closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keegan Is Right

Master
    Blog Entries

Keegan Is Right

Anyone else agree with Kevin Keegan on woman pundits and presenters for England games. Turned on and PC Ch4 have woman presenter and Jill Scott pundit why can’t they just stick to their own game. At least we have male commentators.

Master
    The standard of most of them bothers me more than their sex tbh.

I must admit the female pundits at the Rugby World Cup are utter crap- it’s ridiculous having them.
    If they were male they simply wouldn’t get the job because they are just no good.

Deleted due to regret in getting involved in this car crash.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 18th October 2023 at 21:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Anyone else agree with Kevin Keegan on woman pundits and presenters for England games. Turned on and PC Ch4 have woman presenter and Jill Scott pundit why can’t they just stick to their own game. At least we have male commentators.

Good to see that sexism is alive and well.

And no, Keegan’s talking crap, as usual.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post

I suppose you watch woman’s football. Have you listened to a woman commenting on a top men’s match, its excruciating painful.

Craftsman
    Anyone else agree with Kevin Keegan on woman pundits and presenters for England games..
    100% spot on.....

I can only agree.
    This Donna Dublin is talking absolute crap .

Master
    I suppose you watch woman’s football. Have you listened to a woman commenting on a top men’s match, it’s excruciating painful.
    Jacqui Oatley is absolutely excellent. I challenge you to say otherwise.

It’s a purely subjective and personal view point from Special K which he’s entitled to.

But he needs to back it up with genuine issues and the lack of experience “in the man’s game” is not enough.

There’s some terrible male pundits and some we put up with and some we slag off.

Being a good footballer and a good bloke doesn’t make you insightful and the same goes for the women footballers.

I can’t stand Lianne Sanderson but like Jill Scott and Izzy Christiansen. I can take it or leave it with Karen Carney but she generally talks sense. Emma Hayes very good also.

If KK is being 100% honest he just doesn’t like the sound of women’s voice in that situation. It’s that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No female pundit is worse than Dion Dublin surely

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    No female pundit is worse than Dion Dublin surely
    Nobody is worse than ITV’s Sam Matterface and his terrible (see them coming a mile away) gags.

Go and watch Maria Costello commentating on the IOM TT.................

Just a 'Grinning idiot' despite posting good times there

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well I will watch 15mins of Coronation St so I don’t have to listen

Master
    Yip
    They are total garbage.
    The ex England girl commenting on the rugby is a joke. You would get the same insight off of anyone who had played amateur rugby.
    No experience of playing rugby at that level.
    Just PC bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post

It’s not sexist, it’s fact!

Forget ticking the equality box, and instead reward knowledge, experience and professional ability.

Skill set over gender in my book. Works both ways by the way, that’s where the equality bit works properly.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

I suspect Jill Scott knows a hell of a lot more football than anyone else on here. There's some proper drivel on this thread.
    "A man of little significance"

Well I will watch 15mins of Coronation St so I don’t have to listen
    Or retire to the throne room and relax in the gentleman's way? While thinking about Kevin Keegan's little dimple chin

Master
    I suppose you watch woman’s football. Have you listened to a woman commenting on a top men’s match, its excruciating painful.
    I've listened to Vicki Sparks often, I admit her voice can be a bit grating at times but I quite enjoy her enthusiasm and she always stays on top of the game.

She does react like someone's stuck a hot poker up her bum any time someone scores a goal, but some of the male commentators do that as well.

Master
    Yep he’s right. My wife agrees too.

The likes of Alex Scott are truly shocking (that’s not to say there are some poor male pundits eg Joe Cole) but the majority of female pundits are poor and are there because of their gender, not knowledge and competence as a presenter.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I suspect Jill Scott knows a hell of a lot more football than anyone else on here. There's some proper drivel on this thread.
    She may well do but I’m not sure she can articulate that knowledge in a competent, professional way as a pundit/presenter.

Chanel 4’s after game coverage tonight was amateur led by two females (and Joe Cole!)

