closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek 5212A strap options

Craftsman

Patek 5212A strap options

Anybody with one of these watches changed the strap for an aftermarket high quality alternative? I’m particularly interested in hunting down the attached blue (Nubuck?) or similar. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That’s a Patek 5172G strap

Craftsman
    That’s a shame. I was hoping to get one that doesn’t require me to remortgage the house to pay for. Thanks for the id anyway

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Loads of the strap makers can make you one if you give them the specs. I’ve had straps made for my 5524g and 6119g by Jean-Rousseau, but there are plenty of choices out there. Handdn straps are good quality, made quickly and don’t cost the earth. There is also the strap tailor that has something suitable or can make you one and they are uk based and reasonably priced.

I have that strap, it's nice but not particularly hard wearing.

I would just get one copied by Camille Fournet or buy something off the shelf from delugs which I did in buying the grey suede strap which works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    I have that strap, it's nice but not particularly hard wearing.

I would just get one copied by Camille Fournet or buy something off the shelf from delugs which I did in buying the grey suede strap which works really well.

Good grief that’s superb

Craftsman
    The 5212 is one of my favourites, seems to suit most straps I think.

Last edited by johnnyhayward; 19th October 2023 at 15:02.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    That’s a shame. I was hoping to get one that doesn’t require me to remortgage the house to pay for. Thanks for the id anyway

They're not THAT expensive. The Patek salon does them for around 300 I think.

Master

Concerned about paying £300 for a strap on a £30,000 watch that you own?

Regardless, a lovely watch that looks great on all the straps shown.

Try ABP in Paris, they can make anything to suit your requirements

https://www.abpconcept.paris/

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skool View Post
    Concerned about paying £300 for a strap on a £30,000 watch that you own?

Regardless, a lovely watch that looks great on all the straps shown.
    Not actually concerned, but that is always a factor for me, VFM and all that. As it is, I asked the supplying PP AD to look into supplying a strap several weeks ago without knowing the price (which I know do from above). He was 'looking into it" and maybe still is. So, following on, the idea of waiting several weeks for an accessory enquiry and then to pay a potential premium price for the privilege didn't sit well. This more so when there are clearly many more sensibly priced aftermarket high quality (dare I say same/better?) alternatives available either off the shelf or on a short lead time.

Many thanks to those who have offered advice/options, especially Johnny Hayward

£520 for a rubber AP ROO strap and £240 per side for an Oysterflex. Somehow Patek seems reasonable.

Journeyman
    Not actually concerned, but that is always a factor for me, VFM and all that. As it is, I asked the supplying PP AD to look into supplying a strap several weeks ago without knowing the price (which I know do from above). He was 'looking into it" and maybe still is. So, following on, the idea of waiting several weeks for an accessory enquiry and then to pay a potential premium price for the privilege didn't sit well. This more so when there are clearly many more sensibly priced aftermarket high quality (dare I say same/better?) alternatives available either off the shelf or on a short lead time.

Many thanks to those who have offered advice/options, especially Johnny Hayward
    I think it's worth it. There's something about the OEM look and feel that is very nice. I have 3 straps for my 6119.

You're right though, you do have to watch. But the salon can make you a strap from their sample pallettes.