closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone going to the Boat Show?

Craftsman

Anyone going to the Boat Show?

Is anyone thinking about visiting the boat show in Southampton this month?

https://www.southamptonboatshow.com/

It's a great day out and you are able to get on board and have a look around some of the big ticket luxury yachts as well as 100's of smaller boats, something that maybe of interest to some. The main exhibition area is outside and the majority of the boats are moored in the purpose built marina.
    There are lots of discounted ticket deals around on the web.

I'm planing to go with a mission to persuade Mrs R to upgrade our current Merry Fisher.

Had a look and it’s dog friendly as well…might try and pop down there with the missus and pooch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Google Maps it's 1.66 miles from my house.
    Throughout my life I've lived in houses 1.43, 2.45 & 2.53 miles from the show & I've never been.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    According to Google Maps it's 1.66 miles from my house.
    Throughout my life I've lived in houses 1.43, 2.45 & 2.53 miles from the show & I've never been.
    Can I park on your drive?!!

Seriously though, if it's a nice day it's not a bad way to spend a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Can I park on your drive?!!

Seriously though, if it's a nice day it's not a bad way to spend a few hours.
    There's free parking closer than our place. Besides, we can only get one car in. Sorry.
    Try Landgaurd Road, Atherly Road, Arthur Road, Stafford Road. Or if you don't like the look of those, go North of Raymond Road.
    If you're feeling expecially lazy there is free parking on most of the roads off Shirley High St. (A3057) to the North if Paynes Road / Howard road (known locally as Foyes corner). Busses then run regularly into town, every 10 mins or so during the day.

HTH

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    There's free parking closer than our place. Besides, we can only get one car in. Sorry.
    Try Landgaurd Road, Atherly Road, Arthur Road, Stafford Road. Or if you don't like the look of those, go North of Raymond Road.
    If you're feeling expecially lazy there is free parking on most of the roads off Shirley High St. (A3057) to the North if Paynes Road / Howard road (known locally as Foyes corner). Busses then run regularly into town, every 10 mins or so during the day.

HTH
    Cheers, I was kidding.
    We always park in the shopping center multi storey, it's a 5 min walk to the show from there.

I’ve got 2 complimentary tickets from a friend so will go depending on weather
    I usually drop the car at Hythe and then cross the solent on the Hythe ferry
    Makes a nice little trip and avoids the southampton traffic.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I’ve got 2 complimentary tickets from a friend so will go depending on weather
    I usually drop the car at Hythe and then cross the solent on the Hythe ferry
    Makes a nice little trip and avoids the southampton traffic.
    Shopping for anything?

I shall be manning the Roto-tech stand as a customer, I had the first dedicated Rescue boat by them in this country and was partly to blame for them coming in! I had seen them and was looking for an importer/distributor. Mark Pullinger was the Commercial Liaison Director at yamaha marine for decades and when I pointed them out to him he said, 'how come in all those years of working at Yamaha we never knew about them?' Roto-tech have been one of the biggest rotomoulded producers in Europe for 30 odd years! The liesure boats are just as impressive.

Last edited by Kairos; 12th September 2023 at 13:55.