closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keegan Is Right

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I agree the "sad bloke" thing was a bit far from him but you have to admit the women's game isn't a great standard is it?

You have admitted the woman’s game is $hite so why on earth would you watch it. I would honestly sooner watch paint dry. The point is there are to many Woke blokes with no balls to voice there opinion that it’s crap.
    Last edited by hilly10; 18th October 2023 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    You have admitted the woman’s game is $hite so why on earth would you watch it. I would honestly sooner watch paint dry. The point is there are to many Woke blokes with no balls to voice there opinion that it’s crap.
    So you should only watch, what, the Prem?

What about the Championship, or League 1/2?

What about Spartan South Midlands League?

Would be good to know what's acceptable to watch and at what point its crap and unwatchable.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Why should the goals be made smaller?
    When my son was 10 his team played on full size pitches with full size goals... and they were a lot smaller than fully grown women.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    It's under 13 when they go to 11 a side and I believe the FA still recommend smaller pitches until they get older, though often they get full sized pitches at that age too.

Just rewards the bigger lads with the harder kick and punishes those who are smaller but sometimes more skilful. This country's grassroots coaching is miles behind.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    So you should only watch, what, the Prem?

What about the Championship, or League 1/2?

What about Spartan South Midlands League?

Would be good to know what's acceptable to watch and at what point its crap and unwatchable.

Not at all I watch my local team that play in tier 7 also my PL team along with my home town team in tier 4. I get that woman play football and it’s enjoyable to them, and great exercise to get kids out in the fresh air, but how long before we have junior leagues with girls playing along with boys, (by the way that’s happening now in places). The way things are going due to pc and woke in this country I can see the fantastic crop of current players like Bellingham Saka and other youngsters in the England squad will be the last.

Master
    When my son was 10 his team played on full size pitches with full size goals... and they were a lot smaller than fully grown women.

How many years ago was that ? Kids don’t play on full size pitches until 14 nowadays. They are on 3/4 pitches and same width goals but with lower height from 12-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    It's under 13 when they go to 11 a side and I believe the FA still recommend smaller pitches until they get older, though often they get full sized pitches at that age too.

Just rewards the bigger lads with the harder kick and punishes those who are smaller but sometimes more skilful. This country's grassroots coaching is miles behind.

Would not disagree with that. I spent a lot of time in France during 80s and 90s and watched grassroots village football from their kids sides to youth teams, their coaching at that level was miles ahead of anything we did, and was the main reason they won the WC in 98. My fear is this roller coaster ride with woman’s football kids footie is being forgotten or the young lads are playing in mixed teams.

Master

Every post you’ve made on this thread has been littered with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

You come across as a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal, I’m afraid. And just because people don’t agree with you doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re woke; it could just be that they think you’re an idiot.

Not at all I watch my local team that play in tier 7 also my PL team along with my home town team in tier 4. I get that woman play football and it’s enjoyable to them, and great exercise to get kids out in the fresh air, but how long before we have junior leagues with girls playing along with boys, (by the way that’s happening now in places). The way things are going due to pc and woke in this country I can see the fantastic crop of current players like Bellingham Saka and other youngsters in the England squad will be the last.
    This simply doesn't reflect my current experience of junior football at all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Every post you’ve made on this thread has been littered with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

You come across as a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal, I’m afraid. And just because people don’t agree with you doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re woke; it could just be that they think you’re an idiot.

Another one on here who has to resort to belittling a person. Sorry to disappoint Pal but I am far from your assumption of me,in fact you could not be further from the truth. But hey ho what do I care I have my opinion.

Master
    Another one on here who has to resort to belittling a person. Sorry to disappoint Pal but I am far from your assumption of me,in fact you could not be further from the truth. But hey ho what do I care I have my opinion.
    I haven’t belittled you; if you read my comment again you’ll see that I commented on the way you come across, not you as a person.

That said, why is it, do you think, that people don’t like the way you express yourself?

Master

He wouldn’t now, the pitches are smaller for U11 and recommended smaller for up to U16

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/st...imensions.ashx

So would make sense for women’s to perhaps be a bit smaller.

Master
    I’ve been to 4 Liverpool ladies games this year with my daughter and I’m at her football every week.

The standard compared to the men’s is absolutely horrendous. The goalkeeping is a real issue, it’s almost comedic at times.

It’s not the same game and you can’t treat it as the same. Womens football has to be viewed essentially as its own stand alone sport and completely decoupled from the men’s game.

