closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Championship Fred 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    mental that Sheff Weds have won 4 on the bounce but are still second bottom, but win next game and could go up to 16th if other results go their way. Same applies to all teams from 16th to 23rd

meanwhile the top 2 could change again, although Leicester's GD will keep them there for at least another week. Soton now have to fit the rearranged game in hand somewhere too
    That’s going to be a tough game for Leeds tomorrow. Wednesday fighting for survival and on good form are going to be really up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That’s going to be a tough game for Leeds tomorrow. Wednesday fighting for survival and on good form are going to be really up for it.
    I agree. It's not the sort of game that we tend to be good at, and we're also coming off the back of a fairly punishing run of games, with many of the players starting to look quite tired.

Master
    please kindly beat them

Craftsman
    mental that Sheff Weds have won 4 on the bounce but are still second bottom, but win next game and could go up to 16th if other results go their way. Same applies to all teams from 16th to 23rd

meanwhile the top 2 could change again, although Leicester's GD will keep them there for at least another week. Soton now have to fit the rearranged game in hand somewhere too
    Southampton also have their game with Leicester on the 16th postponed as Leicester are in the FA cup.
    They could possibly play it next week otherwise they will carry both into April due to the international break.
    That would really be a big ask for them.

Craftsman
    Big win tonight against a team in some form.
    Lets see what tomorrow brings

Leeds were dominant, did more than enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    Big win tonight against a team in some form.
    Lets see what tomorrow brings

It’s getting so tight at the top now, if Leicester lose today, they could only be on top due to goal difference with Leeds in third only two points behind and potentially having a greater goal difference (or at worst, the same). Hull won’t be an easy game either with the home side pushing to keep in the playoffs.

That said, a win for Ipswich at Cardiff isn’t a given either.

Blog Entries
    It’s getting so tight at the top now, if Leicester lose today, they could only be on top due to goal difference with Leeds in third only two points behind and potentially having a greater goal difference (or at worst, the same). Hull won’t be an easy game either with the home side pushing to keep in the playoffs.

That said, a win for Ipswich at Cardiff isn’t a given either.
    Hull away ain’t going to be easy

Wow what a collapse from Ipswich!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Wow what a collapse from Ipswich!
    Yeh, very out of character for us. We’ve drawn and won plenty with late goals in recent weeks. That’s football, plenty more twists to come I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hull away ain’t going to be easy
    Even more difficult now.

The Championship Fred 23/24

please kindly beat them
    Well we did our bit for you!

I’ve just looked at the bottom of the table and it’s any two from eight to ho down with Rotherham.

Now that is scary for those involved.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 9th March 2024 at 17:43.

Southampton right in it as well, they still have Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich to play!

Southampton right in it as well, they still have Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich to play!
    They’re no longer the masters of their own destiny but they’re certainly keeping the pressure on.

I’m sure there will be a few more twists and turns before the season’s finished.

I’m encouraged that so far this season, Leeds have been getting the results against the other teams in contention.

I’m hoping that by the time Southampton visit Elland Road, it will be all done and dusted from a Leeds point of view.

They’re no longer the masters of their own destiny but they’re certainly keeping the pressure on.

I’m sure there will be a few more twists and turns before the season’s finished.

I’m encouraged that so far this season, Leeds have been getting the results against the other teams in contention.

I’m hoping that by the time Southampton visit Elland Road, it will be all done and dusted from a Leeds point of view.
    They still are masters of their destiny but they'll need to beat Ipswich (they'll go above them) and then beat Leeds by 16 goals (they'll go above them ).

Assuming they don't win 17-1 at Elland Road then they'll need Leeds to drop points.

Craftsman
    Having watched the second half of the Cardiff Ipswich game anything is possible in this league.
    95' and a 100' winner after doing absolutely nothing until extra time.
    Unless Southampton play Preston next week due to the cancelled fixture they will play an extra two games in April, one of those against Leicester.
    I think eight games in February didn't help their form and so getting into the autos going in to the last game of the season is going to be a stretch.

