closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega pricing

Master

Omega pricing

It has been a while since I used their boutique and I was hoping for a battery change on my X33. They said it will take 4 to 6 weeks which is too long in my opinion, with technicians on site. I think price of 290 is a bit steep. Any thoughts on where I can get it done?

4-6 weeks to do a battery change! And £290. Wow. Is there anything special about doing this? If it was me I would do it myself or go elsewhere - just checked, apart from the hassle of screws holding the caseback on it is easy. Someone in 2017 got the job done at omega boutique and it took a week and cost $60 including a nice service pouch on return. Last year omega charged £183 but they got new hands, crown along with case & bracelet refinished. I would go back to omega for more clarification on the work done.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by amcneill; 12th August 2023 at 14:22.

Master
    I think they will do the seals but I don’t think it is necessary on a watch about 5 years old, especially since I don’t go anywhere near the sea or swimming.

Master
    Standard CR 2320 battery swap. I've done them in Omega, Seiko, Casio... aside from the 200 screws in this one (RSI claim incoming) it's dead straight forward, the only awkward bit is resetting the thing.

I've got these batteries in stock, cover the post both ways and I'll do this for you for nothing.
    Bear in mind, I change the rubber caseback seals but I don't pressure test - anytime I want a diver doing I take it to my mate at Timpsons to pressure test.
    Drop me a PM if you fancy.

Cheers, kev

Surely you know some local watchmakers who can change a battery and seal?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Standard CR 2320 battery swap. I've done them in Omega, Seiko, Casio... aside from the 200 screws in this one (RSI claim incoming) it's dead straight forward, the only awkward bit is resetting the thing.

I've got these batteries in stock, cover the post both ways and I'll do this for you for nothing.
    Bear in mind, I change the rubber caseback seals but I don't pressure test - anytime I want a diver doing I take it to my mate at Timpsons to pressure test.
    Drop me a PM if you fancy.

Cheers, kev
    What a gesture- you can’t say fairer than that - great

Blog Entries
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

If you plan on going into space any time soon pay the £290, else there are far cheaper alternatives available

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Plus a great excuse to buy a nice set of screwdrivers. I'd be "man-mathing" my way into a new hundred quid set of Bergeon screwdrivers for £100 and justifying it quite easily after "saving" almost 200 quid.

Same offer, if you DIY it I'll happily send a battery from my stocks.

Master
    My Grand Seiko quartz is away for battery change
    £115 is cost so Omega price seems ridiculous.

Craftsman
    There's a few DIY tutorials on YouTube

https://youtu.be/s1eHRvOmnyY

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

My local jeweller wouldn't touch mine, so I showed her my watch instead (X33). They said that I should send it back to the manufacturer's service department. I believe that it was only £99 then. I paid the jewellers shop assistant about £2.50 for the Varta 2320 battery, then bought a screwdriver from Cousins and tackled the job myself. The screws are very small so I would recommend putting the screws on something white. I used a dish.
    Last edited by Templogin; 18th August 2023 at 11:55. Reason: For clarity

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    It has been a while since I used their boutique and I was hoping for a battery change on my X33. They said it will take 4 to 6 weeks which is too long in my opinion, with technicians on site. I think price of 290 is a bit steep. Any thoughts on where I can get it done?
    It's actually 20-26 weeks. Mine was away for 22 weeks so really don't hold your breath. While I knew it could be changed at home, I also wanted the inspection, pushers and seals changed so sent it to Omega. Yes £290 is steep but it's been checked over by Omega and is warranted afterwards.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    4-6 weeks to do a battery change! And £290. Wow. Is there anything special about doing this? If it was me I would do it myself or go elsewhere - just checked, apart from the hassle of screws holding the caseback on it is easy. Someone in 2017 got the job done at omega boutique and it took a week and cost $60 including a nice service pouch on return. Last year omega charged £183 but they got new hands, crown along with case & bracelet refinished. I would go back to omega for more clarification on the work done.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Check the service prices online - this is now £690 from memory. Everyone's service prices have rocketed in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Check the service prices online - this is now £690 from memory. Everyone's service prices have rocketed in the past 5 years.
    WHAT ??

Not sure if this is true or it was a sales assistant trying it on but have just had a phone call asking if I was looking to purchase an omega they were due a price increase very soon. This for clarity was the boutique in meadow hall. When I probed and asked the increase I was told between 2-12% .
    I had enquired about a Ploprof .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I had a conversation with the boutique on Friday price rise for next month!

Did they give any indication as to the % increase.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Did they give any indication as to the % increase.thanks

3-4%.

Perfect thank you

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    WHAT ??
    Dont you know these near weekly price rises are due to the ever sinking Swiss franc/price adjustment? I often wonder how the average Swiss family get by considering according to Swiss watch companies prices are forever going up due to the terrible currency exchange/cost of parts etc.......
    Last edited by robert75; 20th August 2023 at 12:12.

Food banks for Omega staff and shareholders!