Master
    Might be a good idea for women to commentate on the women's game.

Blog Entries
    There are plenty of utter bilge commentators and pundits…. Being either male or female doesn’t automatically place them in either the good or the bad camp…. I don’t get it?

I’m quite happy for there to be a mix of genders presenting male or female football…. Who cares? Some will be new/ developing maybe?

As above - The worst I’ve ever heard, by far, is Sam Matterface…. Why was he ever let near a microphone?

Football is important to me. I played it as a younger man and I've been a season ticket holder at City since 1976. I've just seen City win the treble. Live at home, Wembley and Istanbul. Other time spent listening to pundits when on tv thoughout was zero. I turn on once the game has started and switch over at half time. Full time switch over again. I've no interest in watching gambling adverts and listening to BS from any pundit. Of course I was forced to listen to Dublin chipping in during the game last night. Useless drivel.

Master
    I wonder if there's something to the lack of experience at the top of the game idea. I watch a lot of tennis and I'd say on average the male and female commentators are equally good. Perphaps because female tennis has been professional for a long time and the female commentators have had many of the same experiences of professional/tour life as the men.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Might be a good idea for women to commentate on the women's game.

To right

Pundits regardless of Sex are a cause for ear ache.
    I turn the game on at Kick off time, turn it off at half time, back on again for the 2nd half and straight off at full time
    I don’t want or need to listen to a panel of ex players talk about what may happen or should have happened.
    I don’t mind the commentary during the game but the volume is down low and I turn it up if there is a TMO referral etc. but the before and after bit is pointless for me.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 18th October 2023 at 10:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    the UFC has recently promoted Laura Sanko to commentating on big events and she's been absolutely fantastic.
    Some detractors have moaned she's there for eye candy but I see her there on merit.
    I can see their point.......maybe

I can't recall the same fuss about men commentating on women's tennis, athletics, olympic sports, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Pundits regardless of Sex are a cause for ear ache.
    I turn the game on at Kick off time, turn it off at half time, back on again for the 2nd half and straight off at full time
    I don’t want or need to listen to a panel of ex players talk about what may happen or should have happened.
    I don’t mind the commentary during the game but the volume is down low and I turn it up if there is a TMO referral etc. but the before and after bit is pointless for me.
    A couple of the commentators on Radio 5 are good but the moment anyone says 'he should have scored that' I'm usually done.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    She may well do but I’m not sure she can articulate that knowledge in a competent, professional way as a pundit/presenter.

Chanel 4’s after game coverage tonight was amateur led by two females (and Joe Cole!)
    Her Radio 5 show was hilarious. You should give it a go.

You are Graham Souness and I claim my £5!

It's just old blokes being a bit resentful of change is all.

Great that it's moving with the times, my younger daughters are way more interested that perhaps teenagers from earlier decades.

99% of punditry and commentary is a load of old tosh anyway, especially now when 90mins content needs to be stretched out for 3.5hrs, 4/5 times a week!

Relax and enjoy.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

This thread: tell me you’re a boomer without telling me you’re a boomer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You are Graham Souness and I claim my £5!

No, just a bloke who cannot see any merit in any woman commenter or pundit in the men’s game. I have nothing against Woman’s football, in fact I think it’s great for woman and any sad bloke who wants to watch it, just let the ladies stick to their own game. The post on FB regards to KK comment nearly 100% agreed and there were a fair few woman posted their agreement.
    Last edited by hilly10; 18th October 2023 at 12:06.

Generally, I record matches & start watching 15-20 minutes after kick-off to enable me to whizz through the half-time nonsense of betting & ED adverts.

For me, the worst co-commentators are Joe Cole, Micah Richards, Lee Dixon, Gary ('Oooh, Oooh') Neville, Jamie Carragher, Dion Dublin, Jermaine Jenas, Andy Hinchcliffe & Lucy Ward. Alan Smith & Martin Keown are fairly good.

As for main commentators, Darren Fletcher on BT/TNT needs a rest. He's been overused.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    I miss Jimmy Armfield quite frankly.

