend......
    I will be totally honest and say that Icannot recall ever wishing you dead, the other guy definitely but not you.

However this does not alter the fact that you have made a baseless accusation are are running scared of proceeding with a bet which if you are talking the truth does not put you at risk and would make the charity fund £5000.00.

I will totally honest and cannot recall ever wishing you dead, the other definitely but not you.
    You did.

You explained 'why you don't do what you said you were going to do' a few years ago?

The comment you've taken umbrage at was 'He has been unable/unwilling to prove he owns a watch of any kind' so that's the challenge here: have you proven that is incorrect by showing your own watch/watches in the past?

R

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You explained 'why you don't do what you said you were going to do' a few years ago?

The comment you've taken umbrage at was 'He has been unable/unwilling to prove he owns a watch of any kind' so that's the challenge here: have you proven that is incorrect by showing your own watch/watches in the past?

R
    I have never shown anything that I own on social media.

His statement implies that he is accusing me of lying but when he has the opportunity to prove his accusation, he runs scared even though it's not going to cost him a penny, unless of course I am telling the truth.

Master
    You did.
    OK show me, if I did, I will apologise.

I admit to disliking you but not enough to wish you a premature death.

However I would still like you to precede with the bet.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Seems like some judicious use of the “ignore list” could be in order here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Seems like some judicious use of the “ignore list” could be in order here.
    I have ignored him for a few months until he lobbed this accusation.

I can't understand why he doesn't proceed unless he is worried that I am speaking the truth.

I have ignored him for a few months until he lobbed this accusation.

I can't understand why he doesn't proceed unless he is worried that I am speaking the truth.
    You being unable/unwilling to show your collection is a statement of fact, not an accusation.

I have never shown anything that I own on social media.

His statement implies that he is accusing me of lying but when he has the opportunity to prove his accusation, he runs scared even though it's not going to cost him a penny, unless of course I am telling the truth.
    How can someone prove that someone doesn’t have a watch or watches?
    Don’t show your watches here if you don’t want but send a ‘disappearing’ pic to him on WhatsApp. That way you don’t have to worry about anything.

Master
    You being unable/unwilling to show your collection is a statement of fact, not an accusation.
    You implied that I falsely claimed to owning them.

Anyway why are you refusing to proceed with the bet, if I am the liar that you imply, the fund will gain £5000.00 at no risk to yourself.

You implied that I falsely claimed to owning them.

Anyway why are you refusing to proceed with the bet, if I am the liar that you imply, the fund will gain £5000.00 at no risk to yourself.
    Go and play games elsewhere.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    How can someone prove that someone doesn’t have a watch or watches?
    Don’t show your watches here if you don’t want but send a ‘disappearing’ pic to him on WhatsApp. That way you don’t have to worry about anything.
    I am prepared to show the watches to anyone deemed honest by the forum or even by Chris himself.

The truth is that he knows I have them.

Master
    Go and play games elsewhere.
    No - You started this and are wriggling and please show me the posting where I wished you dead.

You questioned my honesty and I have given you the chance to back down with a degree of honour but you are showing yourself to being gutless.

Either retract the statement about the watches or proceed with the bet.

Either retract the statement about the watches or proceed with the bet.
    Mick you can’t make him do either, Harping on is not going to change that. What’s the end game if he refuses? Demand satisfaction by meeting on the common at dawn, take 30 paces, turn and draw?

Every thread you join you seem to do your best to ruin, surely there must be more things going on in your life that p1ssing people off on a watch forum is not the highlight of your day?

Take a day off! Or at least think before posting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Mick you can’t make him do either, Harping on is not going to change that. What’s the end game if he refuses? Demand satisfaction by meeting on the common at dawn, take 30 paces, turn and draw?

Every thread you join you seem to do your best to ruin, surely there must be more things going on in your life that p1ssing people off on a watch forum is not the highlight of your day?

Take a day off! Or at least think before posting.
    I think it is in order to say that he implied dishonesty on my part, so he started it.

As regards about meeting at dawn etc, the truth is that I told him a couple of months ago that I would not engage with him and since then he has been making the odd snide comment about me in the knowledge that I will not respond. This accusation of being a liar was the straw that broke the camels back.

But please just answer me this, if he genuinely thinks I am a blatant liar, why does he not proceed with the bet because he is going to make £5000.00 for the charity fund at no risk to himself.

We have a bet that I own six Rolex including my wifes.

I will meet with you anywhere in the UK and show you the watches.

Alternatively I will take the watches to someone independent and trusted by the forum.

If I produce all six Rolex, you will undertake to pay £1000.00 into the TZ-UK charity fund with immediate effect.

If I fail to produce the Six Rolex, then I will pay £5000.00 into the fund with immediate effect. Therefore I am staking much more that I am asking you to do.

Thus if your assertion of me being a liar is correct the fund will benefit by £5000.00.

This will take place in December of this year when I am back in the UK.

The ball is now in your court, if I am lying you will see the fund benefit by £5000.00, if I prove I own the watches on the say so of a trusted person, the fund still benefits by £1000.00. I await your answer.

Seems like a win-win to me. No reason for both parties not to step up surely.

As some one once said ‘we like to deal in facts here at TZ’

His comment was as follows “He has been unable/unwilling to prove he owns a watch of any kind”

He never claimed you do not have any watches just that you have never shown any, which you confirmed.

So all of this bluster is pointless BS.

Blog Entries
    Can we continue in the BP?

For Eddie’s sake.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Isn’t there enough crap going on in the world without all this bickering over nothing…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Seems like a win-win to me. No reason for both parties not to step up surely.
    I am raring to go.

I recall that you were unable to protect yourself from a girl while in possession of one Rolex. Surely having six on your person would be a risk too far?

Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    I recall that you were unable to protect yourself from a girl while in possession of one Rolex. Surely having six on your person would be a risk too far?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    My wife successfully whacked one of the girls with her walking stick with an almighty thump. I admit to being surprised in a pleasant sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Can we continue in the BP?

For Eddie’s sake.
    You've lost me. It's pointless wherever it sits on the forum. Anyway, BP doesn't allow personal attacks (which this clearly is, yet again - the normal culprits).

I wrote to Rolex customer service and received the following response which is line with what I was told at RSC St James's Square.

"We kindly advise that our components are on an exchange basis and we are required to fit the correct component for each model configuration. For your Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II, model number 16710 the correct bezel insert is the black and red and we would be required to replace this like-for-like."

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wife successfully whacked one of the girls with her walking stick with an almighty thump. I admit to being surprised in a pleasant sort of way.

I have never wanted to see someone's watches as much as now, you have us all intrigued.

PLEASE post a photo.

By the way was it a weighty walking stick,I mostly use a carbon fibre trekking pole perhaps not the best for fending of young lady's.

Feel free to post a photo of the stick as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I have never wanted to see someone's watches as much as now, you have us all intrigued.

PLEASE post a photo.

By the way was it a weighty walking stick,I mostly use a carbon fibre trekking pole perhaps not the best for fending of young lady's.

Feel free to post a photo of the stick as well.
    I am still waiting for you know who to take up the bet whereby the charity fund will gain some money but he knows he will lose, so he's staying away.

The stick was a standard aluminium one but the "heaviness" of the whack did surprised me. The girl did looked shocked but realised she was beat (pun intended) and calmly walked away.

I am currently in Spain and the watches are in the UK, but I will issue some pics just to prove they do exist but all I have to do is to make sure the pic is not traceable to me because my insurance company does not want pics of them on social media. This is why I would like to take the watches to a trusted member of the forum who can certify they are mine and then send out the pics. This will have to wait until December when I am back in the UK.

I just hope you will not be disappointed as a Rolex is just a Rolex at the end of the day.

I am still waiting for you know who to take up the bet whereby the charity fund will gain some money but he knows he will lose, so he's staying away.

The stick was a standard aluminium one but the "heaviness" of the whack did surprised me. The girl did looked shocked but realised she was beat (pun intended) and calmly walked away.

I am currently in Spain and the watches are in the UK, but I will issue some pics just to prove they do exist but all I have to do is to make sure the pic is not traceable to me because my insurance company does not want pics of them on social media. This is why I would like to take the watches to a trusted member of the forum who can certify they are mine and then send out the pics. This will have to wait until December when I am back in the UK.

I just hope you will not be disappointed as a Rolex is just a Rolex at the end of the day.
    Just email them to me, Mick, and I’ll post them for you. We’d just need to agree how you’d demonstrate they were in your possession, so perhaps not whilst you’re separated from them.

It's just a way of ensuring that when you see a Rolex in the wild, it will be perfect.
    And presumably unworn, because surely that's the only possible way it could remain 'perfect', whatever the definition of 'perfect' is?

Or is that the Rolex dream? Buy a Rolex and stick in the safe until it needs to be sold for a profit rather than actually wear it.

You don't half talk some tosh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Just email them to me, Mick, and I’ll post them for you. We’d just need to agree how you’d demonstrate they were in your possession, so perhaps not whilst you’re separated from them.
    What I find disappointing is that I was twice called a liar and the fuss that not posting a pic has caused.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    About £15 on ebay!
    Are they genuine?

I don't actually care and my original comment was tongue in cheek, but admit I'm surprised the bezel tins haven't suffered the same fate as everything else displaying the famous coronet.

I might buy a few for the pension fund

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    And presumably unworn, because surely that's the only possible way it could remain 'perfect', whatever the definition of 'perfect' is?

Or is that the Rolex dream? Buy a Rolex and stick in the safe until it needs to be sold for a profit rather than actually wear it.

You don't half talk some tosh.
    It will be more "perfect" than a watch that has been badly maintained.

Surely we all want a Rolex that has genuine parts fitted by an accredited agent.

What I find disappointing is that I was twice called a liar and the fuss that not posting a pic has caused.
    For the sake of clarity, I said you were unwilling or unable.

You made all the associated fuss.

We like facts on TZ_UK

I am raring to go.
    New Viagra prescription arrived? Steady now.

Master
    For the sake of clarity, I said you were unwilling or unable.

You made all the associated fuss.

We like facts on TZ_UK
    You have made similar snide comments a couple of times, just another little dig at an opportune moment.

We both know you won't take the bet so as from now we can revert to the policy of just pretending the other does not exist. I have no interest in you or what you think and have no wish to comment on what you say. It would be nice if you would return the compliment.

You have made similar snide comments a couple of times, just another little dig at an opportune moment.

We both know you won't take the bet so as from now we can revert to the policy of just pretending the other does not exist. I have no interest in you or what you think and have no wish to comment on what you say. It would be nice if you would return the compliment.
    I have told you that I am not willing to take part in your games. There is nothing snide about quoting what I originally posted and you are mistaken if you believe I look for opportune moments.

I will not comment any further, enjoy your time in Spain.

Master
    Blog Entries

My insurance company has not stipulated that I can not show my watches or anything else I own on the internet.

I havent heard of this before.

I was in the military museum in Brecon a few weeks ago,they have Victoria Crosses worth millions in a bank vault yet they where able to tell me about them and post pictures.

If its just a generic Rolex how would they know anyway?

Well worth a visit by the way,lots of stuff from Rourkes drift and you get the true story.

https://royalwelshmuseum.wales/