closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Usyk vs Dubois

Usyk vs Dubois

Poor fight. Dubois has no heart, he’s a quitter. He quit easily tonight just as he did against Joyce. Once he takes a hard shot he checks out. Quitting on that Usyk right hand was embarrassing.

Usyk is class but didn’t need to be tonight.

Would want to see that 'low shot' again, it was borderline and there's an argument to say Dubois should be world champion currently

Craftsman
    Dubois didn't take advantage, borderline blow, no points deducted, fair shot to me. He failed to pepper the jabs out especially double jabs and keep Usyk at range. Fury will dismantle Usyk

Agreed, Fury destroys Usyk. I’ve seen Dubois a few times now and he won’t amount to anything. Del Boy and Dillian White both beat Dubois for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Dubois didn't take advantage, borderline blow, no points deducted, fair shot to me. He failed to pepper the jabs out especially double jabs and keep Usyk at range. Fury will dismantle Usyk

Master
    I don’t think Fury beats Usyk. Usyk is an exceptional fighter, a real warrior and a great champion. Low blow or not Usyk was excellent this evening and won pretty much every round, it wasnt hard for him and neither were his AJ fights.

Fury was good once but he’s just a clown now who’s trying to cash in as much as he can before no one cares anymore and before he gets hurt. All fair enough but Usyk is not that, I can’t imagine him playing games and dodging any fight. I also don’t think the fight will ever happen, I think Fury will continue to dodge the fight and take easier well paid fights against traffic cones.

All IMO of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I don’t think Fury beats Usyk. Usyk is an exceptional fighter, a real warrior and a great champion. Low blow or not Usyk was excellent this evening and won pretty much every round, it wasnt hard for him and neither were his AJ fights.

Fury was good once but he’s just a clown now who’s trying to cash in as much as he can before no one cares anymore and before he gets hurt. All fair enough but Usyk is not that, I can’t imagine him playing games and dodging any fight. I also don’t think the fight will ever happen, I think Fury will continue to dodge the fight and take easier well paid fights against traffic cones.

All IMO of course!
    Personally, I think Fury wins, convincingly; but that remains to be seen. Usyk could have had the fight and his biggest ever pay day against Fury, but held out for a rematch clause - if he was that confident why - as Fury would have been less of a draw then, and Usyk would be undisputed and be able to name his price. Usyk looks outstanding against smaller heavyweights - against the likes of Fury… I’m not so sure.

I don’t blame Fury for wanting to cash in. The fight game doesn’t favour middle aged men. You Tube and PPV have made a circus of lower paid official boxing.

& whilst Usyk performed on the night - that wasn’t a low blow imho.
    It's just a matter of time...

What is sure is that everyone is going to be targeting Usyk's midriff moving forward

I have lost respect for Usyk claiming it hit his balls, even if it was a little low, it was nowhere near his balls and that is certain.

It hit the actual belt when he was not ready and it was so hard that it took his breath away and he could barely move on the floor.

It was never a low blow, it was a legimate punch, Usyk has his shorts pulled up past his navel. Disappointing that the referee couldnt spot that and act accordingly and give Usyk the count. Would Usyk have gotten up and survived? Who knows but its quite telling when Usyk's corner is telling him to stay down and point to his balls. Gave him enough time ot recover, similar to the Henry Cooper episode against Ali, when Ali's glove amazingly tore giving him an extra few minutes to get new gloves on and recover.

Tbf Usyk was a different class but just shows you a good punch from a proper heavyweight and he will struggle. Fury stops him late if they ever face each other.

Master
    Seemed like Dubios gassed out and knew he couldn't win so stayed down. While I would have liked to have seen him continue I can understand why he didn't want to.

I think Fury is too big and too good and Usyk couldn't handle him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The sport of Kings, with Court Jesters running it.

Usyk in Poland, with a crowd full of Ukrainians, and a megafight with Fury on the horizon. Only one outcome was ever going to be allowed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    It was never a low blow, it was a legimate punch, Usyk has his shorts pulled up past his navel. Disappointing that the referee couldnt spot that and act accordingly and give Usyk the count. Would Usyk have gotten up and survived? Who knows but its quite telling when Usyk's corner is telling him to stay down and point to his balls. Gave him enough time ot recover, similar to the Henry Cooper episode against Ali, when Ali's glove amazingly tore giving him an extra few minutes to get new gloves on and recover.

Tbf Usyk was a different class but just shows you a good punch from a proper heavyweight and he will struggle. Fury stops him late if they ever face each other.

You do know that cooper Ali story is a myth. It added 8 seconds to the 1 min between rounds. And the ref dismissed the claim of new gloves needed. It’s one of those lies that’s been told so many times people now believe it as fact

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Personally, I think Fury wins, convincingly; but that remains to be seen. Usyk could have had the fight and his biggest ever pay day against Fury, but held out for a rematch clause - if he was that confident why - as Fury would have been less of a draw then, and Usyk would be undisputed and be able to name his price. Usyk looks outstanding against smaller heavyweights - against the likes of Fury… I’m not so sure.

I don’t blame Fury for wanting to cash in. The fight game doesn’t favour middle aged men. You Tube and PPV have made a circus of lower paid official boxing.

& whilst Usyk performed on the night - that wasn’t a low blow imho.
    Usyk wasn't "holding out" for anything, Fury kept moving the goalposts so he walked away. He did the same with Joshua.

He has history of ducking other fighters.

- David Price early in his career when they where both unbeaten (Price beat him in the amateurs).

- Klitchsko rematch.

- Joshua (more than once)

- Usyk

His last two fights are Chisora who he has beaten twice before and an exhibition bout against Ngannou. That says it all.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    Usyk wasn't "holding out" for anything, Fury kept moving the goalposts so he walked away. He did the same with Joshua.

He has history of ducking other fighters.

- David Price early in his career when they where both unbeaten (Price beat him in the amateurs).

- Klitchsko rematch.

- Joshua (more than once)

- Usyk

His last two fights are Chisora who he has beaten twice before and an exhibition bout against Ngannou. That says it all.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk
    I think Tyson is probably one of the greatest heavy weights boxers ever. He’s a brilliant boxer, and the deciding factor, when he goes against other brilliant boxers is that he’s absolutely huge.

Having said that, the way he’s behaving is not a great look and for the first time I’m starting to think he’s ducking a few fighters. Cunningham could be described as a worse version of Usyk and Fury struggled with him.

Couldn't he have been hit near the upper part of his cup and that pushed against his knackers causing the pain?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I think Tyson is probably one of the greatest heavy weights boxers ever. He’s a brilliant boxer, and the deciding factor, when he goes against other brilliant boxers is that he’s absolutely huge.

Having said that, the way he’s behaving is not a great look and for the first time I’m starting to think he’s ducking a few fighters. Cunningham could be described as a worse version of Usyk and Fury struggled with him.
    Greatest boxer based on what ? Who has he fought that even suggests that?