closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 364

Thread: Swatch x Blancpain

  1. #251
    I am a bit of a fan, will try and get one later this year for a fun holiday, diving watch.

    Not everything has to be ultra serious and whats not to enjoy about a colourful watch with a nudibranch on the back.

  2. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I cannot wait for the BondSwatch version of the Seamaster 300...
    You just know it's going to happen

    Sent from a technical device.

  3. #253
    Craftsman carlt69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Looking at eBay not a single person who purchased one wants to keep it! I really donít think the resellers will have the same amount of success with this time around. Folk hopefully know they will be readily available soon with the only limiting factor being able to physically get to a point of sale. Anyone who pays more than a few quid over retail needs to give their head a wobble.
    Yup your right there, thereís bloody loads!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #254
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    When you say white, do you mean the orange or the greyish one? I thought the grey one would be preferable but thought it very ordinary and was really taken by the dial and bezel of the blue one.

    This was from viewing them in the glass display case - they had all 5 watches out for people to peruse at the counter and this unfortunately meant that everyone making a purchase lingered unnecessarily. Never mind.
    Yep the grey one

    I had the titanium blue fifty fathoms and the blue one is very reminiscent of that for sure

  5. #255
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Tbh I donít mind them and I want one now haha!

    Pain in back side for me as I donít live close to any of the stores!

    Artic or Antarctic for me

  6. #256
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,161
    Sold prices on t'Bay in the £650 to £800 range, with Atlantic's getting top price so well worth a flip
    Last edited by J J Carter; 10th September 2023 at 10:32.

  7. #257
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    929
    Today in glasgow

    Blue sold out first, then grey, then orange, then green with the last remaining the yellow

    Still gutted I never got one but got a fun moonswatch instead


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #258
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    15,242
    I checked two or three e-bay listings and all had Edinburgh sales receipts. I was up there a few weeks ago, but the good people didn’t strike me as the types who need to make fantastic from plastic. I thought they were all walking around with a Nautilus or an Aquanaut on the wrist. Some money in that city.

  9. #259
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Today in glasgow

    Blue sold out first, then grey, then orange, then green with the last remaining the yellow

    Still gutted I never got one but got a fun moonswatch instead


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that would be my order of preference too. Although actually it's only the blue and grey I'd consider.


    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  10. #260
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I think that would be my order of preference too. Although actually it's only the blue and grey I'd consider.


    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Yeah those were the two I was after

    To be honest I stayed in the line thinking if I was gonna get one I might be tempted by the orange

    Apart from the big group of 30 or so Chinese people that seemed to be part of an organised group I heard so many people in groups of two with one buying one to flip to pay for the other their partner was buying. So frustrating

    On the flip side these wee guys stayed out overnight with their parents and had the watches straight on their wrist when exiting the shop with no intent to sell. Good on their parents for that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #261
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    515
    I queued out overnight in London (quite an experience to say the least!) and managed to get a Swatch Blancpain Atlantic. It was funny (or sad depending on what way you look at it) watching a gang of about ten or so Ďwatch enthusiastsí in front of me all dashing in and out of the store (much to the bemusement of the Swatch staff and security people) to pay for them all utilising exactly the same credit card. Anyway, the watch itself is nice (as long as you accept it for what it is) and Iím glad I got one but donít think I could be arsed doing that again.

  12. #262
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    8,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Savvy business then, no?
    It is almost like they know what their doing, and their marketing experts are actually that & understand brand values. Who would have thought!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #263
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,161
    >to pay for them all utilising exactly the same credit card<

    Hope the true owner is refunded by the issuing bank!

  14. #264
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    929
    Iíll be honest here in that I had always turned my nose up at moonswatches

    As I said I got one yesterday as a bit of a consolation prize as I couldnít get the blancpain.

    I really like the moonswatch. It kind of reminds me on why I got first into watches in the first place - a bit of fun rather than chasing more expensive watches as the years go by

    Think Iím gonna try collect them all over the next year or two


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #265
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    >to pay for them all utilising exactly the same credit card<

    Hope the true owner is refunded by the issuing bank!
    Iím sure heíll be refunded from the profits he makes from eBay and elsewhere!

  16. #266
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Iíll be honest here in that I had always turned my nose up at moonswatches

    As I said I got one yesterday as a bit of a consolation prize as I couldnít get the blancpain.

    I really like the moonswatch. It kind of reminds me on why I got first into watches in the first place - a bit of fun rather than chasing more expensive watches as the years go by

    Think Iím gonna try collect them all over the next year or two


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I initially really wanted a MoonSwatch, then lost interest over time as was never willing to pay above retail. It does make me think that when we visit the Swatch store next Month that is these new ones are unavailable, the new shiny Blancpain might mean I'll have a far more realistic chance of picking up the old novelty MoonSwatch.

