closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any recommendations for buying used/refurbished iPhones ?

Any recommendations for buying used/refurbished iPhones ?

With the 15 about to come out i'm thinking we should perhaps update our two Xs for the 12 pro or max.

giffgaff, Back Market, musicMagpie etc.

Had good results from Back Market. Three out of four phones in current use were from there and still going strong. Descriptions were accurate and battery health was all good.

I've bought android and iphones from them as well. No issues.

Just got a iPhone 11 from Music Magpie, it came as advertised, speedy delivery too.

Avoid Smart Celluar, ordered a phone the week prior and it looks like they take money but do not actually have stock, managed to get money back fairly easily through Paypal.

Master
    Bought from CEX and would happily do so again.

Master
    Not ann answer to your question, but I just bought the Iphone SE 2022 voor €400 new. Great Iphone for relative not to much money. Might save you the hassle of second hand?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Avoid giffgaff, like many when they say refurbished I think they just wipe it down with a damp cloth and very hard to communicate with when gone wrong.

Apple direct is best.

Probably best avoid eBay too.

Some adverts make me laugh, eg. 'Re-Sealed SEALED BOX'.

Craftsman
    I’ve used the refurb section a few times with good savings and the added bonus of a warranty.

Worth a look as some have a decent saving.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/iphone

Craftsman
    I’ll have a 13 pro 256GB in mint condition after my 15 pro comes next week - I’d happily sell it to a TZer for the same price as the recyclers are offering

Craftsman
    Had quite a few for family via Music Magpie over the years. The 'Good' rated ones are very close to 'Very Good' in my experience, so worth saving 30-50+ quid. Also snagged a bargain Apple watch SE gen 2 from FB market place last week.. definitely worth an eye out, but be picky obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    I’ve used the refurb section a few times with good savings and the added bonus of a warranty.

Worth a look as some have a decent saving.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/iphone
    This is the only place that I'll purchase a refurbished iPhone from now, having bought from Music Magpie and Black Market previously but needed to replace batteries within a year or so. All Apple refurbished iPhone models come with a new battery, new outer shell and have a one-year warranty and are worth paying a few quid more for IMO.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I’ll have a 13 pro 256GB in mint condition after my 15 pro comes next week - I’d happily sell it to a TZer for the same price as the recyclers are offering
    Might be interested in that - let me know.
    Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    This is the only place that I'll purchase a refurbished iPhone from now, having bought from Music Magpie and Black Market previously but needed to replace batteries within a year or so. All Apple refurbished iPhone models come with a new battery, new outer shell and have a one-year warranty and are worth paying a few quid more for IMO.
    Very true,a more detailed response than mine and the best.

We have been into the Dyson products for some time now and after buying the first couple from the likes of Currys I have gone direct to Dyson for there refurb deals, hovers, fans, hair dryers etc and all like new and saved a few ££s which is why I would go direct to Apple for the iphones I think but as I said in another post................

we have given it a lot of thought and decided that for the £1000 plus we would spend to upgrade to the 12 or better we wouldent get anything really that would do anything great for us, we text, phone, check the weather, BBC notifications, take a few photos, check the lotto and use Hive and thats about it and the 10(X) of mine and the XR of the wifes does these things effortless so we will save the £1K for now.

I’ve just bought a new 13 128gb for £599 from an Apple Store. They took my 12 mini in p/x and gave me what I considered a decent price.

Everything was transferred across whilst I waited and the assistant was very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

Try the Fone Store.Bought an ipad pro from them about 3 weeks ago.Excellent service,great products and good prices and choice.

I buy tech etc from CEX quite regularly. They come with a 2 year warranty also for peace of mind

Mark

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Just got a iPhone 11 from Music Magpie, it came as advertised, speedy delivery too.

Avoid Smart Celluar, ordered a phone the week prior and it looks like they take money but do not actually have stock, managed to get money back fairly easily through Paypal.
    Used them too. No issues.

The OP is no longer buying a phone. Next …

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The OP is no longer buying a phone. Next …
    Thanks for monitoring my WTB but............... never say never especially when a 14 comes up on SC for £500 ish :)

I bought my SE2 off Ebay and it was mint condition for $300 Canadian. Should be good for awhile

Your phones released in 2017. Mine in 2020 and discontinued in 2022. Your phone is still listed as a good buy

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Thanks for monitoring my WTB but............... never say never especially when a 14 comes up on SC for £500 ish :)
    This isn't a WTB, it was asking for advice that ultimately wasn't required…… But keep your trigger finger ready because SC's going to be full of them very soon.

Personally, I'm happy with the X I bought off SC for £120