closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega/indie service/possible repair 1337

Craftsman

Omega/indie service/possible repair 1337

Hi, looking for recommendations for a service/possible repair on a Omega 'Jacques Mayol' st396.0900 quartz cal 1337. The watch has been lying battery free for about the last year or so. I have tried 2 different new batteries and nothing. Could anyone recommend someone on here that deals with quartz, a good indie or is STS the best place to go?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I`m definitely not recommending myself on this one, here's why:

The older quartz movements are far more challenging to fix and often require parts that I can`t source. It's not that I don`t like them, they're very nicely engineered and have a quality feel, but they do end up needing parts when they're old.

I strongly recommend STS or Omega, possibly Duncan Potter at Genesis, but in my opinion this has to go to someone who can access parts. The last one I fixed ran OK but was eating batteries every 9-10 months which isn't good, it was the best I could do and at least the watch ran.

The watch looks nice, well worth sorting out, but there will be a significant cost, it isn`t like servicing a later (90s) ETA quartz movements which are very straightforward.

Craftsman
    Thanks for your reply, mate, and comment on the watch, appreciated.

I know these movements weren't the best, and parts are getting harder to find if required, hence the post for recommendations. I'll see if anyone else replies over the next couple of days, and if not, I'll phone STS.

Thank you :)

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I have my dad's old 1337 and have been trying to get a new movement for it for about the last five years. No luck. They go wrong, usually the time setting button, and the only way I have found to source them is to buy a working watch and harvest the movement. BUT, and there are two buts here, your starting point for a working 1337 is about £250, and they are often described as "working but the time setting button no longer works"
    Caveat emptor