closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mr. Jimmy (Page)

Mr. Jimmy (Page)

This 'rockumentary' about Japanese Jimmy Page tribute artist Akio Sakurai looks like it could be interesting:

Good grief!

There used to be an Elvis themed Chinese restaurant down the Old Kent road where the owner Paul Chan would do his Elvis impersonations.

Top man - known as the King of Wok n roll. People loved him down there.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    'There's a guy down at the chips shop swears he's Elvis...'

This is 13 yrs old, but still fantastic to hear and view:

Master
    Blog Entries
    Love Jimmy absolute legend. Never forget seeing them live to many many moons ago when I was 15.

Master
    Great guitarist and innovator who influenced music greatly.

Just a pity about his relationship with Lori Mattix (Maddox) when she was only 14.

Master
    Well there was the Brazilian girl as well but the film Almost Famous references what went on. It was the 70s and ladies/girls were queuing up. Watched Mr.Jimmy and he is out on tour with Jason Bonham but I watched the O2 show recently and there is Page and the imitators. Astounding playing and the rest are just copies albeit good ones

Mr. Jimmy (Page)

I saw Zeppelin 3 times in the 70's Page was incredible until the drugs effected his playing. I've seen JP a few times outside of Zeppelin and he's been pretty average, though at Reading in 1998 he played really well. Zeppelin was his vehicle, outside of that he seemed a bit lost.

I've watch the Jason Bonham Tribute on u tube, but he does not seem to take it out of the USA where he lives now. Mr Jimmy is probably the best Page imitator, though there are are a few out there. If you look up JCM on U Tube he produces a Zeppelin documentary where he discusses all things Zeppelin, its so good.

My mates met Jimmy Page in 1984 at a English Civil War re-enactment
    battle. Jimmy was with Roy Harper, he was off Heroin but a full on alcoholic. My mate got on so well with him, that he visited Jimmy at his home 'The Old Mill House' a few times, (its where Bonham died) he stayed over a few times, he said Jimmy was great company but incredibly introverted. I guess that why Keith Richards calls him 'shy boy'.
    Me at Knebworth 79’ Jimmy Page just out of shot!
    Last edited by wildheart; 18th September 2023 at 10:18.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I saw Zeppelin 3 times in the 70's Page was incredible until the drugs effected his playing.
    I saw Zeppelin once in the '70s (Knebworth) and Jimmy was lamentably sloppy and clumsy by that time. Great shame, glad he's still with us though; many of the illicit substance dabblers of that era aren't.