closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Victor Vescovo’s Omega

Victor Vescovo’s Omega

My day job is in ocean science & seabed survey, and today I was at a conference in Edinburgh where ocean explorer Victor Vescovo was telling us about his Five Deeps expedition a few years ago where he became the first person to dive to the deepest part of each of the Ocean basins.
    Of watch interest, he added that he likes Omega watches and had them as his only corporate sponsor for the missions.
    He showed a picture of the Planet Ocean Ultra Deep that has a dial created using data points from the Kongsberg EM124 Multibeam echo sounder he was using. Was an interesting aside from our technical presentation.
    Apparently he gave to watch Omega presented to him to Cassie Bongiovanni, his head of mapping operations as a thank you for her efforts :)
    You can read more about the original missions at https://fivedeeps.com - his later missions focused on the ‘ring of fire’ around the Pacific.
    Cheers
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victor Vescovo’s Omega

Thanks for that - all very interesting, and am enjoying that link.

I only knew of The Ring of Fire recently, from one of the Octonauts films - both my kids really loved the cartoons, and they are incredibly informative!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What an incredible experience and wonderful gift to remember it by. Thanks for sharing!