closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TB Timepieces in Reigate

Quote Originally Posted by tbtimepiecesltd View Post
    For us we find it better to work nowadays just through social media sites like:
    - instagram
    - eBay
    - chrono24

We do have a website but its currently locked as we are in the process of making one.

The tb timepieces you see online under the website in the US and also they have made an eBay store are scammers trying to price watches ridiculously cheap and scam people, we are aware of this and doing what we can to get them shut down of course.
    It's understandable why you would be selling on social media sites these days, it's how the world works. Unfortunately it also brings with it as much negativity and polarisation as it does positivity. People like a solid base, if you can call it that. A generation ago people wouldn't trust a business with only a mobile phone for contact and not a landline as it's far too easy to change a mobile phone number and 'disappear'. In the same way, there are so many stolen or fake watches sold on social media sites that earning a good reputation through social media must be difficult. I don't envy you for that. If it was my business I would make sure that the website is up and running asap. You don't actually need to sell through it, it just needs to be a means for some customers to learn about you and what you do without having to visit the shop. That said, it's not my business and not my decision to make.

I'll sign off this thread for now. Some forum members seem to be getting a little bit upset about the questions. I wish you the best of luck with your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

TB may be a splendid and upright chap. This is a fine opportunity to demonstrate as much and I would wish him well if it were so.
    Here's the thing though, you know your standing here and the simple fact that it's you asking such specific questions is as good as saying the guy is a shyster.

Time to sh*t or get off the pot, tell us what you know or leave him alone.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    You don't know me so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I also know my wrist size so don't worry abut the tape measure.

I'm always interested in a back story. We all have one. In these times where there are a lot of unscrupulous people around, especially in the luxury watch world. most people are going to be extra cautious (case in point being someone local to me who ran a watch shop knowingly selling counterfeit watches). I would expect that and if I owned a watch shop I would be more than happy to answer questions, especially from a forum regular (not me) who is well thought of and very knowledgeable. I'd probably even go out of my way to answer them to prove to people that they're dealing with one of the 'good guys'.

what I do find intriguing is that until I joined this forum I didn't know about Alex from Watches of Whitby yet when I saw someone start a thread asking about the shop, it was met with nothing but praise. I've since heard that first hand as well. Yet in this thread, we've not seen the same type of replies so either no one on this forum has ever visited the shop or those who have are keeping quiet. Either way, it doesn't yet inspire confidence, for me at least.
    I read the first paragraph, concluded you sound like a pompous ass and thought that not knowing you was a superb Christmas present to myself.

Didn’t bother with the small f*cking novel that followed. Did the butler do it?
    Last edited by PSTW; 20th December 2023 at 20:01.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Here's the thing though, you know your standing here and the simple fact that it's you asking such specific questions is as good as saying the guy is a shyster.

He went looking through his stock to catch him out. Might have taken one click, might have taken many. Is it wrong to do that? No. But if a watch with the wrong clasp was the worst of it was it worth it?

I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I read the first paragraph, concluded you sound like a pompous ass and thought that not knowing you was a superb Christmas present to myself.

Didnt bother with the small f*cking novel that followed. Did the butler do it?
    He went looking through his stock to catch him out. Might have taken one click, might have taken many. Is it wrong to do that? No. But if a watch with the wrong clasp was the worst of it was it worth it?

I dont know.
    Also not enjoying the way this thread developed.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It's understandable why you would be selling on social media sites these days, it's how the world works. Unfortunately it also brings with it as much negativity and polarisation as it does positivity. People like a solid base, if you can call it that. A generation ago people wouldn't trust a business with only a mobile phone for contact and not a landline as it's far too easy to change a mobile phone number and 'disappear'. In the same way, there are so many stolen or fake watches sold on social media sites that earning a good reputation through social media must be difficult. I don't envy you for that. If it was my business I would make sure that the website is up and running asap. You don't actually need to sell through it, it just needs to be a means for some customers to learn about you and what you do without having to visit the shop. That said, it's not my business and not my decision to make.

I'll sign off this thread for now. Some forum members seem to be getting a little bit upset about the questions. I wish you the best of luck with your business.
    Hi how are you?

Thank you for the advice I appreciate that - we are working on the website so that will be up soon (I know lots of people like a more traditional style in terms of looking at a website) we do however have a landline - its displayed on our instagram page but I will also check if its on google as it should be as its been running for quite some time!

I appreciate the advice regardless

Have a lovely evening

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Also not enjoying the way this thread developed.
    According to your post count youve had thirty six thousand attempts at mastering it and youre still not there, the harsh way to look at that is that people in glass houses should be a bit more understanding.

