closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How to do customer service

How to do customer service

Quite the storey from JG frère today.

Being of a healthy mien, GJGJ had last year acquired a withings watch - you know the ones, Desmond Llewelyn’s fever dream of an Apple Watch, circa 1982. Unfortunately, said withings packed up within a couple of months.

Hale, hearty, and somewhat disillusioned with the extraneous bits and bobs, the youngster (mid forties) decided to look out and spruce up the ancestral Swatch.

No doubt feeling an adulterous flood of guilt when he clapped eyes on the sleeping quartz beauty, he decided to spare no expense in recommissioning and renovation of the Swatch, which had lain neglected for many years.

But not for frère the alleyways and byways of Jeffrey’s Chinese Bazaar, no: he decided to ring Swatch to get the genuine stuff, the good gear.

And, naturally, as befits a maison of this, ahem, calibre, Swatch sent him a new leather strap and battery free of charge. He was then invited to take his watch to the Atelier Swatch on Edinburgh’s Prince’s Street, where they polished out the scratches and made the casework as new. Again, free of charge.

Suffice to say, the Swatch is now his absolutely favourite thing and, in his words, at every point he was made to feel like he’d spent £5k with them.

I appreciate that there will have been some novelty and pride for the swatch staff in being approached over the continuance and restitution of a 22 year old model but, all the same, not unimpressive surely?
    Last edited by JGJG; 1st September 2023 at 20:24.

Craftsman
    I'm not sure you'd get that sort of service from many so called luxury brands.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s a nice story to read, glad your brother is happy.