    Still not sure though, I've been really trying not to buy any more watches but on the rare occasion we go away somewhere it certaibly incresases likelihood of impulse buys.

  17. #267
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I initially really wanted a MoonSwatch, then lost interest over time as was never willing to pay above retail. It does make me think that when we visit the Swatch store next Month that is these new ones are unavailable, the new shiny Blancpain might mean I'll have a far more realistic chance of picking up the old novelty MoonSwatch.

    Still not sure though, I've been really trying not to buy any more watches but on the rare occasion we go away somewhere it certaibly incresases likelihood of impulse buys.
    In Glasgow they had everyone available apart from Neptune so pretty easy to get Iíd say now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #268
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,159
    Looking on ebay at Sold listings and seems that the sales have dried up now since the weekend, so might not of been a great flip for some.

  19. #269
    Grand Master Passenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    23,605
    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    Looking on ebay at Sold listings and seems that the sales have dried up now since the weekend, so might not of been a great flip for some.
    Could even say it was a flash in the Blancpain

  20. #270
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Could even say it was a flash in the Blancpain
    Badda tishhhh

    I do hope so and that gives people a chance to get one who do actually want one not just to flip straight away for profit. Of course we all do flip but to try it out first!

  21. #271
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    42,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Could even say it was a flash in the Blancpain
    Very good!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  22. #272
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    15,242
    Still no wrist shots from buyers on here or is that so they can be described as unworn

  23. #273
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    969
    Had a look at them in the Trafford Centre Pop Up Store last night.

    No stock but the yellow Peli Case was out with all the examples in.

    Blue and Grey looked quite nice. Green and Yellow just nasty imo. Orange more subtle than expected.

    Security out in force, embarrassing as nobody there except me and a friend.

    Most MoonSwatches in stock barring Neptune and Mercury.

  24. #274
    £340 for a disposable plastic watch, count me out 🤷*♂️, but I quite like the look of the blue one 🤦🏻*♂️

  25. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post

    Green and Yellow just nasty imo.
    To be fair, thatís the whole point. The nudibranch colours warn potential predators that they taste nasty!

  26. #276
    Craftsman ozzyb123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Could even say it was a flash in the Blancpain
    Very good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #277
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Has anyone here managed to get one? Wanting to see some real pics (not edited on social media)

    Seen they have stopped selling on eBay now! So hopefully when Iím in London later this month Il be able to pick one up

  28. #278
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    5,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    To be fair, thatís the whole point. The nudibranch colours warn potential predators that they taste nasty!
    Good point, surely one of the only watch ranges intentionally coloured to be unappealing.

  29. #279
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Has anyone here managed to get one? Wanting to see some real pics (not edited on social media)

    Seen they have stopped selling on eBay now! So hopefully when Iím in London later this month Il be able to pick one up
    Is the hype dying down? I'd like one, but not willing to line up for it.

  30. #280
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Has anyone here managed to get one? Wanting to see some real pics (not edited on social media)

    Seen they have stopped selling on eBay now! So hopefully when Iím in London later this month Il be able to pick one up
    Just had a quick look on eBay sold listings, they seem to still be selling well enough between £500-£600(some people must surely have more money than sense), where there's a couple hundred super quick zero risk profit to be made I suspect the scalpers will still be out in force.

    I was hoping to get one when I visit London next month but I think my initial excitement has died down now so won't be gutted if they are sold out.

  31. #281
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Just had a quick look on eBay sold listings, they seem to still be selling well enough between £500-£600(some people must surely have more money than sense), where there's a couple hundred super quick zero risk profit to be made I suspect the scalpers will still be out in force.

    I was hoping to get one when I visit London next month but I think my initial excitement has died down now so won't be gutted if they are sold out.
    Annoying that after fees, the profit is so small, but they still consume all the watches that real end buyers want to buy...

  32. #282
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Just had a quick look on eBay sold listings, they seem to still be selling well enough between £500-£600 (some people must surely have more money than sense) ...
    Completely sensible comment for a WIS on a watch forum.

  33. #283
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    Annoying that after fees, the profit is so small, but they still consume all the watches that real end buyers want to buy...
    It is annoying very true, but the profits are definitely not small for a youngster or someone not well off. £340 retail price, say £600 on ebay listed during a fortnightly 80% off fees deal is still a few hundred quid clear profit. Even £500 is a three figure profit. Not a bad return for a few hours queuing if you need the cash.

  34. #284
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,478
    Had a look at them yesterday in the Oxford Street store. Surprised that I actually liked all of them, not sure I would pay the asking price though.

