closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swatch UK Service Centre service times

Craftsman

Swatch UK Service Centre service times

Afternoon all,
    I dropped off my X-33 for warranty work today and was told that I should expect to hear nothing before at least the Spring. Has anyone else got experience recently of getting a watch serviced at Swatch UK? It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious.
    Cheers,
    Greg

It just isn't acceptable. Imagine taking your car in for service and that was the response. They should be recruiting and training enough people across the industry to cope with demand in reasonable timescales.

Master
    I've had two serviced over the past 12 to 18 months. About a 6 month and 4 month turn around time.

Master

Omega can do one. Glad I don’t own any Omegas these days. That is a joke. Why not go to an independent watch maker like Duncan etc?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Omega can do one. Glad I don’t own any Omegas these days. That is a joke. Why not go to an independent watch maker like Duncan etc?
    Well the watch is under warranty from a previous service so it makes sense to go back to Omega. But yes, it's ridiculous.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It just isn't acceptable. Imagine taking your car in for service and that was the response. They should be recruiting and training enough people across the industry to cope with demand in reasonable timescales.
    I wouldn't mind, but this is a quartz watch that just has something up with the crown. I suspect it would take someone competent about 30 minutes to fix. So it'll basically sit on a shelf for months waiting.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I've had two serviced over the past 12 to 18 months. About a 6 month and 4 month turn around time.
    That matches up alright. They were very apologetic, but this was an AD rather than an Omega Boutique so they can't do much about it.

STS took a month to change the battery on my Speedsonic.

Given it eats through them every 12 months, I thought having it away for one month out of every twelve was a bit excessive.

Crazy. My X-33 was serviced (in Japan) by Omega and took a month.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbuc View Post
    Well the watch is under warranty from a previous service so it makes sense to go back to Omega. But yes, it's ridiculous.
    I wouldn't mind, but this is a quartz watch that just has something up with the crown. I suspect it would take someone competent about 30 minutes to fix. So it'll basically sit on a shelf for months waiting.
    After the full service (which was in April 2022) I decided the alarm wasn't as loud as I remembered it. It didn't really bother me, but I took it back to Omega Tokyo in December 2022. It took 9 days from drop-off to collection. The alarm is back to its shouty self.

Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 19th October 2023 at 06:23. Reason: pic

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Crazy. My X-33 was serviced (in Japan) by Omega and took a month.

After the full service (which was in April 2022) I decided the alarm wasn't as loud as I remembered it. It didn't really bother me, but I took it back to Omega Tokyo in December 2022. It took 9 days from drop-off to collection. The alarm is back to its shouty self.
    I really wouldn't mind accompanying my X-33 to Tokyo for a service. I'd be fine with that!

I really wouldn't mind accompanying my X-33 to Tokyo for a service. I'd be fine with that!
    The Nicholas G. Hayek Center is where I took mine. Any Omega Boutique would do (there are lots in the city) but this building, designed by Pritzker-prize winner Shigeru Ban, is worth a visit if you are in the Ginza area. The clumsiest part of it is the name. The rest is all very smooth...

... the cylinder with Omega on it is the lift. It rises, pushed from a column beneath, directly to the Omega floor. Other Swatch brands have their own lifts. The higher the floor, the higher the haute horlogerie...

I wonder if turnaround would be quicker if you were paying?

I’ve always had really good service from Omega in the past. About 6 weeks for a warranty fix on a Railmaster and 4 weeks for a Seamaster. This is going back about 6 years.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    The Nicholas G. Hayek Center is where I took mine. Any Omega Boutique would do (there are lots in the city) but this building, designed by Pritzker-prize winner Shigeru Ban, is worth a visit if you are in the Ginza area. The clumsiest part of it is the name. The rest is all very smooth...

... the cylinder with Omega on it is the lift. It rises, pushed from a column beneath, directly to the Omega floor. Other Swatch brands have their own lifts. The higher the floor, the higher the haute horlogerie...
    Very cool. Japan is very high on my "want to visit" list. My young fella is 4 so a bit young I think to appreciate it so we'll go when he's a little older.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I wonder if turnaround would be quicker if you were paying?

I’ve always had really good service from Omega in the past. About 6 weeks for a warranty fix on a Railmaster and 4 weeks for a Seamaster. This is going back about 6 years.
    It took several months to service it in the first place in 2022 and I was definitely a paying customer. That was at the German service centre as I lived there at the time. I don't know why it should be any different - service is all about setting a perception of the company and these sort of delays don't help in that regard, paying or not.

