Thread: The Championship Fred 23/24

Thanks QPR, you were magnificent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to Leicester.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Congrats 🍺
    Ta!

Been nice joining in with everyone on this thread…. But, I guess I’m banned now!

I’ll miss no VAR!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Congratulations to Leicester.
    Ta!

Yes, VAR is the negative about promotion to the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Ta!

Been nice joining in with everyone on this thread…. But, I guess I’m banned now!

I’ll miss no VAR!

- - - Updated - - -

Ta!

Grand Master
    Up the tigers tonight to at least make Ipswich nervous
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Blog Entries
    Yes, VAR is the negative about promotion to the EPL.
    No match going fan likes…. Takes the edge of goal celebrations

Craftsman
    Great performance from QPR.
    I really don't need to say how poor we were.
    Another playoff to look forward to.

Quite depressing last night...Leeds don't exactly have decent play-off pedigree and the worst thing is going into them low on form and confidence. Still, I remain hopeful!! If Hull win tonight though..

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

The Championship Fred 23/24

Hill still have a chance of the play offs so will be well up for the challenge. Coventry on Tuesday is a different matter though.

I haven’t totally given up hope but I’m certainly expecting a third place finish.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mappa View Post
    Thanks QPR, you were magnificent!

you're welcome.

that was a great display which goes to make ridicule of our league position, but then we go and lose against our fellow relegation rivals, making them look like CL contenders! This manager came in when we were favs for relegation and with modest squad adjustment in January has basically refloated the titantic; we were that shite!

Leeds mates were worried about Bamford being out, although he rarely does well against us and has said he hates Loftus Road. The match stats seem to give the impression it was mainly Leeds but that goes to prove that stats are BS. I thought we marshalled the game very well and were worthy of the win.

having no midweek game probably assisted us too as we are prone to cocking up or doing a no-show after midweek matches and Leeds had the ding dong at Boro.

Master
    another point regarding last nights game and not one that I take any pleasure from sharing but feel needs to be shared....

our stadium was renamed in honour of Kiyan Prince, a former youth player stabbed to death in a playground whilst defending a friend being bullied in 2006.

his father Dr Mark Prince OBE set up a foundation in his honour to help try and prevent knife crime amongst children and has worked tirelessly since. Whilst talking to the crowd at half time about the foundations work and trying to raise awareness and funds the Leeds fans got bored and started booing him. This was audible enough for him to challenge them over the mike and get shouted down by the home fans.

Given this is the very same club that recently stopped a game to applaud the memory of 2 fans stabbed to death in Turkey, any Leeds fans there last night who took part in this are an absolute disgrace to the club and humanity in general and should be utterly ashamed of their behaviour.

Blog Entries
    This is a massive game for us and such a hard one wanting the scummers to win.

I think a draw would see us safely in the playoffs

Pitch

Grand Master
    There is hope!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman
    Death by a thousand cuts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    This is a massive game for us and such a hard one wanting the scummers to win.

I think a draw would see us safely in the playoffs

Pitch
    You’re done… a shot at the big time!

Blog Entries
    You’re done… a shot at the big time!
    A few years back your words to me were Norwich have made yo yoing respectable. Maybe, just maybe, we may have another go…..

We made an on form Swans look very shaky this afternoon, we had two cleared off the line. We are the in form team plus Rowe and Lungi back fit as well.

Feeling good about the coming weeks

Good luck tomorrow pal.

Pauly.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    There is hope!
    Yeah - but it's the hope that kills you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    A few years back your words to me were Norwich have made yo yoing respectable. Maybe, just maybe, we may have another go…..

We made an on form Swans look very shaky this afternoon, we had two cleared off the line. We are the in form team plus Rowe and Lungi back fit as well.

Feeling good about the coming weeks

Good luck tomorrow pal.

Pauly.
    I will be at Deepdale Paolo…. Got tickets for me and Theo…. Couldn’t resist

I fancy either you or WBA in the play offs….

Yeah - but it's the hope that kills you.
    It’s certainly not doing my heart condition any good.

But we will know on Tuesday whether it’s all over or not, I can’t imagine Ipswich not winning at home against Huddersfield next Saturday.

Master
    So a key part of the season comes down to how a team running on fumes, playing for nothing and recently robbed of an FA Cup final spot do at home tomorrow night?!

I'm sure my lot will "do the right thing", but for instance why risk any player you're hoping to sell in a few weeks time and I'd expect Robins to use at least the QPR game as a chance to blood a few youngsters and try a few new things, he must be tempted tomorrow.

Amazed we got a draw at Blackburn, the side gave 110% but are clearly struggling to lift themselves now and performance level just wasn't there.

Blog Entries
    Yay!!!

Yay!!!
    Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks…. Was great fun at Deepdale…. Everyone had a party for the whole game…!

Congrats Leicester, a deserved title. At least we pushed you this far. Hopefully we can join you and get the results we need tomorrow and Saturday.

Agreed, congratulations to Leicester, deserved champions although you did look like you were intending to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the later stages of the season.

I’m just hoping that Coventry do us a favour tonight as Huddersfield almost certainly won’t on Saturday.

Master
    I will be at Deepdale Paolo…. Got tickets for me and Theo…. Couldn’t resist

I fancy either you or WBA in the play offs….
    congratulations; that was a worthwhile trip!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Agreed, congratulations to Leicester, deserved champions although you did look like you were intending to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the later stages of the season.

I’m just hoping that Coventry do us a favour tonight as Huddersfield almost certainly won’t on Saturday.
    Cov look like they've had enough. The semi and subsequent tired (understandably) performance against Hull look to have finished their season off.

