closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Some Rolex eye candy (past & present)

Some Rolex eye candy (past & present)

I have posted some of these before but I also took some new shots recently. Can't remember which ones I've shared before.

I'm actually very lazy taking new ones so I guess I have to recycle some of the old ones.

Pics of some Rolex watches I've owned and currently own. DD Champagne is friend's watch. I also had a lot of photos of the 14060 that I owned but I think I've lost them when my portable drive crashed.

Not looking to buy anything anymore but I wouldn't mind a 16750 or 1675 if the prices become reasonable ever again.

Very nice, indeed.

How did you end up with those results?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice shots, you have flipped the yacht image which make it look odd.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Very nice, indeed.

Thanks.

I ended up with only four.

I have 16600, 16610 (my favorite), 16710 and 16570 left.

I adore the blue 16613 but it's too garish and flashy. Photographs great though.

The only thing I still want is a 1675/16750 but the current prices are so stupid that I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Nice shots, you have flipped the yacht image which make it look odd.
    Thanks.

Yeah I guess I did. Someone else mentioned about it in the past too.

Very nice, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Thanks.

I ended up with only four.

I have 16600, 16610 (my favorite), 16710 and 16570 left.

I adore the blue 16613 but it's too garish and flashy. Photographs great though.

The only thing I still want is a 1675/16750 but the current prices are so stupid that I'll pass.
    Kinda meant - what technique........................?

Kinda meant - what technique........................?
    Ahh... sorry.

I have a lightbox and just plain old Nikon D80 which I use for real estate photography (I'm a broker and shoot the houses myself). Of course when I shoot watches I use completely different kind of macro objective.

Camera doesn't mean much when taking watch photos. It's all about lighting and how the light filters through the lightbox walls. You just have to create optimal lighting. The rest is very easy. Some people use a tripod and a timer just to make sure the camera doesn't move at all when you click. That is very important to achieve the sharpness. I rarely use the timer, just a tripod or something that I can support the camera with.

Cheers.
    Last edited by JPE; 21st August 2023 at 19:32.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That Pepsi looks great. Makes me want to hunt one down!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Yeah I guess I did. Someone else mentioned about it in the past too.
    Lol. Probably me. Only a sailor would notice.

Ahh... sorry.

I have a lightbox and just plain old Nikon D80 which I use for real estate photography (I'm a broker and shoot the houses myself). Of course when I shoot watches I use completely different kind of macro objective.

Camera doesn't mean much when taking watch photos. It's all about lighting and how the light filters through the lightbox walls. You just have to create optimal lighting. The rest is very easy. Some people use a tripod and a timer just to make sure the camera doesn't move at all when you click. That is very important to achieve the sharpness. I rarely use the timer, just a tripod or something that I can support the camera with.

Cheers.
    Thanks - might have another go at that over winter.

Forgot to mention that sometimes I use a blank white A4 paper on top of the lightbox to avoid excessive light exposure. I move it accordingly depending what kind of shot I'm aiming at.

THAT is the thing with the watch photography. Lighting. Camera really doesn't mean sh*t. I've taken nice watch shots back in early 2000 with €50 Canon PowerShot.

Today's phones have pretty good cameras too.

Camera and objective means much more in something like real estate photography. You absolutely need a professional camera, wide range (like 10-20) and objective that has very good lighting abilities. The difference in quality between a pro camera and something like iPhone is astronomical.

Just an example. This I took with a pro camera, especially designed for the purpose. Look at the width and details and the even lighting everywhere. You don't need that kind of abilities in watch photography when you create the perfect lighting conditions yourself in the small lightbox.

But when shooting watches the camera means maybe 10%. 90% is lighting. With good camera you can get superb details especially when you shoot darker photos like Jocke. You can't get those results with crappy camera.

Good luck. It's a lot of fun. I wish I had more time to do that.

Grand Master
    Nice photos.....

I have a similar collection.

X2 16600/16610/14060 & a barely worn 1998 16710 coke.

Grand Master
    Some lovely images there, thanks for sharing
    RIAC

Forgot to mention that sometimes I use a blank white A4 paper on top of the lightbox to avoid excessive light exposure. I move it accordingly depending what kind of shot I'm aiming at.

THAT is the thing with the watch photography. Lighting. Camera really doesn't mean sh*t. I've taken nice watch shots back in early 2000 with €50 Canon PowerShot.

Today's phones have pretty good cameras too.

Camera and objective means much more in something like real estate photography. You absolutely need a professional camera, wide range (like 10-20) and objective that has very good lighting abilities. The difference in quality between a pro camera and something like iPhone is astronomical.

Just an example. This I took with a pro camera, especially designed for the purpose. Look at the width and details and the even lighting everywhere. You don't need that kind of abilities in watch photography when you create the perfect lighting conditions yourself in the small lightbox.

But when shooting watches the camera means maybe 10%. 90% is lighting. With good camera you can get superb details especially when you shoot darker photos like Jocke. You can't get those results with crappy camera.

Good luck. It's a lot of fun. I wish I had more time to do that.
    Man wish I lived in a place like that!