closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Military Issued Gen. 2 Longines Majetek

Master
    Blog Entries

Military Issued Gen. 2 Longines Majetek

With permission of the watch owner in NZ, I thought you might like to see these photos.

Especially as Eddie is planing a new version,it shows just what a good job he did.

From the owner.

“A seldom seen Military Issued Gen. 2 Longines Majetek in fantastic condition for its age, with a pretty neat 'Extract from the Archives' dating it to Christmas Eve 1938!
    Not many of this version appear to have been made, due to the Cal 15.26 being deemed too delicate. One source puts the production run at about 500 pieces, but who knows for sure.
    Case is very sharp and appears to be unpolished. The crown is also original and features the dimple on top. From what I can see, there is only a slight dial scratch between the 6 and 7 positions, which is pretty remarkable considering it is made of porcelain,”

One of these is at the top of the ‘next to acquire list’ a very good quality watch is a modern size.
    They were a bargain a few years ago, like most things, not now

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    One of these is at the top of the ‘next to acquire list’ a very good quality watch is a modern size.
    They were a bargain a few years ago, like most things, not now
    I think he is looking for around 5000 USD.

No idea of values of them.

Someone else was recounting when old British issued watches where on the counter of his local surplus shop for £10 each in a rummage box.

Nice watch. I got mine back when they were cheaper. Mine the last version with metal dial made just after WW2. They had a long run with three versions.

And below a cousin.

There still deals got this Czech Eterna cheap a few years ago on eBay saw the price and bought it instantly.
    Last edited by River Rat; 14th November 2023 at 18:31.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow thats a stunner and complimented by your OG wolly pully (I am sure ours where mostly made out of nylon).

Was a 1990's issued Marine wooly pully was in a Navy unit where we wore camos so we were allowed to wear them in the winter had two of them. Still wear them in winter today until they fall apart.