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    Cov look like they've had enough. The semi and subsequent tired (understandably) performance against Hull look to have finished their season off.
    I know but after the pasting your guys gave us, I’m clutching at straws.

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings but she’s warming up the vocal chords right now.

Blog Entries
    Congrats Leicester, a deserved title. At least we pushed you this far. Hopefully we can join you and get the results we need tomorrow and Saturday.

Thanks…. Some big games to determine automatics…

I’m predicting WBA for the play offs

Blog Entries

Thanks…. We really did nearly screw it up…. Could end up on 100 pts now…

Cov have nothing to play for…. But, who knows after this dramatic season

Blog Entries
    congratulations; that was a worthwhile trip!
    I was at Plymouth too…. Totally toxic

Many fans are soooo fickle!

Yesterday was one big party…. The best away end I’ve ever experienced…. We just didn’t shut up…. I can barley talk this morning!

Blog Entries
    I was at Plymouth too…. Totally toxic

Many fans are soooo fickle!

Yesterday was one big party…. The best away end I’ve ever experienced…. We just didn’t shut up…. I can barley talk this morning!
    Every cloud and all the malarky.......LOL

Nice one

Paolo

Master
    The ref is a Sheffield Wednesday supporter so we really have no chance to beat Ipswich...
    Last edited by thegreatdogwood; 30th April 2024 at 16:52.

Master
    Pleased for Leicester fans, although I'm uncomfortable that they're potentially going to have broken financial fair play rules two years running.

I expect Ipswich to get second and there's a pleasure in what a great achievement that is and how it gives hope to so many clubs as to what is possible.

I don't expect Leeds to get through the play offs, assuming that's where we end up, and I'd probably prefer a successful year in the EFL to a survival battle in the PL but I'm still hoping they can sneak into second!

Well I think that’s congratulations to Ipswich and another season in the Championship for Leeds.

Well I think that’s congratulations to Ipswich and another season in the Championship for Leeds.
    I hope so! That was a nervy watch for me. Was it equally so for a Leeds fan?

Blog Entries
    I think that’s probably it now…. Ipswich have been sensational in fairness

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so! That was a nervy watch for me. Was it equally so for a Leeds fan?

Exciting times for the Tractor boys!

Looks like some achievement from Ipswich. Despite being a Leeds fan, I hope the Tractor Boys don't become complete Whipping Boys in the PL. Let's just hope if Leeds don't go up, they hold onto some of their big players...but could be a complete decimation of the marquee names.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Well done to Ipswich they fully deserved it.

Master
    Well done Ipswich, great achievement. You showed a lot of energy, spirit and organisation against us last night.

I joked about the ref being a Wednesday fan, I don't know where the linesman was from but I've got to say he had a shocker on the decisive goal. Edmundson a good yard offside, clearly active as he challenges for the header directly from the free kick making a 2 on 1 against Simms and then goes down looking for the penalty!

Last edited by thegreatdogwood; 1st May 2024 at 09:03.

You need VAR....said nobody ever.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Well done Ipswich, great achievement. You showed a lot of energy, spirit and organisation against us last night.

I joked about the ref being a Wednesday fan, I don't know where the linesman was from but I've got to say he had a shocker on the decisive goal. Edmundson a good yard offside, clearly active as he challenges for the header directly from the free kick making a 2 on 1 against Simms and then goes down looking for the penalty!

You need VAR....said nobody ever.
    There should be no need VAR on that one but they’re the breaks.

No problem though, if Ipswich had drawn, we would have still had hope for Saturday. Best to get the disappointment over now!

Master
    I would keep VAR but change the application for offside.

Trying to draw a conclusion down to the last toenail is total nonsense when the technology is not that accurate and as we found out against Man U the person drawing the lines puts it on top of the defenders boot costing us a final spot!

It is supposed to be clear and obvious and should carry forward the preface of favouring the attacker. So just agree and apply a margin, so for instance instead of it being given offside for a toenail, the lines have to be a minimum of six inches, or maybe even a foot apart. At that point it starts to become clear and obvious and is more reflective of the actual margin for error that is inbuilt into the process.

if Ipswich had drawn, we would have still had hope for Saturday. Best to get the disappointment over now!
    Nah - we'll hammer Southampton on Saturday and Huddersfield will have a rare win over Ipswich. Perhaps.

Nah - we'll hammer Southampton on Saturday and Huddersfield will have a rare win over Ipswich. Perhaps.
    That’s so impossibly unlikely that even I’m not holding out for that to happen!

Best to get the disappointment over now!
    If Leeds stay in the Championship the fans should be ecstatic. I know a few fans and they've been a pleasure to be around this year and they've enjoyed going to the football. Last season they were miserable, not sure why they'd want to go through that again.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    If Leeds stay in the Championship the fans should be ecstatic. I know a few fans and they've been a pleasure to be around this year and they've enjoyed going to the football. Last season they were miserable, not sure why they'd want to go through that again.
    Because to go forward, Leeds have to be in the premiership. Maybe a few years of scraping by (like last time) but hopefully becoming an established premiership team like, say, Villa or Brighton.

Staying in the championship may mean winning more games but that’s settling for second best and if you’re standing still then you’re going backwards

Congratulations Ipswich. What an incredible achievement. To the Prem from the 1st division in consecutive seasons. Amazing job.

Ironic that Blackburn sent Birmingham down as their manager is John Eustace who was sacked by Birmingham this season when they were 6th!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Congratulations Ipswich. What an incredible achievement. To the Prem from the 1st division in consecutive seasons. Amazing job.
    Story of the championship…. Amazing