closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Facebook issue - Meta Copyright Infringement

Facebook issue - Meta Copyright Infringement

Woke up this morning to my find username changed to the above, and the account locked. When trying to log in it does not recognise my old email or phone number, I have not received any emails from Facebook about password changes or anything. I used my wife's account to search for my account and its gone.

I have tried to email Facebook, but not sure if anything will happen.

Has anyone had this before and managed to get your account back.

I don't really use Facebook much anymore, but would rather get it back than lose it all.

Sounds like your account got hacked and because then it was used to spam or sell something dodgy it got blocked by facebook

https://cybernews.com/security/faceb...ingement-scam/

Thanks, I did see that but I have never received such an email and have never have not sent my details to anyone or on any emails.

Reading that post it looks like people can't contact facebook at all and not much you can do.

Master
    Facebook pretty much do what they want . Never use it for anything important .

Master
    My wife got herself banned from any selling sites on FB a while back. We have no idea why, she only bought and sold childrens clothes etc.
    We have tried and tried to get through to them but with no success at all. There simply isn't a contact point other than an automated reset which simply doesn't work.
    They are a bit of a nightmare when their system decrees what must be but you don't know why.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    My wife got herself banned from any selling sites on FB a while back. We have no idea why, she only bought and sold childrens clothes etc.
    We have tried and tried to get through to them but with no success at all. There simply isn't a contact point other than an automated reset which simply doesn't work.
    They are a bit of a nightmare when their system decrees what must be but you don't know why.
    Its entirely possible someone made a fabricated complaint against her . Possibly they felt she was stealing their patch or just someone being vindictive.

Facebook is full of loonies like that and unfortunately your recourses are pretty much non existent.

Craftsman
    I've been 'restricted from advertising' on Facebook for over a year now. No reason given, no way to communicate with them about it. Very strange as I'm certain I did nothing wrong. Maybe I got hacked? Who knows. I guess I'll never know!

emailed all the Facebook emails I can find but have not heard anything back and don't think I will. Account is still showing the same, will just set another up at this stage, just frustrating to lose all the pictures etc over the last 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    emailed all the Facebook emails I can find but have not heard anything back and don't think I will. Account is still showing the same, will just set another up at this stage, just frustrating to lose all the pictures etc over the last 20+ years.
    Awful that they don't at least give you the right to download your data. This story has prompted me to download all of my data from Facebook as a backup, don't really use it much anymore but would hate to lose the history.

Steps here for anyone considering doing the same: https://www.alphr.com/download-all-photos-facebook/