closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Catawicki

Catawicki

Anyone done any deals in this place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchased a few times always gone smoothly for me but these purchases were from Europe pre Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Purchased a few times always gone smoothly for me but these purchases were from Europe pre Brexit.
    Thanks for the info.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I haven't personally but against my advice my dad bought a Catawiki watch.
    Described as in excellent condition and working correctly.
    Arrived with a 2 hour power reserve, a date that changed at 5pm and a plexiglass that was half on half off with visible air between one side of the case and glass. Totally on the piste.

The returns system was awful and the whole sh*tfest took over a month to resolve and fell to me in its entirety. Ive changed his password so he cant do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I haven't personally but against my advice my dad bought a Catawiki watch.
    Described as in excellent condition and working correctly.
    Arrived with a 2 hour power reserve, a date that changed at 5pm and a plexiglass that was half on half off with visible air between one side of the case and glass. Totally on the piste.

The returns system was awful and the whole sh*tfest took over a month to resolve and fell to me in its entirety. Ive changed his password so he cant do it again.
    Thanks.. like the idea of changing his password

Master
    I have bought quite a few watches from Catawiki over the years, both pre and post Brexit. I have only had one issue where, upon opening a watch advertised with a 17j movement, it turned out significantly inferior. I wasn't able to return it as I had discovered this a few days outside of the period in which you can raise a complaint. Catawiki did give me a voucher for €30 (about 1/3 of what I paid). I have had one or two that were not as expected but, after factoring in the price of return carriage, I wouldn't have got much back.

As with buying anything unseen from the internet you have to be careful and set yourself limits which you are comfortable with. I never spend more than I am willing to lose (depending on the watch but I don't think I have spent more than £150 in one transaction). Look at the photos very carefully, preferably on a monitor than a smartphone. Some of the dealers are quite honest about work done to their watches including non OEM parts and redials (although these can be fairly obvious).

Most of my watches come in under the threshold for import duties etc. but with the ones that don't it seems a bit of a lottery to which ones get swept up in the net.