(thirty six thousand plus posts Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! Join a choir, take up golf, take up hill walking, try journaling, take a class by any objective standard youve been wasting significant swathes of your life!!)

According to your post count you’ve had thirty six thousand attempts at mastering it and you’re still not there, the harsh way to look at that is that people in glass houses should be a bit more understanding.

(thirty six thousand plus posts… Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! Join a choir, take up golf, take up hill walking, try journaling, take a class… by any objective standard you’ve been wasting significant swathes of your life!!)
    Not sure what you’re going on the offensive for given that I was actually validating your own comments. Knock yourself out, though

Oh, and an average of about 7 posts a day doesn’t even begin to impact my life - I can knock that up in about 5 minutes. Thanks for the advice, mind, misplaced though it was.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 20th December 2023 at 20:59.

Craftsman
    Not sure what youre going on the offensive for given that I was actually validating your own comments. Knock yourself out, though
    Misunderstanding or not, lets find you an outdoor hobby.

Excellent let me know as and when.

Craftsman
    Im going to Switzerland in the new year. Joint Yodeling class?

Im going to Switzerland in the new year. Joint Yodeling class?
    Ill get back to you.

TB Timepieces in Reigate

I have had a one off and limited interaction with TB when enquiring about a watch via chrono24 a few months ago.

I asked for more photos and was told the ones on the listing were the only ones available. The photos on Chrono didnt show any accessories box booklets etc. so I didnt think I was being over the top when I asked for more photos.

I was ready to travel a couple of hundred miles and purchase the watch in person, but needed some more information before jumping in the car and righting-off a Saturday. Unfortunately I didnt get any further responses.

Maybe he was busy, maybe the watch sold, you should always try and assume the best. Having said that, I think most customers looking to put down substantial sums of money for an item, expect to be given a certain amount of time and courtesy.

The businesses who do this tend to be first choice, at least with old dinosaurs like me.

Im not saying TB watches isnt the place to shop, but at the same time I felt my experience merited a mention.
    Last edited by namzo; 20th December 2023 at 22:55.

Master
    According to your post count youve had thirty six thousand attempts at mastering it and youre still not there, the harsh way to look at that is that people in glass houses should be a bit more understanding.

(thirty six thousand plus posts Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! Join a choir, take up golf, take up hill walking, try journaling, take a class by any objective standard youve been wasting significant swathes of your life!!)
    Lol
    Tony was backing your point up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Lol
    Thanks Einstein, I think my follow up message where I used the word misunderstanding might have indicated that Id worked that out. Do you have any useful information? The lottery numbers perhaps? A cure for cancer? A solution to the religious strife since the dawn of time?

Lol
    He only came here for the five minute argument but ended up paying for the full course.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

For someone who rarely visits the forum, he seems passionately invested in its wellbeing. Good man.

Master
    Thanks Einstein, I think my follow up message where I used the word misunderstanding might have indicated that Id worked that out. Do you have any useful information? The lottery numbers perhaps? A cure for cancer? A solution to the religious strife since the dawn of time?
    Not getting it at home ?
    I sense a lot of tension

Tony - have you thought about riding a motorcycle as your outdoor hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Or maybe trying your hand at photography?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    Or maybe trying your hand at photography?
    LOLZ

Craftsman
    Not getting it at home ?
    I sense a lot of tension
    In which case you probably shouldnt put your hands down your pants when you conduct amateur psychoanalysis.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

Such damnation by third parties is a non sequitur.

While you might issue such an ultimatum, I am happy to wait for answers general and specific, however we reach them. Count me among the majority who hope this is a great new arrival. Reigate deserves better luck than it has enjoyed recently.

OK then.

Master
    Keep think its me when I see this thread, same initials.

Just have 2 points to make -

Why are the photos of the face who is handing over the watch to a footballer or motorcycle rider blanked out, maybe to protect them from theft etc? But then you came see TBs face on LinkedIn

Lastly these watches could be from other similar sports people hence why they are of high value, could have a friend who has introduced them and its gone from there. Much like a local high end user car dealership near me who deals with ex footballers cars etc as its run by or was an ex footballer

Just food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    329 listings on Chrono24, of which 323 are Rolex, 3 are AP, and then 1 each for Cartier, PP and VC.

So basically if you have no interest in Rolex as a brand then this business is a bit of a non-starter ... :-)

I don't understand the insinuations. Why don't you look at customer feedback? Google has 49 reviews, all from the last seven months, every single one of them is 5 stars.

Suppose that ends the discussion, right?