Blog Entries
    Southampton are play off bound…

B@ll@x today for us but point s gained

9 to go, we’re not home and hosed, but not far off…. We look a bit knackered…. A nice FA cup and international break please

Southampton are play off bound…

B@ll@x today for us but point s gained

9 to go, we’re not home and hosed, but not far off…. We look a bit knackered…. A nice FA cup and international break please
    Obviously Ipswich losing has helped but I really don’t think you’re in a position to relax yet.

Master
    well the last week caught up with us yesterday. Boro played with a deep back 5 and despite utterly dominating then for 35 minutes we simply couldn't get the goal, then we seemed to run out if ideas.

they got 1 goal and then with us pushing them for the equaliser, caught us on the break for a second. Poor referee but we simply weren't firing on all cylinders. I hate football! (well this morning anyway)

Craftsman
    well the last week caught up with us yesterday. Boro played with a deep back 5 and despite utterly dominating then for 35 minutes we simply couldn't get the goal, then we seemed to run out if ideas.

they got 1 goal and then with us pushing them for the equaliser, caught us on the break for a second. Poor referee but we simply weren't firing on all cylinders. I hate football! (well this morning anyway)
    All these little runs teams down the bottom are going on makes it impossible to say who the bottom three are going to be.
    We know one but everyone seems to be able to pull a couple of wins together.

Blog Entries
    Obviously Ipswich losing has helped but I really don’t think you’re in a position to relax yet.
    No chance of that!!!

Master
    Saturday evening I hated Boro, this morning I'm quite fond of them.

pretty average team that might now be making a late effort for the play offs, yet arguably the team next below them on points (Sunderland) could still get dragged into the relegation fight after 6 losses.

mental division with likely record points for promotion and relegation this season

Crazy isn’t it?

I’d say anyone down to 11th could potentially get promoted and anyone from 15th (possibly 14th) down could be relegated.

That just leaves Sunderland, Bristol and possibly Watford who are definitely staying put.

Well that’s done Ipswich’s goal difference a world of good!

Well that’s done Ipswich’s goal difference a world of good!
    A great performance after last week. Sheff Wed being terrible at the back helped.
    Could do with a Millwall favour tomorrow.

Craftsman
    Big win for the Massey Ferguson crew.
    Back to business for the bottom clubs after a few decent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mappa View Post
    A great performance after last week. Sheff Wed being terrible at the back helped.
    Could do with a Millwall favour tomorrow.

What, and miss the chance to go top?

You’ll probably get one.

Master
    should have beat the Mackems and had most of the good chances; but would have been more like us to lose after they'd lost 6 on the bounce.

other results were good, with only Hudders picking up a point and some getting proper battered; thanks Tractor chaps for that

2 week break and then 4 games against other lower clubs that define our season

As a Wednesday fan yesterday was horrific. Worst away defeat I’ve ever seen in my 40+ years (missed Newcastle 8-0 in 99). Ipswich didn’t have to do anything special and didn’t get out of second gear. Such an easy win for them - fair play they deserved it and more.

Very weird after losing 6-0 and fans still singing we are staying up and Danny Danny Rőhl.

Also not as bad a position as I expected going into the Leeds and Ipswich games - ending only 1 point adrift. Be interesting- don’t think we’ll do it but also think Birmingham and Blackburn in serious crap

Well that’s Leeds on top for the next couple weeks, it’s hard to believe that Leicester have been caught.

They could easily be back in third place before they play again though.

Well that’s Leeds on top for the next couple weeks, it’s hard to believe that Leicester have been caught.
    I almost feel sorry for Leicester today, going out of the cup and losing the top spot. I did say "almost".

It's nice being at the top, even if it might only last until after the international break. And today's refereeing was woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    I almost feel sorry for Leicester today, going out of the cup and losing the top spot. I did say "almost".

It's nice being at the top, even if it might only last until after the international break. And today's refereeing was woeful.
    For anyone in doubt a few weeks ago, there’s no doubt now that Leicester are now right in the fight.

And let’s not forget Southampton, it’s still any two from four.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 17th March 2024 at 19:03.

Craftsman
    should have beat the Mackems and had most of the good chances; but would have been more like us to lose after they'd lost 6 on the bounce.

other results were good, with only Hudders picking up a point and some getting proper battered; thanks Tractor chaps for that

2 week break and then 4 games against other lower clubs that define our season
    Sunderland aren't the same club without Jack Clarke.

Craftsman
    Good win for Leeds today as it was never going to be a rollover.
    Harris tried to be physical but I thought we coped well.
    It's anyones guess for the top two but I think something will give in the next three or four games.

Master
    Sunderland aren't the same club without Jack Clarke.
    and he had a disappointing loan with us a few years ago, so would have been motivated to play well too.

Master
    Good win for Leeds today as it was never going to be a rollover.
    Harris tried to be physical but I thought we coped well.
    It's anyones guess for the top two but I think something will give in the next three or four games.
    think Southampton's run in will do for them. Won't be able to play the say keep ball against the other top 3 (see also Leicester) and will drop points.

Blog Entries

They could easily be back in third place before they play again though.
    That makes me feel cheery!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post

You’re just borrowing too spot and we still have a game in hand…!

Squeaky bum time

Blog Entries
    Hold on buddy, could be a Wolfie/Pitch beer or two in the playoffs. Our form is coming together and there is always one team making a late dash………..nah, Narrich are a wobbly as a pissed weeble

Hang on in there son xx

That makes me feel cheery!!

You’re just borrowing too spot and we still have a game in hand…!

Squeaky bum time
    You do have a game in hand but you are well and truly back in the fight zone.

That game in hand is a double edged sword though, you have to fit it in in the very congested post international period. Southampton have an additional two to fit in though.

I’m going to go out on a limb though and say that I think Leeds and Ipswich will get the automatic promotion spots.

Blog Entries
    You do have a game in hand but you are well and truly back in the fight zone.

That game in hand is a double edged sword though, you have to fit it in in the very congested post international period. Southampton have an additional two to fit in though.

I’m going to go out on a limb though and say that I think Leeds and Ipswich will get the automatic promotion spots.
    No doubt about it…. The game is well and truly back on…. And our form is well and truly flakey…. We are capable as we dominated Leeds for 80 mins, but the game last 90 of course…. We didn’t look out of place against Chelsea either…

You could be right! And we might be the playoffs…. Anyone of 3 of us could be in the play offs…

Any two of four, don’t write Southampton off yet.

I know it won’t be easy but they could take three points off each of the top three team which (assuming everyone wins all their remaining games) would put them above Ipswich, level on points with Leeds and only three points behind Leicester.

It wouldn’t take much of a slip up by Leeds and Leicester to see Southampton top the table with Ipswich finishing second.

It really is so close right now, no one can afford to relax.

I agree that both Leeds and Leicester performed well against Chelsea but we both lost.

Craftsman
    Five Leeds players involved in the Wales Finland play offs tonight.
    Hopefully no injuries.

Blog Entries
    Five Leeds players involved in the Wales Finland play offs tonight.
    Hopefully no injuries.
    Fingers crossed 🤞!!!

Fingers crossed 🤞!!!
    Oi! Let’s play nicely now.

Craftsman
    Fingers crossed 爛!!!
    Haven't Leicester just been charged with a breach of FFP, although it won't make a difference this season.

Blog Entries
    Oi! Let’s play nicely now.
    Couldn’t resist 😜. Soz!!!

Haven't Leicester just been charged with a breach of FFP, although it won't make a difference this season.
    Yep…. By the PL…. I think you’re in the frame too? It appears anyone not in top 6 seems to have an issue from what I can see!

Master
    right then, that's all of the international break BS done with; back to the real matter at hand on Friday!

Leceister and later on Leeds bookending a full set of fixtures

Looking at Fridays fixtures I can see the top of the table staying exactly the same, with each of the top four teams three points better off.

Looking at Fridays fixtures I can see the top of the table staying exactly the same, with each of the top four teams three points better off.
    It's definitely going to be decided by who drops points from now on rather than who wins games.

Just hope that Dan James is not demotivated by last night, and that Ampadu and Roberts only have minor injuries.

Craftsman
    Only once since the new year have all four teams won in the same weeks fixtures.
    That's one in thirteen.