closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sardinia Supercar Crash

Sardinia Supercar Crash

I am not sure if this has been posted already, but I have just spotted the details of this on social media.

Really shocking.
    Reports are that two people were killed and others injured. The driving 'skills' on display in the clip are awful.

https://www.sardiniapost.it/cronaca/...dellincidente/

https://imgur.com/gallery/oYXjueI

Master
    Terrible at every level. Appalling driving, I just hope the campervan driver is OK as he was the only innocent party amongst the other madness of vanity overtaking.

Saw that somewhere yesterday, but not the aftermath.

It doesn’t matter what he was driving just a complete idiot, why would you even contemplate doing that

Saw the video yesterday without context, but there was a second video from a handheld after the crash and you can see that something is on fire. Really sad to learn the details.

The driving overall is shockingly poor, but that blue Lambo was belligerent and erratic. Completely pointless loss of life.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    The driving overall is shockingly poor, but that blue Lambo was belligerent and erratic. .
    Yes but the red ferrari should have anticipated it pulling out given they were all being idiots weaving in and out and it was cruising into the back of the camper van and had a wheel well onto the other side of the road looking to pull out. Unfortunately anticipation is a dying art in driving.

I just read that it was the people in the Red Ferrari that died, it caught fire and they didn’t get out

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Yes but the red ferrari should have anticipated it pulling out given they were all being idiots weaving in and out and it was cruising into the back of the camper van and had a wheel well onto the other side of the road looking to pull out. Unfortunately anticipation is a dying art in driving.
    Oh 100%, that Lambo should've been given a lot of room just based on their positioning on the road (not to mention almost hitting the bike coming the other way) and just overall erratic movements. But every one of those drivers exhibited really poor behaviour and road sense.

Roads are safer today.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, really hope the innocent RV occupants are ok.

Master
    That's awful. The lady in the car with the camera exclaims leck mich am arsch, doesn't quite seem the right time for that sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    I hope the people in the RV weren't injured. Idiocy being shown by those drivers was off the scale, and the occupants of the Ferrari paid the ultimate price.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

"Markus Krautli, 67, and his wife Melissa, 63, lived in Wellisellen, a Swiss town in the Canton of Zurich. They had rented the Ferrari to participate in the Sardinia supercar experience, a three-day tour from the south of the island to Olbia."

"Those on board the camper suffered minor injuries"

"Markus, 67, was the boss of multi-national logistics firm Krautli, and a supercar enthusiast who often shared his adventures on social media. Melissa, 63, worked in HR for the same company."
    Last edited by Der Amf; 5th October 2023 at 13:17.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Idiotic. Blue lambo even overtook with a biker coming the other way also. That poor campervan.

Master
    All idiots I think - overtaking on a road like that

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    All idiots I think - overtaking on a road like that
    100%
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Idiotic. Blue lambo even overtook with a biker coming the other way also.
    The near miss with the biker was somewhat overshadowed by the events that took place shortly afterwards, but was also nearly a life changing/ending event for the biker too.

An unbelievable display of stupid driving - in any type of car.

Blog Entries
    Imagine what the biker's thoughts were after seeing the video!

I first thought that the people in the blue Lambo got killed. It looks as if the car shoots under the campervan, decapitating the middle part of the Lambo.

Classic case of people thinking that driving a fast car somehow gives them licence to drive like an idiot.

Zero sympathy for the occupants of the Ferrari, someone was going to die or get injured based on the standard of driving, I'm just glad that no-one innocent was killed. I hope the police throw the book at the other drivers, that's manslaughter not dangerous driving.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 5th October 2023 at 15:15.

I'd put the blame at the door of the Ferrari myself.

The Lambo was obviously positioned to overtake and the Ferrari seemed to swerve back in and catch it.

I can't agree with all the "Can't overtake on a single carriageway road" posters here. Assuming it's legal (or was there a solid white line?), people can overtake you on a single-carriageway road as long as they don't break the speed limit.

I see this all the time, you pass someone on a single-carriageway road and they flash you as if you've done something wrong.

I would look for an opportunity to pass a slow moving campervan on a road like that,but I wouldn't try to go 3 wide as the Ferrari did!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Assuming it's legal (or was there a solid white line?), people can overtake you on a single-carriageway road as long as they don't break the speed limit.
    The whole clip has a solid white line..........enough said!

Master
    Blog Entries
    People who paid a heavy price; just because you drive a fast car it doesn't make you a good driver ... just gives you more scope to get yourself in a mess.

Solid white line for the full duration of that clip; I assume in Italy that means the same as here.
    Last edited by Montello; 5th October 2023 at 18:20.

I did think when I saw the video the super cars must be rented. They weren’t driving them like they owned them.

Sad for the loss of life but what a relief the victims weren’t in the RV.

I wonder if it would have made the news if it was simply the motorcycle who was pummelled.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Classic case of people thinking that driving a fast car somehow gives them licence to drive like an idiot.

Zero sympathy for the occupants of the Ferrari, someone was going to die or get injured based on the standard of driving, I'm just glad that no-one innocent was killed. I hope the police throw the book at the other drivers, that's manslaughter not dangerous driving.
    Well one of the occupants of the Ferrari wasn’t driving but was killed…

Master
    Blog Entries
    Deffo the fault of the Ferrari but also the lambo should be using them mirrors. Just mad how one minute you're enjoying life and a split second later it's gone.

Did the Ferrari flip do you think? Seems strange they couldn't get out of a soft top if it went on fire.