As for the female commentators, im with Keegan. I don’t see why they are involved in men’s game.

Blog Entries
    What a very odd thread…

Master

I'm sorry but this just isn't the case. Kids now play on smaller pitches with smaller goals until closer to adulthood.

The women's game needs some adjustments to be more exciting.

The need to have exactly the same rules and parameters as the men's game will hurt it in the long run.

I watch a huge amount of footy live. I've watched Liverpool win everything and followed one of my best mates who has played in pretty much every league in England and is now in the Scottish Prem.

Whenever I watch a women's game it's obvious how slow it is even compared to men's national League football and how badly the keepers struggle with the size of the goals.

If you reduced the size of the pitch the speed they run would be less noticible and of the goal was a bit smaller the keeper could actually dive into the corners and save some stuff.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    I don't think women are shite at commentating specifically because they are women, I just think that the general level of them is lower because there are less of them but they are being pushed on men's footy for woke reasons.

Decent women's pundits do exist the problem is Sky and others seem to want to promote women over men not due to their skill or knowledge

I'm sorry but this just isn't the case. Kids now play on smaller pitches with smaller goals until closer to adulthood.

The women's game needs some adjustments to be more exciting.

The need to have exactly the same rules and parameters as the men's game will hurt it in the long run.

I watch a huge amount of footy live. I've watched Liverpool win everything and followed one of my best mates who has played in pretty much every league in England and is now in the Scottish Prem.

Whenever I watch a women's game it's obvious how slow it is even compared to men's national League football and how badly the keepers struggle with the size of the goals.

If you reduced the size of the pitch the speed they run would be less noticible and of the goal was a bit smaller the keeper could actually dive into the corners and save some stuff.

A large part of that problem is that you're comparing the women's game with the men's. If you accept the the women's game is slower then the speed isn't an issue. We wouldn't suggest making women run only 90m in the 100m sprint because, compared with men it looks slower. We accept it for what it is.

There's a recurring suggestion that the goals should be larger in the men's game to increase the scoreline (American's prefer higher scoring sports) and make the game more exciting. It seems that by shrinking the women's goals we could have more nil nil borefests, which nobody wants.

Netball and Volleyball seem to attract tall women that would make good goal keepers, so they are out there.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    A large part of that problem is that you're comparing the women's game with the men's. If you accept the the women's game is slower then the speed isn't an issue. We wouldn't suggest making women run only 90m in the 100m sprint because, compared with men it looks slower. We accept it for what it is.

There's a recurring suggestion that the goals should be larger in the men's game to increase the scoreline (American's prefer higher scoring sports) and make the game more exciting. It seems that by shrinking the women's goals we could have more nil nil borefests, which nobody wants.

Netball and Volleyball seem to attract tall women that would make good goal keepers, so they are out there.
    Always thought it strange that the women's hurdles is 100m compared to the men's 110m

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    The likes of Alex Scott are truly shocking (that’s not to say there are some poor male pundits eg Joe Cole) but the majority of female pundits are poor and are there because of their gender, not knowledge and competence as a presenter.
    I don't get this or the amount of abuse Alex gets in general. She has 140 England caps, scoring 12 goals from right back, playing at four Euros and three world cups. She's won the WSL six times, the FA Cup seven times, the WSL Cup five times and the Champions League. There's a couple of Community Shields in there too.

She has a media degree in Professional Sports Writing and Broadcasting and has worked in TV and written media for several years including being a columnist in The Independent.

So her football knowledge is of the game at the highest level and she's a qualified and experienced sports journalist and presenter. I'd say her competence is pretty high, wouldn't you? I'm a bit sick of people (like my brother - and possible you) saying she only gets these jobs because she's female or black or both. I could list many, many male football pundits who haven't had anywhere near the career she's has or are as qualified and experienced to do this job.

Quote Originally Posted by bparker170 View Post
    I miss Jimmy Armfield quite frankly.

Me too, and Peter Jones

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm a bit sick of people (like my brother - and possible you) saying she only gets these jobs because she's female or black or both.
    You missed out "beautiful".

I did, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    You missed out "beautiful".

Master
    I don't think women are shite at commentating specifically because they are women, I just think that the general level of them is lower because there are less of them but they are being pushed on men's footy for woke reasons.