This is for my Hamilton jazzmaster, been waiting for part's since 10/08 with an estimate of completion today, obviously that's not happening

Sent from a technical device.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    This is for my Hamilton jazzmaster, been waiting for part's since 10/08 with an estimate of completion today, obviously that's not happening

Could walk with the parts from Switzerland in that time.

Hi,

Just thought I'd use this thread to get peoples opinion re getting a Tissot serviced.

I contacted Swiss Time Services and they quoted me £250 to service my Tissot Visodate.
    Meanwhile, when I look on the Tissot website, they are quoting £160 for a full service at the Swatch Service Centre.

Obviously quite a difference in price. But based on peoples experience with the Swatch Service Centre, is it worth paying extra with someone like Swiss Time Services?

Did you get your Jazzmaster back yet Sickie? Are you happy with it?

Yes I got it back it’s in excellent condition now and running spot on.

Although they can take time it’s worth sending it to Swatch group.

Sent from a technical device

Yes I got it back it’s in excellent condition now and running spot on.

Although they can take time it’s worth sending it to Swatch group.

Thanks for the quick reply Sickie.

I'm not too bothered about waiting.
    As long as it is serviced right.
    You are obviously happy, so I will go that route.

Thanks again.

Craftsman
    Afternoon all,
    I dropped off my X-33 for warranty work today and was told that I should expect to hear nothing before at least the Spring. Has anyone else got experience recently of getting a watch serviced at Swatch UK? It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    My X-33 went in last year and was 22 weeks with them.

I have a vintage seamaster 300 that has been forwarded to Switzerland in July and was advised up the 40 weeks on that, but had a small issue with a no time to die under warranty and that only took 2 weeks

Tbh I don’t mind waiting

Craftsman
    I had meant to update this thread before Christmas. My x-33 is back and was ready to be collected the week before Christmas. Considering they said at least Spring that’s a result in my book.

Note, I haven’t yet collected it yet so I’m just presuming it’s sorted.

Well I've just sent another Hamilton back under warranty, serviced 1 month ago but now running -328 spd according to the timegrapher
    It's not magnetised & spot on amplitude, 0 beat error.

Arrived with them today so let's see if warranty is anything faster

Sent my Tissot Visodate to the Swatch Service Centre about a week ago.

It has been checked over and they are estimating completion on the 13th March.
    So that is about 9 weeks in total.

I thought they might insist on replacing the leather bracelet.
    But they just made comments on the report about it being bent and worn etc.

They won't be servicing the original movement. They are just going to swap it out for a replacement.

I sent the watch in for service, because it is 9 year old and the timekeeping was starting to drop off a bit.
    If they had kept the old movement, I thought it would have been better to get it done sooner, before the movement got any significant damage.

But in future, as long as they are still making that movement, I am just going to wear the watch till it dies.
    Doesn't seem any point taking care of the movement, if they are just going to swap it out.

Blog Entries
    I had meant to update this thread before Christmas. My x-33 is back and was ready to be collected the week before Christmas. Considering they said at least Spring that’s a result in my book.

Note, I haven’t yet collected it yet so I’m just presuming it’s sorted.

That's not too shabby - about 8 weeks then for a standard service? I hope it's all good and probably had a replacement movement and pushers and crown? Do keep us informed? Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I sent my Seamaster to OSC this time last year and it was returned at the end of May.

Very pleased with outcome but really disappointed with the length of time it took. Previous service in 2018 was much quicker turnaround.

With the constantly increasing prices they really need to train and employ more technicians to give us a much better customer experience.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    That's not too shabby - about 8 weeks then for a standard service? I hope it's all good and probably had a replacement movement and pushers and crown? Do keep us informed? Martyn
    Yep, this time it appears to be perfect. I don't know if they replaced the movement this time as it already had it replaced the last time it was with them in 2022, but possibly. Anyway, it's working fine and another two year warranty so all good.

I was very happy with 8 weeks after being told I probably wouldn't see it until the summer! It's such a great watch too; probably my most worn so I missed it when it was gone.

Well my Visodate came back today, more than a month ahead of schedule.

I’m really pleased. It’s like a brand new watch.

I forgot, my Hamilton X-Wind came back after 4 week's. It had just had a full service but ended up running over 300spd.
    New movement at the original service, replaced again under warranty. It's running absolutely perfectly at about +1 spd now.