Did the Ferrari flip do you think? Seems strange they couldn't get out of a soft top if it went on fire.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Yes, and no doudt they would have asked the driver to drive more safely or to be allowed to get out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes, and no doudt they would have asked the driver to drive more safely or to be allowed to get out.
    Perhaps, or maybe was ignored. Or perhaps this was the first dangerous manoeuvre which resulted in a crash

No doubt sounds a bit like she’s been found guilty of something, and definitely not an innocent fatality

Perhaps, or maybe was ignored. Or perhaps this was the first dangerous manoeuvre which resulted in a crash

No doubt sounds a bit like she’s been found guilty of something, and definitely not an innocent fatality
    Others may think differently but no-one in those 'supercars' has my sympathy.

True, but it appears they were a willing passenger in a convoy of card being driven completely without regard for the safety of others.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Ouch.

Ouch.

Jeeeeze they don't build them like a Volvo etc ☹ R.I.P what an awful way to go😞 😢

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I wonder if it would have made the news if it was simply the motorcycle who was pummelled.
    Certainly not, also unlikely had it been any car apart from a Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren or of course a Tesla.

Nor mine, dangerous deadly idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    People who paid a heavy price; just because you drive a fast car it doesn't make you a good driver ... just gives you more scope to get yourself in a mess.

Solid white line for the full duration of that clip; I assume in Italy that means the same as here.
    Yes- solid white line means none of them should have been overtaking/
    Only consolation is the deceased Ferrari driver was most to blame and the
    camper van occupants survived…..
    That doesn’t alter the fact the poor wife of the Ferrari driver died aswell

Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Why ?
    Behaved like dicks, risking lives of others.

I’m not a very sympathetic person though and suppose they were just pushing on/making progress…

Why ?
    Why have sympathy for drivers who think it's ok to risk other people's lives for a but of fun? Anger is my reaction.

They only have themselves to blame.

Behaved like dicks, risking lives of others.

I’m not a very sympathetic person though and suppose they were just pushing on/making progress…
    It had nothing to do with what they were driving, some of them were driving like idiots, if it was a sanctioned or official tour the police are usually warning traffic and controlling junctions, in Italy they encourage the drivers to go faster

It had nothing to do with what they were driving, some of them were driving like idiots, if it was a sanctioned or official tour the police are usually warning traffic and controlling junctions, in Italy they encourage the drivers to go faster
    My sympathies aren’t related to what they were driving.

As for police involvement, no sign of that here.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's ok then. They should divert more campers onto the roads, see who can flip the most.

Craftsman
    Herd mentality? Seems to me that they wanted to stay together as a group and had the mentality that if the driver in front made the overtake then they would too, no matter what the risk. I’m a reasonably experienced biker and have seen it so many times on group bike rides. It turns some people into idiots.
    It’s why I will only ride in small groups with riders I know and trust.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Whenever I see cars like this they are crawling round city centres in circles at 6 miles an hour being driven by what looks like Russian gangsters

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    Herd mentality? Seems to me that they wanted to stay together as a group and had the mentality that if the driver in front made the overtake then they would too, no matter what the risk. I’m a reasonably experienced biker and have seen it so many times on group bike rides. It turns some people into idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yep, people binning it or going into the back of other bikes

Master
    That's the "guns don't kill, people do" argument, to which I'd say - true, but without guns, people kill a whole lot less. Similarly, if you're driving a VW Passat you're not likely to try an overtake unless you're certain you can make it and have thought it through - in a Ferrari the same driver might very well think "I can make it" with fatal consequences.

Edited to add - this is one of the (many) reasons I stopped riding on the road. I'd seen too many people getting hurt on group rides and realised I was part of the problem for taking part.

I rode in the Moto giro d'Italia and the standard of the police outriders was appalling, they had us riding through villages at ridiculous speed.

I’m a reasonably experienced biker and have seen it so many times on group bike rides. It turns some people into idiots.
    Same for me nowadays.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Those car groups have a determination to stay in 'convoy' which leads to dodgy manoeuvres - you get the same with bike groups as you allude to. The tail enders just get sucked into the same overtake, not appreciating that everything has changed since the lead rider moved out.

A bike pal once advised - don't ride behind the wife/girlfriend of another rider (when she has her own bike)............ "they ride on the coat-tails of their husband/boyfriend......"

Had to admit - it was true.

Master
    We do many runs with our car club, advice given every time, ‘do not overtake unless safe to do so’ the car in front will wait for you at the next junction, these drivers should have stuck to skateboards.
    And, “ do not overtake the car in front unless invited to do so” prevents competitive driving.
    Last edited by Pitfitter; 7th October 2023 at 13:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    A bike pal once advised - don't ride behind the wife/girlfriend of another rider (when she has her own bike)............ "they ride on the coat-tails of their husband/boyfriend......"

Had to admit - it was true.
    I know a whole family like this Dad (BMW 1000r) Mum (MV Brutal) Daughter (675 Street triple) and daughters boyfriend (MT09)

Dad overtakes and they all follow, doesn’t matter if the tail ender (usually the daughter) is now approaching a bend, double whites or any other hazard, she’ll still follow the others. I can’t bear the thought of what will eventually happen so I make my excuses and don’t ride with them anymore. Shame because they’re lovely folk, but just won’t listen when I offer advice about not blindly following the rider in front.

Master
    Driving in Scilly this summer, we saw these kind of manoeuvres every few minutes of every trip. Many occasions I had to take evasive action to avoid oncoming vehicles. I was continuously planning where I could (relatively) safely run off the road to avoid head on collision.