closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Central London - Am I Being Daft?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post

So as a result I’m off to buy a Patek Philippe tomorrow and wear it with a t shirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please do make sure that you are carrying a Patek Philippe bag with the box or the watch dealers bag with the dealer’s name clearly visible.
    It would also help if you go to a pub and boast in front of a total stranger how much the watch cost:-)
    Last edited by RAJEN; 14th February 2024 at 22:41.

The top 10 areas in the UK for violent crime are all outside of London whereas the area with the least violent crime in the UK is inside London. Go figure.

Master
    Blog Entries
    At six foot four and twenty stone, there’s just more of you to stab.

I never used to care but with age (and knackered knees) comes wisdom and at the grand old age of 42, I wouldn’t wear a Rolex out in town any more. It’s a sad state of affairs but it just isn’t worth it.

You’ll always have the arm chair Bruce Lee’s telling you to wear what you want etc and I’m sure you can handle yourself but when its a couple of lads on a mopeds with knives / machetes / God knows what, you’re not walking away unscathed.

In my younger and stupider years, I popped up to Harrods to pick up a green Tudor for an American based mate (they wouldn’t post it to him). Wore my Comex as it always seems to make the shops bring out the stuff from ‘the back of the safe’ when browsing.
    On the train back, my stop was the end of the line. Just me and another guy in the carriage. Massive fella, looked rough as ar$eholes frankly. Felt a little self conscious with the Harrods bag between my legs. As the train pulled in, he stood up to leave then bent right down to have a good look at my watch. I virtually sh!t myself there and then. I had visions of being mugged for what he thought was a regular sub (even though it was an SD) that he'd sell on for a couple of grand and then it’d end up on the wrist of the local Grab Away driver for all eternity.
    ‘Is that a Comex?’ He asked. I knew then I was safe. No mugger is that nerdy. Turned out to be a really nice guy and we’re still friends today but that was the first time I thought I’d made a mistake. Lot more careful these days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The top 10 areas in the UK for violent crime are all outside of London whereas the area with the least violent crime in the UK is inside London. Go figure.
    I expect the data is distorted by the incidents by population and propensity to report.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I expect the data is distorted by the incidents by population and propensity to report.
    Who knows I just find it ironic that people who live in areas statistically more dangerous oer capita than London post on a thread about just how dangerous London is!
    Last edited by ryanb741; 21st February 2024 at 20:02.

Master

Central London - Am I Being Daft?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    At six foot four and twenty stone, there’s just more of you to stab.

I never used to care but with age (and knackered knees) comes wisdom and at the grand old age of 42, I wouldn’t wear a Rolex out in town any more. It’s a sad state of affairs but it just isn’t worth it.

You’ll always have the arm chair Bruce Lee’s telling you to wear what you want etc and I’m sure you can handle yourself but when its a couple of lads on a mopeds with knives / machetes / God knows what, you’re not walking away unscathed.

In my younger and stupider years, I popped up to Harrods to pick up a green Tudor for an American based mate (they wouldn’t post it to him). Wore my Comex as it always seems to make the shops bring out the stuff from ‘the back of the safe’ when browsing.
    On the train back, my stop was the end of the line. Just me and another guy in the carriage. Massive fella, looked rough as ar$eholes frankly. Felt a little self conscious with the Harrods bag between my legs. As the train pulled in, he stood up to leave then bent right down to have a good look at my watch. I virtually sh!t myself there and then. I had visions of being mugged for what he thought was a regular sub (even though it was an SD) that he'd sell on for a couple of grand and then it’d end up on the wrist of the local Grab Away driver for all eternity.
    ‘Is that a Comex?’ He asked. I knew then I was safe. No mugger is that nerdy. Turned out to be a really nice guy and we’re still friends today but that was the first time I thought I’d made a mistake. Lot more careful these days.
    Ha, indeed the big bloke routine is utter crap. If anybody on here has had a fight with 4 blokes and won please do tell us the story. They are most likely the same big bald blokes that hit their watches on door frames, and haven’t seen their dicks for years as their guts are in the way:)
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 21st February 2024 at 21:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Ha, indeed the big bloke routine is utter crap. If any body on here has had a fight with 4 blokes and won please do tell us the story. They are most likely the same big bald blokes that hit their watches on door frames, and haven’t seen their dicks for years as their guts are in the way:)
    <hastily checks to see if we have a Jack Reacher as a member here>

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Ha, indeed the big bloke routine is utter crap. If anybody on here has had a fight with 4 blokes and won please do tell us the story. They are most likely the same big bald blokes that hit their watches on door frames, and haven’t seen their dicks for years as their guts are in the way:)
    Does occasionally happen.
    Didn't work out too well for thieves when they broke into Duncan Ferguson's house.
    He actually had to resuscitate one of the robbers after giving him a battering.

Master
    I wear my watches in London and can’t say I have ever felt unsafe until I read this thread. Today wearing my YM oyster flex, yesterday I wore my OP and the day before it was my z blue. All on the underground and whilst visiting tourist sites with my son.

Not saying it can’t happen; but I am not going to sweat the small stuff. Especially as I have had a call from the VC boutique.

So be sensible, be aware of your surroundings and at the end of the day they are insured.