Master
    I'd say 50% of male football pundits are awful and 90% of women are terrible.

It seems like the bar for a job for women is set lower.

It's just the way of the world now on TV, your face\age\sex fits or doesn't etc.

Totally agree on Laura Sanko in the UFC. Her analysis is excellent and she competed in MMA too. The other thing to remember with UFC though is that she commentates on Male and Females at the same UFC card. Footy isn't like this.

Women train with men in MMA too so have a much better understanding.

Master
    The misogyny is strong in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    The misogyny is strong in this thread
    Unbelievable. Not a good look at all.

Crappy pundits are crappy pundits.

Aside from Football I watch NFL and the original host of The NFL Show Laura Woods was OK, just a presenter but she showed knowledge of the game (apart from supporting Detroit!) and a good personality.

This season she has been replaced by Craig Doyle, a man with no personality who admitted on screen that he knew nothing about the game - just jobs for the boys, he is absolute crap.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Eniola Aluko, makes all the rest look like Pep, how she ever got a job as a pundit I’ll never know.
    Don’t bother replying as I know full well.

Bill McLaren, that's who you want to emulate.
    You'd listen to him commentating on a match even if there wasn't a match!

Master
    No, just a bloke who cannot see any merit in any woman commenter or pundit in the men’s game. I have nothing against Woman’s football, in fact I think it’s great for woman and any sad bloke who wants to watch it, just let the ladies stick to their own game. The post on FB regards to KK comment nearly 100% agreed and there were a fair few woman posted their agreement.
    Oh, I see, separate but equal.

Plessy v Ferguson ring any bells for you?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Bill McLaren, that's who you want to emulate.
    You'd listen to him commentating on a match even if there wasn't a match!
    Now that I agree with, mind you how quickly the rules change even Bill would have a job keeping up

Master
    I couldn't care less is a commentator is male or female. As long as they have decent knowledge of the game and a bit charisma then I'm unlikely to notice if they've got a pair of balls or not. It's not an easy gig either so if someone new appears and they're a bit crap I'll cut them some slack knowing they'll get better at it with experience. Unfortunately some are just not very good at it but continue to get work because of past achievements, such as a certain scouser who won two CL titles with Real Madrid.

Speaking of achievements, there's only one person in this picture with major international honours...

'any sad bloke who wants to watch it'

Groan. It's like the last 50 years never happened.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    'any sad bloke who wants to watch it'

Groan. It's like the last 50 years never happened.

I agree the "sad bloke" thing was a bit far from him but you have to admit the women's game isn't a great standard is it?

It is miles slower than the men's game and the goals are too big for the goalkeepers. The game would be massively improved by reducing the size of the pitch and the goals by 10% or so.

I know a fair few women footballers including one of the top few in the world and loads agree but can't say it in the media as it will hurt the cause.

There have been similar calls for reducing the height of the ring in the WNBA so more than a couple of outliers can dunk.

It shouldn't be taboo to say that a game invented and played more by people who are more athletic should be adjusted for people who are less so.

Master
    Don’t watch football at any level but rugby at the World Cup has been pretty poor, I tend to mute the telly as commentators often are homers or just like the sound of their own voice, if tv presentation was either ref mike or nil I’d be happier, if you go to games you don’t get much, subs named?, so why have overpaid, overrated folk talking over everything.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I agree the "sad bloke" thing was a bit far from him but you have to admit the women's game isn't a great standard is it?

It is miles slower than the men's game and the goals are too big for the goalkeepers. The game would be massively improved by reducing the size of the pitch and the goals by 10% or so.

I know a fair few women footballers including one of the top few in the world and loads agree but can't say it in the media as it will hurt the cause.

There have been similar calls for reducing the height of the ring in the WNBA so more than a couple of outliers can dunk.

It shouldn't be taboo to say that a game invented and played more by people who are more athletic should be adjusted for people who are less so.
    Why should the goals be made smaller?
    When my son was 10 his team played on full size pitches with full size goals... and they were a lot smaller than fully grown women.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app