Decent women's pundits do exist the problem is Sky and others seem to want to promote women over men not due to their skill or knowledge
    You could look at it the other way - pundits and commentators are pushed on us because they're part of the old boys network and they used to play at a high level. One of my childhood idols was Peter Beardsley, a man who was a fabulous player but who, charitably, should never have been put in front of a microphone. He just wasn't good it at, but for ratings reasons (you could say this equates to 'woke' reasons - the broadcasters are trying to get popular people who appeal to a wider audience), he ended up on Radio 5. He became famous for saying "to be fair" almost incessantly, sometimes twice in the same sentence. He was a great player, an appalling broadcaster.

Beardsley isn't alone in this, far from it, but he sticks in my mind as a truly shit commentator. The difference on this thread is that certain posters (not you) are deriding women commentators being derided because they're women, not because they're shit. It's perfectly possible to be a terrible commentator and a woman, and it's fair to say that there are fewer good female commentators than male ones ... but to say that women can't commentate because, y'know, they're not blokes is just a bit pathetic.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    You could look at it the other way - pundits and commentators are pushed on us because they're part of the old boys network and they used to play at a high level. One of my childhood idols was Peter Beardsley, a man who was a fabulous player but who, charitably, should never have been put in front of a microphone. He just wasn't good it at, but for ratings reasons (you could say this equates to 'woke' reasons - the broadcasters are trying to get popular people who appeal to a wider audience), he ended up on Radio 5. He became famous for saying "to be fair" almost incessantly, sometimes twice in the same sentence. He was a great player, an appalling broadcaster.

Beardsley isn't alone in this, far from it, but he sticks in my mind as a truly shit commentator. The difference on this thread is that certain posters (not you) are deriding women commentators being derided because they're women, not because they're shit. It's perfectly possible to be a terrible commentator and a woman, and it's fair to say that there are fewer good female commentators than male ones ... but to say that women can't commentate because, y'know, they're not blokes is just a bit pathetic.
    Name me one good woman commentator you would like to hear on a top Men’s Game, I ask because I have not heard one yet.

Master
    Name me one good woman commentator you would like to hear on a top Men’s Game, I ask because I have not heard one yet.
    As I said a good many posts back, Jacqui Oatley gets my vote.

Master
    I don't get this or the amount of abuse Alex gets in general. She has 140 England caps, scoring 12 goals from right back, playing at four Euros and three world cups. She's won the WSL six times, the FA Cup seven times, the WSL Cup five times and the Champions League. There's a couple of Community Shields in there too.

She has a media degree in Professional Sports Writing and Broadcasting and has worked in TV and written media for several years including being a columnist in The Independent.

So her football knowledge is of the game at the highest level and she's a qualified and experienced sports journalist and presenter. I'd say her competence is pretty high, wouldn't you? I'm a bit sick of people (like my brother - and possible you) saying she only gets these jobs because she's female or black or both. I could list many, many male football pundits who haven't had anywhere near the career she's has or are as qualified and experienced to do this job.
    Firstly you can’t assume anything about me, I’ve no idea why she has got the job. She may have won lots in the game and have a media degree but that doesn’t make her good as a pundit and broadcaster. Football Focus has gone massively downhill since she took over and has lost thousands of viewers. IMO she is a poor presenter who struggles with her grammar and as such I no longer watch it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Firstly you can’t assume anything about me, I’ve no idea why she has got the job. She may have won lots in the game and have a media degree but that doesn’t make her good as a pundit and broadcaster. Football Focus has gone massively downhill since she took over and has lost thousands of viewers. IMO she is a poor presenter who struggles with her grammar and as such I no longer watch it.

Totally agree, since she started presenting FF I just turn off. If I watched woman’s footie I would want a female commentator, but just listening to the mess they make on the MOTD highlights just confirms woman are just not that good at commentating on men’s footie, but they are brilliant at lots of other things.
    Last edited by hilly10; 19th October 2023 at 16:07.

I don’t watch women’s football, however I do like to watch women’s rugby and the women commentators are pretty good.

That said, a mute Trappist monk would be easier to listen to than Shane Williams punditry. Hopefully now that Wales has returned home, so will Shane.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I also find people who don't like football in the first place(men's football) jump on the women's football to sound/appear to be more liberal and accepting.It's similar to people who pretend to like curling during the winter Olympics, when they know deep down inside that it's utter crap.They don't fool me.

Master

Highest level of women’s football is the equivalent to probably u13s boys football.

Any decent men’s Sunday league side would beat the England ladies team 20-0.

She’s absolutely no idea about the highest level of men’s football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Highest level of women’s football is the equivalent to probably u13s boys football.

