closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SAGA Home Insurance price hikes

Master

SAGA Home Insurance price hikes

Home Buildings and contents Insurance.

Just received annual renewal (no changes to risk factors apparent to me; even postcode crime rates similar)

Last year £327

Renewal £1524 no changes to excesses, cover etc

To fix for three years £1800+

Even as a website new customer they want £1235

I called to ask for justification for the increase - the poor girl in cutomer services - no processes in place to speak to anyone senior

"it's all computer driven" she said.

"Choose us you can trust us" I quote from their documentation.

Obviously they do not want this business --- so as a heads up if you are with SAGA on autorenew I would check pronto before renewal.
    Last edited by Brian; 19th October 2023 at 09:45.

Looks like increases across the board. My car and home is up for renewal with M&S, car has nearly doubled and home up by 30%, But your increase is taking the ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

One should always check the market prior to renewal - risk factors change, pricing strategies change, there is no guarantee on yearly renewable premiums.

Master
    There'll be a lot of folk with no insurance by next year.

Watch the level of uninsured drivers soar too, further bumping up premiums in 2025.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

all the insurance companies have jumped on the bandwagon with ripping the public off
    l
    last years car insurance =£350 fully comp (RAC)
    renewal for this year = £900 (told them they were taking the proverbal , as such they would also be losing an RAC breakdown cover customer as well as car insurance)

make sure you shop around, ive managed to get my car insurance down to just above last yrs

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    all the insurance companies have jumped on the bandwagon with ripping the public off
    l
    last years car insurance =£350 fully comp (RAC)
    renewal for this year = £900 (told them they were taking the proverbal , as such they would also be losing an RAC breakdown cover customer as well as car insurance)

make sure you shop around, ive managed to get my car insurance down to just above last yrs

What do you mean by ‘insurance company’? A broker or an underwriter?

I wonder how many underwriters there are now compared to 3 years ago?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What do you mean by ‘insurance company’? A broker or an underwriter?

I wonder how many underwriters there are now compared to 3 years ago?
    Insurance Company to me means an underwriter- as to how many there are in the UK, around 200 of each, motor and home, although the market is dominated by a few, the likes of LV, Aviva, Direct Line etc.

NFU has increased by 25% even with no claims discount, they say building cost have increased

I detest SAGA.

They play on the over 50s market but simply take advantage of them.

After my dad died, I found they'd been charging huge renewal costs to my mum for several years. He'd always looked after their finances, so she kept on with SAGA because they "gave good rates for old people." Nothing could be further from the truth. I dread to think how many old folk, who are non tech-savy these vultures must be ripping off. They are egregious. Their endless marketing crap is also a huge waste of paper. GRR!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I detest SAGA.

They play on the over 50s market but simply take advantage of them.

After my dad died, I found they'd been charging huge renewal costs to my mum for several years. He'd always looked after their finances, so she kept on with SAGA because they "gave good rates for old people." Nothing could be further from the truth. I dread to think how many old folk, who are non tech-savy these vultures must be ripping off. They are egregious. Their endless marketing crap is also a huge waste of paper. GRR!
    I might not always agree with you in the ( pit) but totally agree on this Saga exist to rip of the elderly and to anyone never auto renew just put a note on the calendar before renewal and do some research.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    I used Saga when I was 50/51 as my car insurance halved with them. However I voted with my feet within a few years as the premium floated back up to my old premium.

The final nail for me was listening to their CEO explaining why they had bought the RAC. His response and I quote was to “sweat the assets “ eg bombard all RAC member with every Saga product available, not me buddy !

Master
    Motor and Household insurance behaviour is beyond me but I’m aware that their reinsurance costs have risen as they’ve risen across the board. And then there is this

https://www.insurancetimes.co.uk/new...445853.article

Mainly due to brexit and inflation. The pool of available insurers and reinsurers has shrunk due to brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I might not always agree with you in the ( pit) but totally agree on this Saga exist to rip of the elderly and to anyone never auto renew just put a note on the calendar before renewal and do some research.
    I'm happy to agree with anyone when we can. Thanks.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman
    I had the same issue with Saga and my house renewal, a quick search on a comparison website gave a quote from Axa for a quarter of the price.

My car insurance also increased but following a check (comparison website again), it wasn’t much higher than those on offer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was shocked when Direct line quoted me less this year.

NEVER auto renew you will pay more.

Master
    .............and the Saga (we tried it on but you were a bit too quick and noticed)reply.

Reply from Saga plc
    15 hours ago
    Good evening,

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your premium this year and that the premium has increased by so much.

I do understand your decision to go elsewhere but if you do need further help, please come and chat with us by going to www.saga/chat

Kind regards- Layla.

.....................got a new one set up at Tesco for £270
    Last edited by Brian; 21st October 2023 at 08:41.