closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garage alarm system

Master

Garage alarm system

As per my other thread, we’re having a new garage built and had first fix electrics fitted on Saturday, it got me thinking about security.
    I could link it to the house alarm but that would mean running a cable from the panel to the garage and that is a real pain because of where the panel is, and I couldn’t really hide it completely because of paths/patios/walls etc
    I was thinking of its own independent system.
    Has anyone fitted one and been happy with it.
    There will be 2 roller doors and one composite door, no windows but 6 skylights.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a Ring alarm, cheap, easy to install, works well and you can link it to cameras. App works well. All wireless install.

Would work fine for your project.

Craftsman
    How far is the garage?
    I have a outdoor bar that is linked to house alarm but I have have a Texecom hybrid alarm so some wired and some wireless and it works seamlessly.
    The bar is on its own setting so can arm
    Both or just bar or the house.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

We had just this set up as the cable that originally linked the 2 buildings developed a fault.

We ended up with 2 separate systems but linked by radio so if one was set off the other would sound - both so would hear the garage in the house but also as only the house dialed the police.

If you can get them on one system I would as would frequently set the garage off or forget to set and then have to walk over there to do so.

Speak to the alarm company they probably have better solutions now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    We had just this set up as the cable that originally linked the 2 buildings developed a fault.

We ended up with 2 separate systems but linked by radio so if one was set off the other would sound - both so would hear the garage in the house but also as only the house dialed the police.

If you can get them on one system I would as would frequently set the garage off or forget to set and then have to walk over there to do so.

Speak to the alarm company they probably have better solutions now.
    I have and they said about getting a cable from the house alarm panel to the garage.
    It’s a real pain to do and it would require digging up the patio etc
    I did ask about a totally separate system for the garage but they mentioned a silly figure.

We definitely had a radio relay installed by Secom about 2016 although was 2 separate systems this was because the wire had deteriorated.

If you can I would look at the wire as the convenience and lack of false alarms/late night walks in the rain to the garage will be worth it.

That said my current system (Texecom via a local provider) has an app which allows you to arm/unarm so that might be a possibility to make 2 distinct systems easier to manage.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    I have and they said about getting a cable from the house alarm panel to the garage.
    It’s a real pain to do and it would require digging up the patio etc
    I did ask about a totally separate system for the garage but they mentioned a silly figure.
    I think high end expensive alarms are a thing of the past unless you have high value contents that require a certified alarm.

The modern wireless systems, like Ring, seem very good to me compared to old school alarms.