closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder p/x system ...fair

Watchfinder p/x system ...fair

So seen a watch on W/F site i fancy and was toying with part exchanging my Breitling against it ,are they fair on price? i was hoping the deal would be sweeter this way I dont mind putting a little towards there watch

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    So seen a watch on W/F site i fancy and was toying with part exchanging my Breitling against it ,are they fair on price? i was hoping the deal would be sweeter this way I dont mind putting a little towards there watch
    In my experience, you’ll be shafted in terms of a trade allowance. It should be a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    In my experience, you’ll be shafted in terms of a trade allowance. It should be a last resort.
    I would agree with this Tony, it feels as though they take the 'double whammy' approach in their offers, making a chunk on the watch you are after and an eye on a decent mark up on the one you want to trade in.

Their prerogative entirely but it never feels as though they are weighting things to get the deal done.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    My experience has been the opposite of those below. I’ve px’d 4 times with them over the last year or so, and on all I’ve felt that their offer was fair - certainly on a par with (or in same cases more than) i would have got for them on SC, and with no faf, waiting or low ball offers.

Master
    Some offers are derisory. It will depend how much stock they have already on the watch you want to part ex. If you can tie it in with an offer they sometimes run - early in the year they ran a £150 discount on a first purchase. That made my trade in ok. I’ve only managed one deal through them out of about 4 or 5 attempts.

Well I’ve sent details of my watch and the watch I would like to trade against , see if they come back to me

they came back too low to do the deal.......

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    they came back too low to do the deal.......
    Did you tell them it was too low as they came back to me asking what I was expecting uk I couldn’t be bothered to get back to them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    If you do a trade (or sell a watch to them), my advice is to never check back to see what they have listed it for 👀 lol

They sent me an offer and the difference was £125 between watches which was great but didn’t make sense, after contacting them he’d made a mistake and it was £1125, he apologised but it was too much for me so left it

Apprentice
    Same as the above comments. They will lowball your watch trade in as low as possible, so low in fact you won't even reply.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    My experience has been the opposite of those below. I’ve px’d 4 times with them over the last year or so, and on all I’ve felt that their offer was fair - certainly on a par with (or in same cases more than) i would have got for them on SC, and with no faf, waiting or low ball offers.
    My experience has always been the same. I have found them extremely fair with a p/x.

Craftsman
    Inspired by this very thread I enquired about a part exchange
    and the deal they proposed is very fair .So going to go ahead and have my first transaction with Watchfinder.Full review to follow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    My experience has always been the same. I have found them extremely fair with a p/x.
    Same for me in most cases

Have pxd once and we’re ok , the watch is selling at 3800/4K they offer 2k so a bit off

Master
    They seem to make more of an effort on Richemont brands for trade in. Which makes sense from their owner POV.

Master
    Got offered a trade value of 1.9k for my pelagos 39 which made me ignore the email (they list a used one for 3.6k!)

But for the first time they’ve chased to ask what would be the figure I had in mind to trade and they would consider it. I suppose they are struggling and will do a deal

Craftsman
    They may be low but they are still buying from somewhere though.

I got quotes from them before when I sold some watches, was roughly 10% less than what I sold the watches for in the end which I don't think was actually bad if I wanted a hassle free sale.