closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First rolex watch

Apprentice

First rolex watch

Im 27 been saving up to buy my first watch to add to my future collection can anyone recommend where to start or does anyone have anything for sale to get me started

Master
    Are you looking for new or vintage?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    Are you looking for new or vintage?
    New ideally mate

Any particular model? Any particular budget there is a big difference between a gold sky master and a steel OP, only Rolex - no other brand?

What do you currently wear?

The forum has a want to buy area that you can post in once you have built up the required number of posts, hang around enjoy the forum, interact a bit and you will soon get there (sorry not trying to be condescending)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhayes1oak View Post
    New ideally mate
    Have you tried the shops?

Master
    Yes pop into town and have a browse round Bond/Regent Street I'd suggest.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Any particular model? Any particular budget there is a big difference between a gold sky master and a steel OP, only Rolex - no other brand? Budget 15k and rolex only because my late grandad was a lover and as for model id love a sky dweller

What do you currently wear? Apple watch 🤣

The forum has a want to buy area that you can post in once you have built up the required number of posts, hang around enjoy the forum, interact a bit and you will soon get there (sorry not trying to be condescending)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Have you tried the shops?
    Yeah they all have waiting lists im on them still have not heard anything

Im 27 been saving up to buy my first watch to add to my future collection can anyone recommend where to start or does anyone have anything for sale to get me started
    Do you have in mind what model you want? Does it have to be Rolex, if so any particular reason?

If not, and you like a certain style, diver, date, chrono etc, plenty of options elsewhere from other brands and the same or cheaper price.

If however it does have to be Rolex, as far as I'm aware (with the Watches of Switzerland group - Goldsmiths, Mappin & Webb) you can only register your interest on 3 watches and it helps if not doing this at multiple branches.

Stick to one thats local to you and you might see this pays dividends.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Do you have in mind what model you want? Does it have to be Rolex, if so any particular reason?

If not, and you like a certain style, diver, date, chrono etc, plenty of options elsewhere from other brands and the same or cheaper price.

If however it does have to be Rolex, as far as I'm aware (with the Watches of Switzerland group - Goldsmiths, Mappin & Webb) you can only register your interest on 3 watches and it helps if not doing this at multiple branches.

Stick to one thats local to you and you might see this pays dividends.
    Yeah mate went before with my grandad and put my name down and still not heard nothing and ideally i want to stick with rolex start with a sky dweller build my collection around that

Yeah mate went before with my grandad and put my name down and still not heard nothing and ideally i want to stick with rolex start with a sky dweller build my collection around that
    How long ago did you register interest? Not uncommon to wait a couple of years for a less desirable model than the Sky Dweller. If you are looking for something new but without the wait, try chrono24.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    How long ago did you register interest? Not uncommon to wait a couple of years for a less desirable model than the Sky Dweller. If you are looking for something new but without the wait, try chrono24.
    3-4 years now and oh ok ill have a look thankyou

Craftsman
    Very fortunate to be in a position to buy a Rolex at 27 years old! I wouldn't have even dreamed of buying a Rolex at that age. Not that I'm that much older (31) but even now I still couldn't comfortably afford one.

Based on the OP’s 2 x vague question threads (this one and the old one linked to above), let me suggest being specific about what you want, whether that be a watch you want to acquire or a portfolio of properties that you want to own.

My next piece of advise would be to be consistent. On the watch front you can’t just tell an AD what you want (and why) and then wait 4-5 years expecting them to call. Go back in regularly. Demonstrate your interest in watches. Show the AD what you have. Be personable.

On the property side and as a very small scale landlord with just 3 x rental properties accumulated over the past 15 years, let me tell you it’s not easy. Far harder at times than acquiring a Rolex watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question

AI member?

Apprentice
    Yeah great mate thankyou own two flats getting there slowly but surely

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your decision to start building a watch collection! When looking for your first Rolex, consider these steps:

• Research: Familiarize yourself with different Rolex models, their histories, features, and variations. Learn about the factors that affect their value and collectibility.
    • Authorized Dealers: Start by visiting official Rolex authorized dealers. They offer new and authentic Rolex watches with warranties. This ensures you're getting a genuine timepiece.
    • Pre-Owned Market: You might also explore the pre-owned market through reputable dealers or platforms like Chrono24 and WatchBox. Make sure to verify the authenticity and condition before purchasing.
    • Forums and Communities: Participate in watch forums (like Watchuseek or Rolex-specific forums) to gain insights from experienced collectors. They might also have watches for sale.
    • Networking: Attend watch events, exhibitions, and auctions to meet other enthusiasts and potential sellers.
    • Budget and Preferences: Determine your budget and preferences. Are you looking for a particular model, vintage or modern, specific features, etc.?
    • Verification: Before making a purchase, verify the seller's reputation, ask for authenticity papers, and consider having the watch checked by a professional watchmaker.
    • Long-Term Value: While Rolex watches often hold value well, it's important to prioritize personal enjoyment over solely considering it an investment.
    • Patience: Building a collection takes time. Don't rush into a purchase; wait for the right piece that truly resonates with you.

Remember, a watch collection is a personal journey. Enjoy the process of discovery, research, and finding watches that align with your style and preferences. Good luck!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    AI member?
    I'm getting the same impression for the reason that the word mate is being used willy nilly