Always great service.

Great guys to business with ! A plus
    Honestly do not hesitate if you are thinking of pulling the trigger.. i have sent these guys funds and have not seen the item so sure I am on what they tell me condition wise.

Great watch, great service and communication, would highly recommend.
    Lovely watch, exactly as described, quick delivery too. Thank you

Dealt with George in TB Timepieces and it couldn't have been a smoother experience. More

Amazing service, Tom was so helpful and really knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend.

Great communication very happy with the watch arrived promptly after posted
    Fab condition would buy from this place again

Tom at TB Timepieces was great! I came in with a budget in mind and Tom was able to find me exactly what I was looking for all within my budget. Would use TB again!

Tb timepieces were very good. Replied promptly and sent out my watch almost instantly!! Would definitely recommend this company. 

Quick and easy service, top boys running the show 

Very reliable and professional seller with great quality products. Super satisfied with my purchase.

Just took delivery of my beautiful Rolex Datejust 26 mm original factory dial blue vignette with diamond indices !! From the brilliant Tom @ TB timepieces Great value best watch collection on the internet !!! Authentic clear More

Thank you Tom for being a part of my first watch purchase. 5 star experience from start to finish. Would highly recommend purchasing from this shop.

Tom and George were both extremely helpful and arranged for the repair of my much treasured watch. It was returned to me quickly and fully working again and I had full confidence in leaving it with them. I will not hesitate to visit again and will be recommending TB Timepieces to others

Recently purchased a watch from these guys and it was a fantastic experience. Tom was very helpful and communicated with me every step of the way. The watch was exactly as described and arrived safely and securely.

Im very satisfied! Fast response, quick answers to my questions and the watch was exactly as described.

A first class experience with professional responses to my uncertain questions. As a first time user of Chrono24 there was a little nervousness on my part but all fears sorted by Tom. I am the proud owner of a fabulous brand new Rolex. I couldnt be happier. Based on my positive experience, I recommend TB Timepieces.

From minute one, the service I received was first class from Tom. Nothing was too much trouble. Phenomenal service, replying promptly at all times. I will definitely use this company again and couldnt recommend Tom highly enough. Thank you very much.

Excellent service from start to finish - would definitely recommend! Communication was outstanding!!! TB Timepieces Thank you Tom and his team were very helpful and friendly
    Kind regards.Kamil

Got my new watch today as 30th birthday present and really happy its the exact watch I wanted. Tom was really helpful and knowledgeable for someone who was a first time buyer was greatly appreciated would definitely recommend to a friend! Thanks again Tom :)

Bought my watch off Timepieces via Chrono24. Absolutely love it and a seamless process. Tom responded to questions really quickly. Would buy from here again! Highly recommend

Purchased my first Rolex from TB Timepieces and the experience couldnt be any better. Spoke to Tom and George about a couple of watches I had been looking at and found my dream watch. Both helped me the whole way and I highly recommend them. Will definitely be using again in the near future!

Best in the business! Can source absolutely any watch, wouldn't go anywhere else!

Amazing team of people. Wonderful customer service, simply the Best. pleasure doing business with you guys.
    Thank you.

Tom and George are a pleasure to deal with. They were very informative and knowledgeable. Was made to feel very comfortable. Thank you both - will be back soon! Jason

Great service and fast communication. Will def. buy from the seller again.

Excellent service from start to finish - would definitely recommend! Communication was brilliant and my watch was delivered within a few days. Everything was exactly as described and Im so pleased with my purchase

Bought a Submariner off Tom and couldnt be happier. The watch is great as was the first class service from Tom . Will definitely be returning . Nick

Great communication, and Im very happy with the watch

Tom was very helpfull and and professional.
    Would definitely recommend TB timepieces if you are looking for a new watch.

Excellent service! My watch arrived on time and exactly as described.

Brought a watch from TB timepieces, fantastic service, would thoroughly recommend them.

Brilliant shop, Tom is so helpful and very knowledgeable. The watch I purchased is beautiful & in excellent condition. Would definitely recommend to friends & family and will purchase again myself in the future. Thank you x

Tom was amazing, top guy. So lovely and professional,I absolutely love my new watch it was just as described I will definitely be back in future and recommend Tbtimepieces to other people. More

Great watch - as described. Good communication from Tom. Very pleased.

I recently purchased a Rolex from TB Timepieces and I had a great experience. The watch is in excellent condition, and the service provided both in-store and after the purchase was lovely. The staff knew their stuff and were super helpful, More

The watch is incredible and in pristine condition. Shipping was basically instant and response time was impeccable. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Great experience! Offer a huge selection with great friendly customer service and in depth knowledge about all the watches. Would highly recommend!

