closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anthony Bourdain - Parts unknown

Craftsman

Anthony Bourdain - Parts unknown

I’m slowly getting through the series parts unknown and I’m falling in love with this series ( currently being shown on Yesterday channel - sky ) I love he’s completely candid and unfiltered view of the places he’s visiting , tragically this guy killed himself

Are there any bourdain fans on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    I’m slowly getting through the series parts unknown and I’m falling in love with this series ( currently being shown on Yesterday channel - sky ) I love he’s completely candid and unfiltered view of the places he’s visiting , tragically this guy killed himself

Are there any bourdain fans on here?

Love all his series and books. Read kitchen confidential countless times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Huge fan, love the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Love all his series and books. Read kitchen confidential countless times.

Good book that.

I have watched loads of his stuff in a random fashion, stumbling across different series. I also listened to Kitchen Confidential as an audiobook. He seemed to be a natural and endearing presenter.

There is a posthumous documentary about him called Roadrunner that is presented like an autobiography, which was a teeny bit controversial for using AI.

"Neville also used an AI model to create audio of Bourdain “speaking” some unspecified lines (with his estate’s permission) that Bourdain had in reality only written down. At best, that was unnecessary, and should have been handled differently or disclosed to audiences. A degree of manipulating reality is inherent in the act of making a film, but the choice is worthy of the serious pushback it’s been receiving."

Full article from Vox here https://www.vox.com/22573903/roadrun...ourdain-review

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Good book that.
    Certainly shaped my thinking of what I order on a Monday, or even eating out at the start of a week!

Absolutely, Kitchen Confidential was book of the week years ago on Radio 4 and I was hooked. Love his work ethic.

Craftsman
    Parts Unknown was one of my lockdown binge watches - I started with episodes covering places I'd visited, and then watched the rest. Bourdain has a great way of chatting with people, and I love the candid nature of the shows. I went to the University Cafe in Glasgow recently, and had the Bourdain Special - fried fish, fried haggis and curry sauce; superb!

Parts Unknown was ace and his best travel series. The episode to the Congo and Myanmar were really good. Watched a couple of other series and quality not as good though- the ‘stopover(?) was a bit forced.
    Kitchen Confidential an essential read also.
    Interesting guy and life

Watched alot of his stuff during lock down, the layover and no reservations are also good programs. Read a bit of his writing writing as well and enjoyed his style. I'll be honest I developed a little man crush on him and even got the same pair of persol sunglasses he wore, oh dear.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Being Vietnamese, I loved the fact that he seemed to have an affinity with Vietnam. The episode where he had a bowl of noddles with Obama was one of my favourite ones.

Another Bourdain fan here, love his programmes and books.
    Particularly enjoy The Layover.

Blog Entries
    And +2 here: my wife and myself. He has shown us parts of countries/cities you’ll never see as a regular tourist.

My wife remembers an episode of him in Singapore. That aired a week before she went to SGP for the first time. She had lunch in two of his ‘spots’ where a tourist never comes and she came back with: it was even better than expected!

Another fan here. I stumbled across his Parts Unknown series around 2 years ago and have been working my way through them all since.

He was a very charismatic presenter and so far apart from most of the food/travel offerings available on the TV.

Big fan of Bourdain and his work, above all he always struck me as a good and genuine human being.

Surprised no one has mentioned his watches yet, he had a varied collection with some nice watches in there.