timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Omega Releases

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    But the Rolex Ti Deep Sea Challenge (@50mm) is £21,900
    A bit of a different watch though, compared to which you can hardly get these clay Seamasters wet. I think the more comparable watch to the Deep Sea Challenge in Omega's lineup would be the Seamaster Utra Deep, which costs about half as much as the Rolex. And which again makes for a rather unfavourable price comparison with these new models.

O/T but I did think the Deep Sea Challenge was a strange model to put into production at 50mm diameter and 23mm thick, as how many people can actually wear it? Okay strapped to the outside of a diving suit maybe (though who would wear a watch this expensive for actual deep dives I wonder?) but otherwise you'd want a wrist like Geoff Capes. Then I realised that it's just being made for watch collectors to keep in a safe.
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 28th October 2023 at 05:47.

It certainly makes the ceramic Speedmasters bargains. 🤷*♂️

As for the value proposition of luxury watches? We all tell ourselves stories to justify the price, and the level of that price shifts upward as and when one can afford it 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

The prices would certainly leave my wallet ultra light! Crazy pricing.

Blog Entries
    As long as there are enough millionaire footballers, celebs and other people with more money than sense this will continue. I'm glad the micro brand market has exploded these last years, enough fun choice if you are not 'brand horny'.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    As long as there are enough millionaire footballers, celebs and other people with more money than sense this will continue. I'm glad the micro brand market has exploded these last years, enough fun choice if you are not 'brand horny'.
    I am not sure where they go to, but i think that Omega will be done if all their models go to € 20.000.

But the plan is working …….

I’m now looking at a used SM300 (bi-colour) for £5k and thinking it looks cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    I am not sure where they go to, but i think that Omega will be done if all their models go to € 20.000.
    Yeah, I think that if Omega's prices start to replicate Rolex prices most of the well-heeled punters will just think they may as well get the Rolex as "everyone knows" they are the best. Omega lose custom from those who don't have the money required and gain little from those who do.
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 30th October 2023 at 14:52.

Red face

Makes the Speedmaster 321 re-issue look like a bargain at £14k list price. :)

Ridiculous price / size a big no thanks from me I will stick to 2000s and vintage Omegas for now

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Prices getting ridiculous