Excellent service and would recommend. I will be buying from Tom again. 

Gave my watch to them on consignment and they sold it very quickly! Ive also taken another watch to be polished by them! Top customer service and quality, would highly recommend!

Had a great experience at tb timepieces ! Tom was great and really went the extra mile

Excellent service, these guys really know their stuff. Really good value as well.

Excellent service, these guys really know their stuff. Really good value as well.

Sourced the exact watch I was after and for a fair and reasonable price. Tom I believe his name is, made me feel extremely comfortable of the purchase of my first Rolex. Can't thank him enough, fully recommend.

Fantastic service! Answered all my questions and a super quick turn around. Highly recommend.

Dealt with Tom at TB timepieces numerous times now, could not recommend him enough. Competitive prices and is always helpful with any queries I have.
    Looking forward to dealing with them again in the near future.

The watch of my dreams! Amazing service and super quick turnaround! Thank you so much

Purchased two watches here, and I had a watch which needed to be repaired. Repair came out perfect and loving the watches and had a great variety to choose from. Thanks

Outstanding service!
    Great product at a great price. I was kept informed throughout the whole deal.
    Will use again.

Tb timepieces I have use a few times. Great service .great items . Always on point. Always answer any questions or worries I had. Great team thanks
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Good reviews and plenty of business. Why Tom replied to this thread to be insulted, I'll never know. Shame really as it's always nice to get to know dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Good reviews and plenty of business. Why Tom replied to this thread to be insulted, I'll never know. Shame really as it's always nice to get to know dealers.
    Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I don't understand the insinuations. Why don't you look at customer feedback? Google has 49 reviews, all from the last seven months, every single one of them is 5 stars.

Suppose that ends the discussion, right?

Always great service.

Great guys to business with ! A plus
    Honestly do not hesitate if you are thinking of pulling the trigger.. i have sent these guys funds and have not seen the item so sure I am on what they tell me condition wise.

Great watch, great service and communication, would highly recommend.
    Lovely watch, exactly as described, quick delivery too. Thank you

Dealt with George in TB Timepieces and it couldn't have been a smoother experience. More

Amazing service, Tom was so helpful and really knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend.

Great communication very happy with the watch arrived promptly after posted
    Fab condition would buy from this place again

Tom at TB Timepieces was great! I came in with a budget in mind and Tom was able to find me exactly what I was looking for all within my budget. Would use TB again!

Tb timepieces were very good. Replied promptly and sent out my watch almost instantly!! Would definitely recommend this company. 

Quick and easy service, top boys running the show 

Very reliable and professional seller with great quality products. Super satisfied with my purchase.

Just took delivery of my beautiful Rolex Datejust 26 mm original factory dial blue vignette with diamond indices !! From the brilliant Tom @ TB timepieces Great value best watch collection on the internet !!! Authentic clear More

Thank you Tom for being a part of my first watch purchase. 5 star experience from start to finish. Would highly recommend purchasing from this shop.

Tom and George were both extremely helpful and arranged for the repair of my much treasured watch. It was returned to me quickly and fully working again and I had full confidence in leaving it with them. I will not hesitate to visit again and will be recommending TB Timepieces to others

Recently purchased a watch from these guys and it was a fantastic experience. Tom was very helpful and communicated with me every step of the way. The watch was exactly as described and arrived safely and securely.

Im very satisfied! Fast response, quick answers to my questions and the watch was exactly as described.

A first class experience with professional responses to my uncertain questions. As a first time user of Chrono24 there was a little nervousness on my part but all fears sorted by Tom. I am the proud owner of a fabulous brand new Rolex. I couldnt be happier. Based on my positive experience, I recommend TB Timepieces.

From minute one, the service I received was first class from Tom. Nothing was too much trouble. Phenomenal service, replying promptly at all times. I will definitely use this company again and couldnt recommend Tom highly enough. Thank you very much.

Excellent service from start to finish - would definitely recommend! Communication was outstanding!!! TB Timepieces Thank you Tom and his team were very helpful and friendly
    Kind regards.Kamil

Got my new watch today as 30th birthday present and really happy its the exact watch I wanted. Tom was really helpful and knowledgeable for someone who was a first time buyer was greatly appreciated would definitely recommend to a friend! Thanks again Tom :)

Bought my watch off Timepieces via Chrono24. Absolutely love it and a seamless process. Tom responded to questions really quickly. Would buy from here again! Highly recommend

Purchased my first Rolex from TB Timepieces and the experience couldnt be any better. Spoke to Tom and George about a couple of watches I had been looking at and found my dream watch. Both helped me the whole way and I highly recommend them. Will definitely be using again in the near future!

