closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Torch recommendation

Master

Torch recommendation

I’m after a half decent torch. I currently have a Ledlenser which has been a decent torch but I’ve dropped it one too many times and now it only works when it feels like it.
    So the requirements are
    Rubber coated (because i will no doubt drop it again)
    Not silly money (happy to go to about £80)
    But most importantly it needs to be able to go from zoom to flood and quite a tight zoom as it will be used to look for door numbers at night from my car, and I don’t want to light up the whole house.
    I know there are a lot of torch enthusiasts on here so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hennie Haynes have a good selection.

Mine are all Fenix.

Not rubber coated but I have had them for years and they have been dropped countless times and still keep working. Loads of models available.
    I run them all with Eneloop AA batteries and a quality charger which is a bit of an up-front investment but has saved many £££'s over the years as the torches are used every day around the farm.

When the torches do eventually die, I will buy the same brand again.

Blog Entries
    I don't need another torch. I don't need another torch. I don't need another torch....la la la.......I cant hear you.........la la la......
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Out of the price range, but an Olight Marauder Mini would be my choice. Maybe £120 in a sale.

I personally dislike zoom torches, whereas this one has a switch that takes you from the flood led's to a spotlight.

Master
    The best I've come across for flood to spot are led lensers, the P work series sound like they might be what your looking for, shop around as you can normally find discounts.
    Not a fan of the beam pattern on the Olight Marauders, and it doesn't have the level of beam adjustment the led lenser do.

In terms of better quality manufacturers there's not many who offer the beam to flood.

Sent from my SM-F707B using Tapatalk

Big fan of Fenix here too but I picked up a cheap one (£8) from Lidl/Aldi for the car and it’s really surprisingly good for the money, produces a really small, tight square of light when zoomed down to a spot.

My previous recommendation is still around:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The 18650 battery doesn't have to be a hassle. Anker LC90 @ £25.99:

... image...

...recharge it like your phone, GPS etc...even in the car as far as the OP is concerned.
    ...and has reduced in price by 50p!

Video review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwKLSNdit0o
    Last edited by PickleB; 19th October 2023 at 10:11.

Master
    Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping that someone may own a torch with the exact specifics that I was looking for but no joy I guess.
    I don’t want to spend good money only to find the skylight/zoom isn’t tight enough for my use so I think I will try Pickles suggestion above.
    Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping that someone may own a torch with the exact specifics that I was looking for but no joy I guess.
    I don’t want to spend good money only to find the skylight/zoom isn’t tight enough for my use so I think I will try Pickles suggestion above.
    Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have a lot of torches, Led Lenser is the only one I have found that zooms in a way that works and is useful.

When my last one broke I just bought another (be aware of fakes).

I drop things so it has a wrist lanyard,I cut up a bike inner tube which I put over the body.

It hangs on a hook by my back door I use it a lot without giving it a secound thought,the flood is perfect in my shed at night.

Its the T7 model, I bought what was a good price at the time I certainly wasn't concerned with the tactical nonsense.

It must be at least 8 years old.

I would just buy another if I was you.

Newer model P7 here and good price.

https://www.copshopuk.com/led-lenser-p7-core-torch
    Last edited by bwest76; 20th October 2023 at 12:04.

Craftsman
    Lumitact Torches LED Super Bright, Rechargeable LED Torch 15000 Lumens XHP70.2, Tactical Flashlight with Holster, IP67 Waterproof, 5 Light Modes, for Camping Hiking Emergency https://amzn.eu/d/8wY1gXk

This is a great tool and super bright

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Ledlenser P5R Work might fit the bill having rubber armoured top and tail, and decent focus. Nice compact size as well.