closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Devon (maybe Cornwall) Campsite Recommendations

Devon (maybe Cornwall) Campsite Recommendations

The weather is set to look fair from Tuesday next week, so myself and the missus have decided to go camping for 5-7 days. No kids on this one as they have grown up, and I do miss family camping holidays. I have been waiting for a week of settled weather to camp since the beginning of July, and next week seems to be the first week of extended nice weather.

Our last couple of trips have been to Karageen campsite in Hope Cove, South Devon. It has everything we want. A well kept campsite with beautiful sea views. A nearby quality pub in the coastal village to eat and drink, and some lovely coastal walks including a long one to Salcombe.

May try somewhere different this year. Any been to another campsite that has similar benefits to Karageen? Looking to keep the drive to 200 miles (I live near London), so that will contrain me to Devon rather than Cornwall. But, will consider Cornwall campsites if they have what we are looking for; clean with beautful sea views, near good pubs and town/villages, and great coatal walks.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Ive camped in Cornwall most of my adult life, the stand-out sites for me are Gwithian Farm just up from Hayle, super site with huge clean facilities and family shower rooms, Its pretty central and within reasonable distances to a lot of the main attractions. You can drop down from there and head to the Towans beaches or hang a right and head towards the lighthouse which is more rocky. Another great site is Polmanter in St Ives for exactly the same reasons.
    Great walks from both with Gwithian having the Red River pub across the road in stones throwing distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Ive camped in Cornwall most of my adult life, the stand-out sites for me are Gwithian Farm just up from Hayle, super site with huge clean facilities and family shower rooms, Its pretty central and within reasonable distances to a lot of the main attractions. You can drop down from there and head to the Towans beaches or hang a right and head towards the lighthouse which is more rocky. Another great site is Polmanter in St Ives for exactly the same reasons.
    Great walks from both with Gwithian having the Red River pub across the road in stones throwing distance.
    Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately part of the days are full for both sites.

Obviously great campsites to be full in the later stage of the summer, but not good for last minute bookings.

Master
    Can’t really comment on campsites from any experience, (there are a lot though) but north Devon has some fantastic coastal walking as well as the Tarka trail.

Plus there’s Clovelly, Hartland, Westward Ho!, Appledore, Instow, Croyde, Woolacombe, Lyndon and Lynmouth etc to explore.

There is a campsite near me called Westscott Farm, Abbotsham which I think is fairly small with basic facilities and maybe not what you’re looking for, but has incredible views over the coast. I know quite a few locals that have stayed there as it’s a lovely place.

Hello

It's been a very long time since I went caravaning with the Old Dears and my younger brother. But we had many a happy time at sites in Devon and Corrnwall. And I'm from Brixham in Devon, so a high bar for holidays.

Take a look here,

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/advice/
    https://www.campingandcaravanningclu...ites/uk/devon/
    https://www.campingandcaravanningclu...ches/cornwall/

There is also an FB group with around 142K members. So you could also ask on there.

Best,

Ben

I regularly walk my dogs on Bigbury beach and often get to chat with holidaymakers there. Without exception, those visitors who stay at Mount Holly Farm are full of enthusiasm for the place: the South West Coastal Path runs right past it, it's peaceful and the views from the campsite are stunning. It's a laid-back place, quiet and the sunsets/night sky is a big plus point.

For good pubs/local villages though you'd need to use your car or take a taxi.

https://www.bigburyholidays.co.uk/ca...th-hams-devon/

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.