closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Forums stopping Tapatalk access

Master

Forums stopping Tapatalk access

I’m a member of a few forums and access them via Tapatalk. I’ve been advised that following a change in ownership of Tapatalk they will be ceasing to support access via Tapatalk.

Anyone know if this affects TZ ?

Got a bunch of those emails today also.

Tapatalk certainly has it's faults but overall provided a good experience.

Master
    Yes i got the same message. Made it sound like something in the T&Cs that the forum didnt like. Be interesting to know whats changing.

I run a forum and Tapatalk does have many issues - especially security faults. Many forum software suppliers recommend you don't use it. I do as many members like it though.

Haven't heard anything about this new change - will have to look into it.

TZ is working for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I had a couple of emails this morning from forums I use on tapatalk both saying that they will no longer be available from later this month due to the new owner.

It looks to me like a choice they made and it’s up to the forum owners to decide whether to continue to allow access through tapatalk.

Got the email from WatchUSeek just now. Didn’t think I had an account there but must do.

We originally granted Tapatalk access to our forum in order to provide a better mobile experience for our members. Last month, Tapatalk notified us that they are changing ownership. After reviewing their service, other forums’ experiences, and member feedback, we have decided to wind down Tapatalk’s access to WatchUSeek Watch Forums on Sep 21, 2023. This means that WatchUSeek Watch Forums will no longer be available on Tapatalk after that date.

Please note that your account information and password have not changed. If you need to reset your password, you may request a new password here.

We realize that some of you use Tapatalk regularly, and apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatives include the mobile web view of the forum and the Fora app, which is available for iOS and Android

Thank you for your continued support of WatchUSeek Watch Forums. If you have questions, feel free to DM us on the forum.

– The WatchUSeek Watch Forums team

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Got the email from WatchUSeek just now. Didn’t think I had an account there but must do.
    KTM forum

We originally granted Tapatalk access to our forum in order to provide a better mobile experience for our members. Last month, Tapatalk notified us that they are changing ownership. After reviewing their service, other forums’ experiences, and member feedback, we have decided to wind down Tapatalk’s access to KTM Owners Forum on Sep 21, 2023. This means that KTM Owners Forum will no longer be available on Tapatalk after that date.

Please note that your account information and password have not changed. If you need to reset your password, you may request a new password here.

We realize that some of you use Tapatalk regularly, and apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatives include the mobile web view of the forum and the Fora app, which is available for iOS and Android

Thank you for your continued support of KTM Owners Forum. If you have questions, feel free to DM us on the forum.

– The KTM Owners Forum team”

… and the iX forum

We originally granted Tapatalk access to our forum in order to provide a better mobile experience for our members. Last month, Tapatalk notified us that they are changing ownership. After reviewing their service, other forums’ experiences, and member feedback, we have decided to wind down Tapatalk’s access to BMW iX Forums on Sep 21, 2023. This means that BMW iX Forums will no longer be available on Tapatalk after that date.

Thank you for your continued support of BMW iX Forums. If you have questions, feel free to DM us on the forum.

– The BMW iX Forums team

Interesting that the wording is so similar.

Wonder what the new terms are?

Had never heard of the Fora app but will wait for someone smart to see which app harvests the least data before jumping in.

I'm not doubting a change of ownership at Tapatalk but I wonder how many of the forums disconnected from TT are owned by or run by Vertical Scope.

Anyone still miss Philip? I bet he doesn't miss this place - I imagine his PTSD might have worn off by now.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I'm not doubting a change of ownership at Tapatalk but I wonder how many of the forums disconnected from TT are owned by or run by Vertical Scope.

Anyone still miss Philip? I bet he doesn't miss this place - I imagine his PTSD might have worn off by now.
    Member 'ach5' had quite a bro-crush with Philip, ISTR. I wonder if it remains unrequited?
    ______

​Jim.