Best in the business! Can source absolutely any watch, wouldn't go anywhere else!

Amazing team of people. Wonderful customer service, simply the Best. pleasure doing business with you guys.
    Thank you.

Tom and George are a pleasure to deal with. They were very informative and knowledgeable. Was made to feel very comfortable. Thank you both - will be back soon! Jason

Great service and fast communication. Will def. buy from the seller again.

Excellent service from start to finish - would definitely recommend! Communication was brilliant and my watch was delivered within a few days. Everything was exactly as described and Im so pleased with my purchase

Bought a Submariner off Tom and couldnt be happier. The watch is great as was the first class service from Tom . Will definitely be returning . Nick

Great communication, and Im very happy with the watch

Tom was very helpfull and and professional.
    Would definitely recommend TB timepieces if you are looking for a new watch.

Excellent service! My watch arrived on time and exactly as described.

Brought a watch from TB timepieces, fantastic service, would thoroughly recommend them.

Brilliant shop, Tom is so helpful and very knowledgeable. The watch I purchased is beautiful & in excellent condition. Would definitely recommend to friends & family and will purchase again myself in the future. Thank you x

Tom was amazing, top guy. So lovely and professional,I absolutely love my new watch it was just as described I will definitely be back in future and recommend Tbtimepieces to other people. More

Great watch - as described. Good communication from Tom. Very pleased.

I recently purchased a Rolex from TB Timepieces and I had a great experience. The watch is in excellent condition, and the service provided both in-store and after the purchase was lovely. The staff knew their stuff and were super helpful, More

The watch is incredible and in pristine condition. Shipping was basically instant and response time was impeccable. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Great experience! Offer a huge selection with great friendly customer service and in depth knowledge about all the watches. Would highly recommend!

Excellent service and would recommend. I will be buying from Tom again. 

Gave my watch to them on consignment and they sold it very quickly! Ive also taken another watch to be polished by them! Top customer service and quality, would highly recommend!

Had a great experience at tb timepieces ! Tom was great and really went the extra mile

Sourced the exact watch I was after and for a fair and reasonable price. Tom I believe his name is, made me feel extremely comfortable of the purchase of my first Rolex. Can't thank him enough, fully recommend.

Fantastic service! Answered all my questions and a super quick turn around. Highly recommend.

Dealt with Tom at TB timepieces numerous times now, could not recommend him enough. Competitive prices and is always helpful with any queries I have.
    Looking forward to dealing with them again in the near future.

The watch of my dreams! Amazing service and super quick turnaround! Thank you so much

Purchased two watches here, and I had a watch which needed to be repaired. Repair came out perfect and loving the watches and had a great variety to choose from. Thanks

Outstanding service!
    Great product at a great price. I was kept informed throughout the whole deal.
    Will use again.

Tb timepieces I have use a few times. Great service .great items . Always on point. Always answer any questions or worries I had. Great team thanks
    What's great about Google reviews is that they are always genuine and never fake.

In an unrelated post, I received this series of WhatsApp exchanges from a 'recruiter' a month ago

Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd December 2023 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Have to admit, this was my first thought. All very samey and using plenty of key words. But Im a cynical bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Have to admit, this was my first thought. All very samey and using plenty of key words. But Im a cynical bastard.
    If you compare them to the Google ratings of former watch shop in their neighbourhood, you'll find a lot of similar key words. Might have been the same "service" provider.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the majority view is Caveat Emptor

Craftsman
    Embarrassing.
    who for ?!

Question

Embarrassing.
    How so/who for please Tony?

Master
    Seems like age discrimination going on here.

Steve Jobs founded Apple at 21.

Mark Zuckerberg at 19 co-founded Facebook

Bill Gates co-founded Microsoft age 20.

At age 14 Isambard Kingdom Brunel studied under the prominent master clockmaker and horologist Abraham-Louis Breguet, who praised Brunel's potential in letters to his father. In late 1822, having completed his apprenticeship, Brunel returned to England. He was 16. He designed Clifton suspension bridge at 25 and became chief engineer of the GWR at 27.

Young entrepreneurs: More than 24,000 people under the age of 25 started a business last year in the UK https://www.instantoffices.com/blog/...entrepreneurs/

Unless there is any evidence of wrongdoing by TB Timepeices, I think we should all shut up and give the guy a break.
    Last edited by Tiny; 24th December 2023 at 07:12.