closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coloured LED strips lighting for kitchen

Coloured LED strips lighting for kitchen

Coloured LED Light strips for kitchen

My electrician has installed power ready to install some coloured LED strips by the plinths. However I have three separate units.

I get the impression that some LED strips are somewhat unreliable, my friend has some for example and when she first turns them on they default to flashing which is annoying.

Can anyone recommend any decent strips which remember which colour they were set to previously?

Also, if I buy three strips, could/would they all work together with a single remote?

Many thanks any help & recommendations

Craftsman
    Our Govee off amazon been working great for me...control settings via app

Master
    I have Hue under my cabinets. Brilliant things and never put a foot wrong. Remote can be set up to control them all & each push can do a different colour / brightness.

Not as cheap as normal strips, but just works so well - especially if you have more of the bulbs in the house & can use Alexa if you are feeling lazy.

Collingwood...

I haven't used their strips but have had their Outdoor lights on 2 houses now and is all I would choose now unless a very good reason otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Collingwood...

I haven't used their strips but have had their Outdoor lights on 2 houses now and is all I would choose now unless a very good reason otherwise.

Craftsman
    I have a Hue compatible transformer under the island which is connected to a 6mtr strip of LEDs from Ebay. I also have a couple of Hue movement sensors which turn them on when you walk into the room to a brightness level which I set in Hue. Works 99.9% of the time but there are occasions when they only come on about 10% brightness and when this happens I reset it by switching off at the wall switch, leave it 30 seconds then switch if on again.
    Most of the time I don't even bother switching on the main kitchen lights when I walk into the kitchen, the island plinth lights are bright enough.

We have Hue. Not cheap but do work well.

Have the strips behind the TVs and a few other places.

Won’t have them in any room with spotlights due to price.

Master
    Also have Hue around the house in and out. Can’t fault them and infinitely controllable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    We have Hue. Not cheap but do work well.

Have the strips behind the TVs and a few other places.

Won’t have them in any room with spotlights due to price.
    I have 8 full colour ones in the conservatory with solid roof. Waste tbh, the colour options are fun for a while, and the nieces love disco party mode, aside from that the white versions are enough to play with warmth.

Kitchen has the under cupboards with coloured, main lights are just the white hues and they make the biggest difference when all are on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing everyone, - I am absolutely clueless in this department so value your experiences 👍

Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    Thanks for sharing everyone, - I am absolutely clueless in this department so value your experiences 
    Can’t your electrician recommend or supply and install some decent led strip?
    The new cob led tape is the best on the market
    For a continuous light source

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I have 8 full colour ones in the conservatory with solid roof. Waste tbh, the colour options are fun for a while, and the nieces love disco party mode, aside from that the white versions are enough to play with warmth.

Kitchen has the under cupboards with coloured, main lights are just the white hues and they make the biggest difference when all are on.

We wasted money on the coloured ones in the beginning and soon learned our lesson but our niece enjoys making google turn the lights pink.

Best part is turning off all the lights with one button when going to bed but I’ve just got a sensor for the one in the porch and can’t quite figure out if I’m an idiot or how to configure it properly. Think we both know the answer there.

Master
    We wasted money on the coloured ones in the beginning and soon learned our lesson but our niece enjoys making google turn the lights pink.

Best part is turning off all the lights with one button when going to bed but I’ve just got a sensor for the one in the porch and can’t quite figure out if I’m an idiot or how to configure it properly. Think we both know the answer there.
    Not sure on the sensor, I just tell Alexa goodnight, and I plunge to darkness. Toyed with the sensor to trigger a light turning on but never purchased I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Not sure on the sensor, I just tell Alexa goodnight, and I plunge to darkness. Toyed with the sensor to trigger a light turning on but never purchased I’m afraid.

We got an outdoor Hue for the porch so figured may as well get the sensor. Think I’ll get and figure it out before I buy the same lights again for the back!

Master
    We got an outdoor Hue for the porch so figured may as well get the sensor. Think I’ll get and figure it out before I buy the same lights again for the back!
    I have a couple of hue bulbs in the outside lights, so a sensor might be good there; let me know if you get it sorted.

Front is just set to come on at dusk and then off when we got to bed. The drive has a ring camera with light which works as our sensor light out front.

Blog Entries
    I can second Collingwood Lighting. I’m sure they also have a 7 year warranty with the product