Which is about as relevant as saying a 15 year old boy could smash the adult women's 100 meters record.

Master
    No 15 year old boy has ran faster than the womens 100m record though ?

Master

20-0 is a bit steep.

Craftsman

The woman’s World Cup holding USA team lost to an under 15 Dallas boys team in 2017 5-2 so 20 - 0 against a decent amateur team would be about right

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    I also find people who don't like football in the first place(men's football) jump on the women's football to sound/appear to be more liberal and accepting.It's similar to people who pretend to like curling during the winter Olympics, when they know deep down inside that it's utter crap.They don't fool me.
    I dislike football in any form, but agree curling is just sweeping up in the cold… ;-)
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th October 2023 at 08:31.

In all fairness Lineker was bloody awful when he started on MOTD years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess if you look at it logically, if theres this much horseshit spouted about women being awful at something (sport) its probably because its only within the last few years they've started to be accepted. Jesus H f**king Christ, could someone remind me what century we’re living in?

Master
    [QUOTE=Franky Four Fingers;6293298]In all fairness Lineker was bloody awful when he started on MOTD years ago.

Still is mate.

No 15 year old boy has ran faster than the womens 100m record though ?
    Sachin Dennis of Jamaica (DoB 02.08.02) ran 100m in 10.20 in Kingston, Jamaica on 23.03.18. He was 4 & a bit months short of his sixteenth birthday.

The women's world record is 10.49 set by FloJo in Indianapolis on 16.07.88.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=estoban7;6293339]
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

Still is mate.

In fairness the pundit bar is set highest when you look at the likes of Danny Murphy Ally MCoist

Master
    Blog Entries

You are 100% correct

Keegan is right

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    The woman’s World Cup holding USA team lost to an under 15 Dallas boys team in 2017 5-2 so 20 - 0 against a decent amateur team would be about right
    The women's game now is unrecognisable to that of 2017, so not exactly relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    God, he really was, wasn't he? It took him some time to make the role his own, in fact.

There aren't many of either gender talk more sense than Danny Murphy.

[QUOTE=hilly10;6293407]
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post

In fairness the pundit bar is set highest when you look at the likes of Danny Murphy Ally MCoist

Master
    The worst commentary I've ever heard was from Phil Neville commentating on an England match a few years ago. Does anyone remember that?

Yep.

As some people have already pointed out the Men's and Women's games are completely separate entities so why can't they just let Men preside on the Men's games and Women on the Women's games?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Yep.

As some people have already pointed out the Men's and Women's games are completely separate entities so why can't they just let Men preside on the Men's games and Women on the Women's games?

So right.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Sachin Dennis of Jamaica (DoB 02.08.02) ran 100m in 10.20 in Kingston, Jamaica on 23.03.18. He was 4 & a bit months short of his sixteenth birthday.

The women's world record is 10.49 set by FloJo in Indianapolis on 16.07.88.
    Doesn’t count it was wind assisted.

I think we would all agree woman's football is on a par with first/second division level, but I don't see many ex first/second division only players commentating on top level football.

If it is about proportional representation from the fan base then we are talking about 1 in a 100 at best

Ex female players don't have a lot in common with male players. The majority of female players are much smarter than the men players,they generally have been to college, have a fall back career but earn far less which all brings different pressures

It all stinks of male suits at the top of the house thinking they know what women want

I would say though Karen Carney is an excellent pundit, but she is the only one

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

One of my daughters enjoys watching the women's game but she thought the female presenters spoilt the Women's World Cup 😒

ooops but I like watching the ladies play.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    I think we would all agree woman's football is on a par with first/second division level, but I don't see many ex first/second division only players commentating on top level football.

If it is about proportional representation from the fan base then we are talking about 1 in a 100 at best

Ex female players don't have a lot in common with male players. The majority of female players are much smarter than the men players,they generally have been to college, have a fall back career but earn far less which all brings different pressures

It all stinks of male suits at the top of the house thinking they know what women want

I would say though Karen Carney is an excellent pundit, but she is the only one

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    In your first paragraph you say woman’s football is on a par with first / second division, please don’t tell me you mean the Men’s game. Woman’s footballs equal I would say is 15 to 16 year old boys on a skill level

Doesn’t count it was wind assisted.
    Indeed, there was a tailwind of 2.0m/s. However, to not count as a record the tailwind must exceed an average of 2.0m/s over the race, not be equal to it.
    ______

​Jim.