closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tommy Fury

Tommy Fury

He couldn’t knock the skin off a rice pudding. He’s faught two YouTubers this year and made hard work of both of them. The Jake Paul fight was awful but as the commentator said tonight, this one was virtually unwatchable.

No wonder he doesn’t want to go in with actual boxers!

A joke.

Tyson is the only one who is good, all the other Fury lads are big and strong and look the part but they are not high level boxers in any way

Earning £1-2m+ for an evening of doing something you're rubbish at. I know who the mugs are and it's not Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Earning £1-2m+ for an evening of doing something you're rubbish at. I know who the mugs are and it's not Tommy.
    Spot on ..

It’s the old Challenge a boxer fairground show taken to a new level.

These guys are making bundles of money from young audiences who believe there is a real grudge match and have wached Rocky too many times, KSI , Fury , Logan Paul are all probably good friends with calculating managers behind them rinsing the gullible.

“I demand a rematch”. (Throws a water bottle at same time)

“Oh go on then”

Kerching .

This from a news report

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...y-ksi-27893700

The build up to the fight has been seismic with both team Fury and KSI engaging in a heated war of words as well as being involved in incidents where they had to be separated. A fiery press conference in August which ended with John Fury flipping over a table was matched for drama on Wednesday when an open training session got out of hand after Fury and KSI hurled insults at one another.
    Last edited by TKH; 15th October 2023 at 04:05.

Master
    Just another version of WWE with protagonists trash talking then getting on the tour bus together. Ali was the master of it. He taunted Liston with a bear trap outside on the street telling the ugly bear to come out and face him.

I unfortunately watched the fight last night and to the people that portrayed Tommy as a boxer, WTF I want my half hour sleep back!

Master
    exactly and its more than 1-2m id wager,

Tommy and big John know that he isnt ever going to make it as a pro, and as soon as he loses a pro fight the money on offer for these influencer things goes away, so keep him in there with the pauls and the ksis for as long as they can milk it,

seems a nice lad too, good luck to him!

Master
    The birth child of WWE, white collar boxing and social media. Each to their own but real boxing needs to maintain its separation from these events, as whilst the short term financial gains may be tempting the longer term reputational damage could be impactful.
    Fwiw I think the WBC should have stripped Tyson Fury of the belt or introduce a rule change to enable them to do so in future. I don't think any respectable organisation would have anything to do with John Fury....

Blog Entries
    Sitting with my mam and dad as a child, late nights to watch Ali, bugner, and all of the greatest boxers ever was part of my childhood, even Mike tyson and boxers of that era make this bunch look like, well I'm not allowed to coment!

Still trying to work out how all those boxing professionals present at the fight yesterday (refs, judges, announcers, promoters, coaches etc), nobody seemed to realise one of the judges scores was literally impossible. Clown event...

Muhammad Ali's grandson lost his first fight. Still a 6 round boxer and no major contenders

Lost to a 8-1 pro-boxer and small-time hip hop artist.

Novelty in the name?

Boils my pi-s these social media (so called fights).
    A couple of weeks ago Leigh Wood and Josh Warrington had a contender for fight of the year and there was half the crowd there compared to this Fury so called fight, and you can guarantee they will not have made as much as these 2 clowns...

On a side note i'd love to see one of these Paul brothers in with some one like Marvin Hagler at his prime (god rest his soul), would have been a real wakening for them to test their so called skills lol...

Master
    Don King and is ilk however would have been all over this sort of event.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Sitting with my mam and dad as a child, late nights to watch Ali, bugner, and all of the greatest boxers ever was part of my childhood, even Mike tyson and boxers of that era make this bunch look like, well I'm not allowed to coment!
    Same as that. Dad worked away a lot, behind the ‘iron curtain’ as it was, so used to stay up with mum to watch those matches, and the space programme coverage.
    Halogen days….
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

“I demand a rematch”. (Throws a PRIME bottle at same time)
    FTFY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Same as that. Dad worked away a lot, behind the ‘iron curtain’ as it was, so used to stay up with mum to watch those matches, and the space programme coverage.
    Halogen days….
    cool, yes watching the space flights and landings was a part of my childhood, loved it all, i now look back on it and think were has it got us?

Master
    Halogen days….
    Halcyon days maybe?

There is a large sub-grouping of English speakers who wouldn't know to what 'halcyon days' referred.

Many of that same sub-group would understand the the term 'halogen days' as an utterance of Del Boy Trotter, the lead character in 'Only Fools & Horses', a popular televisual entertainment of the 1980s, written by John Sullivan, which often featured similar malapropisms for comedic effect.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    There is a large sub-grouping of English speakers who wouldn't know to what 'halcyon days' referred.

Many of that same sub-group would understand the the term 'halogen days' as an utterance of Del Boy Trotter, the lead character in 'Only Fools & Horses', a popular televisual entertainment of the 1980s, written by John Sullivan, which often featured similar malapropisms for comedic effect.
    There is also quite a large group I think, who perfectly understand both.

Master
    There is also quite a large group I think, who perfectly understand both.
    I resemble that remark!

Master
    That people are remotely interested in these youtube fights boggles my mind, let alone the scale of the fights. Boxing has some of the best promoters/business folk around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    I resemble that remark!
    Me too, and I can say that without fear of contraception.

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. In my youth I got to see Roy 'Pretty Boy' Shaw & Lenny Mclean go at it, both dreadful men but what true fighter is a nice guy? Todays world is simulation, football, rugby even cricket is suffering. The modern crowd want 'plastic' sport, we all laughed at WWF Wresting in the 80's now its in all sports...can golf hold out??

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. In my youth I got to see Roy 'Pretty Boy' Shaw & Lenny Mclean go at it, both dreadful men but what true fighter is a nice guy? Todays world is simulation, football, rugby even cricket is suffering. The modern crowd want 'plastic' sport, we all laughed at WWF Wresting in the 80's now its in all sports...can golf hold out??
    They'll all be doing it like Snappy soon

Eddie Hearn on the radio said he would get £40-50k for a pro fight, and £3-4mn for this rubbish.

Can't knock him, and he can't knock him out!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk