closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Out of the blue I had the call.

Master
    Blog Entries

Out of the blue I had the call.

It was from Artistmike would I like a Smiths Military 36mm generation 1?

We had a chat on the phone, I soon realised he was an old style English gentleman.

With no fuss or haggling we agreed a price.

He said he was going to send it then if I liked it I could then send him payment (quite a surprise).

I was going away so he posted it on an agreed date so I would be in to receive it.

It arrived on the day promised and was packed just like the old days,very neatly in stout, brown packing paper (I do like these details).

The first thing I found was a beautifully hand written note,he really is an artist as you can see from the card which has one of his excellent paintings on the cover.

The watch was a full set in perfect condition.

What a stunning watch it is,the acrylic glass and fixed bars are things I like.

The matte dial has hardly any reflections,there is just the right amount of lume.

WR 100m is welcome,yes its small but thats a positive.

The Timefactors aviator works well, but I bought a new brown Rios Arizona clip (same as I have on my 53) and darkened it, I can then quickly switch to a NATO if need be.

I loved the look of my AM model but couldn't read it as well as this model (sadly glasses prescription strength increased these past years).

When I compare it to my B version it looks better proportioned,3mm size difference doesnt sound much but in this case it is.

All in all one of the best buying experience's ive ever had all thanks to Michael.

Last edited by bwest76; 13th October 2023 at 13:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Still loving my non Rolex watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    A classic, does it have fixed bars.

I had a 67 W10 but sold it here … maybe an error.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes which I like a lot,its from the first run.

Nice!

Sounds like a great buying experience. I have also experienced a member forwarding a watch for me to review before payment, TZ really does have some top people. Fab watch, I am wearing my sapphire version as I type, would love to add the acrylic version at some point too. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have a first gen and I love it. The lume is surprisingly strong - beats many dive watches at 3am - and its great combination of legibility, classic styling and comfort makes it hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    I have a first gen and I love it. The lume is surprisingly strong - beats many dive watches at 3am - and its great combination of legibility, classic styling and comfort makes it hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with what you say,its also nice and slim under a jacket cuff.

I have taken mine out of the watch box then wound and set it ready for tomorrow.

Journeyman
    gorgeous watch. I expect I'm in the minority in preferring the charm of the sloppily applied lume on the OG models