    I was told next stock is due in tomorrow or Tuesday but people having been queuing from 6am.

    Also had a look at the Moonswatches and also liked them. They had all to buy except Moon, Mercury and Neptune. Nearly bought a Jupiter but the contrast of the hands/dial didnít look great.

  35. #285
    They look totally hideous to my eye and ridiculously overpriced. Very few designs are strong enough to survive the journey to Swatch plastic/bio ceramic/modelling clay. The moon watch was one but the BP is not.

  36. #286
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,094
    None at Battersea power station, these are more popular than I thought!

  37. #287
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    None at Battersea power station, these are more popular than I thought!
    Give it a month or so and you'll get one no problem.

  38. #288
    There is a grey version of one of these on ebay for the bargain price of £1800. Apart from the blue version I didnt realise just how utterly horrible they look, these colours are straight out of a kids pencil case. Anyway, the blue version is on a price drop to £600 on ebay so grab a bargain.

  39. #289
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    8,395
    Was in KaDeWe in Berlin this morning. All were there, all looked nasty in real life. Blue was about the only acceptable one, but felt horrible.

    Couldnít even be bothered to buy one to sell on, or left me that uninspired. Sitting in front of the Swatch concession in T1 and canít be bothered to even look.

    First time feeling the moon swatch too, and again very meh for me. Strap looked so thin, amazed it is 20mm.

  40. #290
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Was in KaDeWe in Berlin this morning. All were there, all looked nasty in real life. ...
    I've not visited Berlin, but that department store is a work of art! I'm surprised at your reaction to the SxB, I thought they looked more impressive than the MS from the photos (not seen one in person) and I was tempted (when the hype dies down).

  41. #291
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Was in KaDeWe in Berlin this morning. All were there,
    You mean available for sale or to see? I'm through Berlin next week and might make a detour if that's the case!

  42. #292
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    8,395
    Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    You mean available for sale or to see? I'm through Berlin next week and might make a detour if that's the case!
    For sale from the brief conversation, I was there as it opened to see what food options they had for a very short window of breakfast timing.

  43. #293
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    For sale from the brief conversation, I was there as it opened to see what food options they had for a very short window of breakfast timing.
    Sounds like it's worth a trip to swing by. Thanks for the heads up!

  44. #294
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,940
    Some photos from London - currently sold out, but more deliveries coming soon and no queues and all on display.








  45. #295
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In the green, green valleys
    Posts
    3,590
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Some photos from London - currently sold out, but more deliveries coming soon and no queues and all on display.







    Jesus, I thought that the moonswatch was cheap garbage, these take it to another level! They look hideous.

    Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

  46. #296
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borrowash
    Posts
    6,538
    Blog Entries
    1
    Saw them in the window of the Covent Garden store, my wife and son both liked them. Iíd happily have one,

  47. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Some photos from London - currently sold out, but more deliveries coming soon and no queues and all on display.







    That looks absolutely atrocious. I'll wait to judge properly when I've seen them in the flesh but if those pics are a decent representation then sheesh!

  48. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    That looks absolutely atrocious. I'll wait to judge properly when I've seen them in the flesh but if those pics are a decent representation then sheesh!
    That was my impression when I saw a few ebay photos of them. I think its best to see them for what they are, a Swatch watch and nothing more.

    Maybe the speedmaster was a good idea as the speedmaster is around 5k (hardly cheap I know) But the Blancpain is touching 15k I cant really see some kid 20-25 thinking "You know what? I will just blow my savings for a mortgage on my first home I will buy a BP 50 fathoms because this plastic watch I have for £400 quid is just so cool.

  49. #299
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    14,414
    Does anyone with limited funds really buy a genuine Speedmaster after having the Swatch?

    I'm sure the hullabaloo around the MoonSwatch created interest in the Omega, but I can't imagine anyone after a £250 watch then went out and bought a £5k one because they liked the style of it.

    I rather like the Pacific Scuba watch, but not for £300+ anymore than the MoonSwatch appeals at £250.

    M

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  50. #300
    Craftsman AshUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland, USA
    Posts
    737
    I've looked at the Moonswatch on 2 occasions, and just cannot justify getting one - i have an early 80's Speedy Pro, and whilst it would be fun to have a coloured one, they leave me a bit 'meh'.

    I've always loved the Fifty Fathoms, but it's out of my price range for sure. When they announced the Blancpain / Swatch collab, I was keen to see what came out, but have been underwhelmed. If anything, it has got me looking at a Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms as a bit of a project, and get something to the specs I want. I'l be close to a Swatch store in a few weeks, so I may change my mind when I see one, but I doubt it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information